Player you would like to see at Broncos the most.

Coxy said:
BTW, I'd also like to put a vote in for David Taylor. I remember him running through and carving up late last year. Not sure which club he went to, but we could use him now.

Wherever he is, we need to sign him up. The bloke we've got in our squad is a cat by comparison.
He went to Fat Club.

Mateo, he's like oh so awesome.

Maybe Isaac Luke, he doesn't go to bad.

wally said:
Mateo, he's like oh so awesome.

Maybe Isaac Luke, he doesn't go to bad.

Isaac Luke wouldn't be a bad replacement for Ennis.

I liked the look of Big Taylor running wide with the ball in 1 hand. Hopefully we get to see some more of that.

Taylor looks the goods as a wide running backrower, but as a prop he is less than effective. Simply if we were to play him in his best position we would see our pet wrecking ball back in action.

Yea he showed a few glimpses of that against Canberra. I think he said he has never played any other position assides from front row in his life.

We need a forward who can actually offload the ball in traffic and create second phase play. This is one area where our pack let us down. Hannant, Clinton, Thaiday, Taylor, Kenny, Simms are all from the same school of striaght up one out forward play with an occassional pass before the line but rarely do they keep the ball alive by offloading after attracting 2 or 3 defenders.

Sonny-Bill is clearly the best proponent of the offload in the NRL and would be clearly my choice. Anthony Tupou and John Sutton would be second choices.

Argus said:
We need a forward who can actually offload the ball in traffic and create second phase play. This is one area where our pack let us down. Hannant, Clinton, Thaiday, Taylor, Kenny, Simms are all from the same school of striaght up one out forward play with an occassional pass before the line but rarely do they keep the ball alive by offloading after attracting 2 or 3 defenders.

Sonny-Bill is clearly the best proponent of the offload in the NRL and would be clearly my choice. Anthony Tupou and John Sutton would be second choices.

I think Taylor goes against the grain despite you thinking he doesn't

Yesterday he was always looking to offload whenever he took a hit up.

Argus said:

Whilst I agree that instinct and a certain degree of special ability is innate to a player, I still feel quality forwards, like ours, should be able to be coached (to offload.)

To me, it is an integral part of a game plan, with the key being having players in support, and obviously, individuals being coached through practice and repetition, to offload to supports in appropriate positions to receive the ball.

Or are our forwards nothing more than mindless wrecking balls?

Apart from which, what is the point of having an offloading player if there's no-one within coo-ee of receiving the ball?

At the same time, those special players with innate talent and ability - like Lockyer and, in this case, IMO Mateo, are worth their weight in salary cap.

i really dont consider thaiday from the oldschool: run straight at all.

he runs angles, jinks and offloads....

Argus said:

Not saying he is the best at it but did you see Mateo's offload to Hindmarsh for his try!?!? it was apsolutely amazing.

Yeah, Thaiday never looks for an offload...

I want Nate Myles in our side. Great forward in his prime would add much needed Grunt to the Broncos forward pack.

I know he's getting on a bit but I'd love to see Steve Price in our team.

He could do the hard yards up the middle and let the likes of Thaiday, Sims and Taylor run on the fringes.

Thaiday doesn't offload because he is a prop playing in the backrow....

Alec said:

Thaiday's a backrower who does a damn good job up front as well.

Jebadude said:
Alec said:

Thaiday's a backrower who does a damn good job up front as well.

I still think he is a prop. He doesn't have the footwork to be a great modern day backrower. He is still good there, but would be better served at prop with someone lighter with better lateral movement in the backrow.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mick_Hancock
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • NSW stables
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Midean
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.