[Poll] 2015 Fullback

Who Should Replace Darius Boyd At Fullback?

• Total voters
On topic: Hell no to Maranta, haven't seen Eden play, Milford clearly isn't getting the spot, so Kahu it is by default IMO. He's looked slower than a wet week in the NRL games he has played, so fingers crossed he picks up some pace over the off season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Belittling people who disagree with how you've read the news is not an acceptable way to interact with members of this forum.

Sorry, was meant to be more tongue in cheek than it came across i guess.

However, the interpretation of what was written shouldnt be open to discussion when quotes are used. But alas, im fighting a losing battle here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, was meant to be more tongue in cheek than it came across i guess.

However, the interpretation of what was written shouldnt be open to discussion when quotes are used. But alas, im fighting a losing battle here.

But you have interpreted his quote. He was quoted as saying he would like to play 6 in the future, and from that you have interpreted that he meant years down the track when he is slower.

He didn't say that anywhere, so you have done exactly what you have mocked everyone else for doing.

Maranta or Kahu as the best options...

Good chance Kahu and Hodges will be injured before a ball has been thrown in anger this year so we better get used to Maranta playing fullback.

Why isn't marmin Barba in the mix, he's an awesome young player.
I'm going with kahu if he's faster than last year if not Eden.

But you have interpreted his quote. He was quoted as saying he would like to play 6 in the future, and from that you have interpreted that he meant years down the track when he is slower.

He didn't say that anywhere, so you have done exactly what you have mocked everyone else for doing.

"At the moment I'm liking fullback, but probably further down the track I'd like to end up in the halves," Milford told the Courier Mail.
"I like it at the back and it's kind of saving my body instead of being in the front line.
"Especially being a half the halves always get targeted a lot so I guess further on as I get bigger I'd love to go there."

As i said, paraphrasing, but those bolded quotes not only suggest, but confirm that hes not talking about 2015. Also backs up what i said about him needing to be bigger (i paraphrased slower, incorrectly in ur opinion but to me bigger will mean slower). I dont know why this is an argument though. He has literally said "down the track" and "further on". Definitely not 2015 talk there

Ok, we get it. You both disagree with each other. Take it to PM, I don't want to see any responses to the above argument from here on out.

If you must, take it to PM. Do not post it in this thread.

The point is moot. No one cares where he wants to play. We don't want josh Hoffman mark2.
he will play where is best for the team which is what you should discuss.

The point is moot. No one cares where he wants to play. We don't want josh Hoffman mark2.
he will play where is best for the team which is what you should discuss.

No doubt. I am still a firm believer his best spot is fullback. A coach wanting a player to play in a particular spot does not automatically make it their best spot or best for the team. I think even Hodges at 6 and milford at 1 would be a better combo than maranta / hodges / kahu at 1 and milford at 6.

I think Hodges is our best ball player atm. I wouldn't mind him at 6 until one of the rookies is ready.

Kahu scored a try at the end of last season that showed very decent pace. I am sure he ran around a fullback and stormed away to score

Brisbane Broncos young gun Jordan Kahu puts hand up to fill Darius Boyd’s shoes at fullback

JORDAN Kahu accepts he is no Darius Boyd but the utility insists he won’t let down Broncos coach Wayne Bennett if chosen to fill Brisbane’s fullback void.

Boyd had surgery on Tuesday to repair his ruptured achilles and if anyone can appreciate the gruelling road to rehabilitation the Maroons ace faces, it is Kahu.

The 23-year-old has had two knee reconstructions and was lucky to avoid a third earlier last season when he damaged his medial ligament in a pre-season trial against the Cowboys.

But with Boyd now in the casualty ward for at least six months, Bennett is scanning the Broncos’ ranks for a temporary solution and Kahu is firmly in the mix.

Veteran centre Justin Hodges, former Queensland under-20s fullback Lachlan Maranta and British recruit Greg Eden are other options, but Kahu believes he can do the job.

“I will do everything I can to get into that fullback position,” said Kahu, who recently had a minor operation to clean-out the left knee he injured in February.

“Fullback is my preferred position but I haven’t been able to fit in there over the last couple of years.

“It’s such a good club and putting that Broncos No.1 jersey on with the great players in the past who have worn it, it would be a privilege. Obviously I have to work for that privilege so I will keep my head down.

“Metres wise, playing fullback is the most high-intense running so I will have to pick my fitness up and maybe drop a few kilos.

“There are a couple of other players who can play there, but I’ll keep putting myself in there and see what happens.”

When Boyd collapsed at training last Friday, Kahu was 630km away doing promotional work for the Broncos at Dawson Mine in the central Queensland town of Moura.

Despite the tyranny of distance, Boyd’s injury hit a nerve with Kahu.

Just nine months ago, the 13-game NRL rookie was lying in a hospital bed uncertain whether he had snapped his ACL for a third time.

“I didn’t know what they were going to do (to his knee) until I went into surgery,” he recalled.

“I didn’t know what was happening until I woke up. I could have had a knee reconstruction or something less serious.

“When I woke up, the nurse said we’ve repaired the MCL instead. I was still drugged up on morphine and I got a little bit teary.

“It was devastating news about ‘Darbs’ getting injured. I didn’t get the news until I got out of the mine. When you have had an injury that could put you out for a whole year, you understand the trials and tribulations you go through.

“You don’t wish that upon anyone. It’s such a hard thing to go through, but that opens up a few more spots.”

Off-contract next season, Kahu has every incentive to hit the ground running in 2015.
“I’ll be looking to have a good year,” he said.

“I don’t want to go anywhere else, I’m quite happy here and if I’m playing first grade I can’t complain.”

Source: http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...hoes-at-fullback/story-fniabm4i-1227150228221

Loved reading that article. As has been said it is so refreshing to hear a player talk about the pride they feel playing for the broncos and how they are happy to play anywhere as long as they can pull on the jersey

Good stuff Jordan and here''s hoping you can get some luck with injuries and grab the spot

Hunt managed a breakout year after having the same mindset and being given a shot at starting.

Really curious to see who lines up at fullback in trials 2 and 3.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Strop
  • Aldo
  • broncs30
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncotville
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.