[Poll] 2015 Fullback

Who Should Replace Darius Boyd At Fullback?

• Total voters
Can we move on from Barba. He plays for the Sharks.

We could be discussing an actual option to play fullback who actually plays for us.

That doesn't make sense either, Barba is a Five-Eighth, I thought we already established that.. He played the worst football of any professional football player ever at Fullback last season, played better at Five-Eighth.. signed with the Sharks to play Five-Eighth..

In what sense can he even be considered a Fullback any more?
It's painful to read the unfounded drivel Bennet-Boyd haters keep coming up with. It's with amazement that I realise that those kind of posters actually think they are the free thinkers, the enlightened ones. Only they can see clearly while the rest of us simply are not clever enough to understand. One particular poster insists he knows what was said during private conversations between Bennett and Barba, detailing what Bennett said to Barba about his future. Barba failed at fullback and was marginally better at 5/8. He also was surplus to needs and was hideously expensive.

My guess is that the books are well balanced and we have taken the first few steps to a solid future. Fullback is important and I have every faith that WB will have all bases covered with a team stronger for the experience when Boyd returns. We may even have a bonus should the player given the fullback role make a great job of it so much so that Boyd may rejoin on the wing. How good would that be ?

It's painful to read the unfounded drivel Bennet-Boyd haters keep coming up with.

As opposed to the well reasoned arguments that the Bennett faithful provide? Such as that Barba played the worst football any professional footballer has played in the history of game. Yes, the pro-Bennett people are much more tempered and rational in their comments!

As opposed to the well reasoned arguments that the Bennett faithful provide? Such as that Barba played the worst football any professional footballer has played in the history of game. Yes, the pro-Bennett people are much more tempered and rational in their comments!

I'm willing to stand by that comment until you can prove me otherwise, it was like in Space Jam when the aliens took the pro basketball players powers, that's how bad Barba was at fullback this year.

Can we stop this bullshit about putting people into camps? I'm pro bennett but I certainly didn't say that. Im sick of this bullshit.

Gonna throw out there that moving Milf will only create a similar problem in the halves, with a handful of these candidates for this poll being potential halves as well (Kahu, Niko's, Hodges). Only real extras are Ash Taylor and Zac Strasser.

If this happened a year or two in the future, I'd be all for moving Milford back there to the number 1 and putting Ash Taylor in the halves, but he needs some ISC time to develop IMO.

Kahu to wear the number 1 for round 1 vs the Rabbits please and thank-you.

That doesn't make sense either, Barba is a Five-Eighth, I thought we already established that.. He played the worst football of any professional football player ever at Fullback last season, played better at Five-Eighth.. signed with the Sharks to play Five-Eighth..

In what sense can he even be considered a Fullback any more?

Its pretty simple mate. Barba is a 6. Established. No-one is saying he is a fullback. He was moved on because Boyd was coming to play fullback. That set in stone meant we only had five eighth to fill, and milford and barba to fit in the team. Milford clearly wins that, so barba had to go. 3 into 2 doesnt go.

Without boyd in the equation, barba is 6, milford is 1. That is why us anti bennett ppl are saying barba moved to make way for boyd. Its pretty simple isnt it.

I dont want to argue about barba tho, hes gone. But can people PLEASE stop asking why we suggested barba made way for boyd, because its pretty fucking easy to figure it out.

And id like to bring up one thing again.

WE ALL AGREE MILFORD WILL END UP AT 6 AND A BIG PART OF COMING HERE WAS TO BE MENTORED BY LOCKYER

BUT

if you actually read any of the articles that you guys keep linking to where milford "says he wants to play 6" you will see (if you actually bother to read past the headline) that he said he saw himself playing 6 when he was much older and bigger. He mentions "the future" a few times and says it will happen when he is bigger. That isnt him saying next year, thats him saying "when i have played fullback for a few years and i get a bit older and slower, i will move". Why else do you think he wants lockyer mentoring him? Coz locky did the same thing. Do you actually think lockyer wouldve been the legend he is had he been forced into 5/8th before he was ready? He wouldve been good, but he wouldnt be the QLD and AUS legend we all know. Milford will be 6, yes, one day. It shouldnt be now. He is going to miss out the years that locky had to develop his game from the back. He is going to be thrown into a higher pressure spot, be relied on far more, and not have the chance to grow like lockyer did.

You all seem to think when he said he will end up there he meant "as soon as i move to brisbane im a 6". Reread it properly. Hes talking long term. Milford will never become the player he could be being forced into 5/8 at such a young age.

Mark my words.

Seriously?

Move off Barba and discuss the topic. This isn't a Bennett nor Barba thread.

Third and final warning.

I'd like to see Kahu or Maranta in the number 1 jersey. Kahu because everyone says he is great at it and I want to see for myself and Maranta because the 5 minutes he has looked the best in his whole Nrl career so far was when he briefly covered for an injured Josh Hoffman. It was the first time I saw any support from a fullback since KHunt left for afl. Plus we know he is safe under a bomb.

It was the first time I saw any support from a fullback since KHunt left for afl.

Hoffman was definitely a support player in 2010 and early to mid 2011 too. Then Griffin decided to get him to try ball playing or something like that instead.

Its pretty simple mate. Barba is a 6. Established. No-one is saying he is a fullback. He was moved on because Boyd was coming to play fullback. That set in stone meant we only had five eighth to fill, and milford and barba to fit in the team. Milford clearly wins that, so barba had to go. 3 into 2 doesnt go.

Without boyd in the equation, barba is 6, milford is 1. That is why us anti bennett ppl are saying barba moved to make way for boyd. Its pretty simple isnt it.

I dont want to argue about barba tho, hes gone. But can people PLEASE stop asking why we suggested barba made way for boyd, because its pretty ****ing easy to figure it out.

And id like to bring up one thing again.

WE ALL AGREE MILFORD WILL END UP AT 6 AND A BIG PART OF COMING HERE WAS TO BE MENTORED BY LOCKYER

BUT

if you actually read any of the articles that you guys keep linking to where milford "says he wants to play 6" you will see (if you actually bother to read past the headline) that he said he saw himself playing 6 when he was much older and bigger. He mentions "the future" a few times and says it will happen when he is bigger. That isnt him saying next year, thats him saying "when i have played fullback for a few years and i get a bit older and slower, i will move". Why else do you think he wants lockyer mentoring him? Coz locky did the same thing. Do you actually think lockyer wouldve been the legend he is had he been forced into 5/8th before he was ready? He wouldve been good, but he wouldnt be the QLD and AUS legend we all know. Milford will be 6, yes, one day. It shouldnt be now. He is going to miss out the years that locky had to develop his game from the back. He is going to be thrown into a higher pressure spot, be relied on far more, and not have the chance to grow like lockyer did.

You all seem to think when he said he will end up there he meant "as soon as i move to brisbane im a 6". Reread it properly. Hes talking long term. Milford will never become the player he could be being forced into 5/8 at such a young age.

Mark my words.

Have you seen the size of his back end lately. he looks to have put on 5 kg in his arse alone.

IMO, the best solution will be to put the player who is most similar in style to Boyd at fullback. To me, that's Maranta. And before anyone says "that's because they're both wingers haw haw agenda agenda", there's a lot more to it than that. They're actually quite similar players, just that Boyd has had many more years of being a perfectionist. It wouldn't surprise me if Bennett instills the same attention to detail and confidence in Maranta.

Kahu or maranta for mine.

Kahu - I have never seen him play fullback outside of highlights but he definitely must have something as some of the people I really respect the footy opinions of really talk him up. From what they say his brilliance wasn't just done to sheer speed which has me less worried that the speed he has undoubtedly lost through countless injuries may not hinder him so much

Maranta - have loved what I have seen of him in the short amounts at fullback. Definitely looks so much more comfortable there and is always supporting, not waiting to be put into a hole, but genuinely trying to sniff out opportunities

He mentions "the future" a few times and says it will happen when he is bigger. That isnt him saying next year, thats him saying "when i have played fullback for a few years and i get a bit older and slower, i will move".

By the time you read this reply, it will be the future.

p.s - I'd like to congratulate you on establishing yourself as a mind reader.

By the time you read this reply, it will be the future.

p.s - I'd like to congratulate you on establishing yourself as a mind reader.

im not claiming to know what hes thinking mate, i can read the article and i was simply paraphrasing it for the people who clearly only read the headline. I am sick of having to explain the article for you lot. He literally said he wants to play 6 when hes bigger and more experienced. He said that at the end of the 2014 season, so there is literally no way he is referring to next year as the year he wanted to play 5/8th. Simple stuff, but if you would like, PM me and ill explain it in more detail for you.

Actually, i can offer a service for the whole BHQ community. for $5 a week, i will break down foxsports articles for you so you are able to comprehend them. not only will i read the headline i will continue further, and actually get useful info from the article and explain in it a way that any BHQ poster will understand. PM me to begin this subscription. At this stage i only accept paypal

im not claiming to know what hes thinking mate, i can read the article and i was simply paraphrasing it for the people who clearly only read the headline. I am sick of having to explain the article for you lot. He literally said he wants to play 6 when hes bigger and more experienced. He said that at the end of the 2014 season, so there is literally no way he is referring to next year as the year he wanted to play 5/8th. Simple stuff, but if you would like, PM me and ill explain it in more detail for you.

Actually, i can offer a service for the whole BHQ community. for $5 a week, i will break down foxsports articles for you so you are able to comprehend them. not only will i read the headline i will continue further, and actually get useful info from the article and explain in it a way that any BHQ poster will understand. PM me to begin this subscription. At this stage i only accept paypal

Belittling people who disagree with how you've read the news is not an acceptable way to interact with members of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.