THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
The way the game is these days, metre-eating wingers and outside backs are probably more valuable than props. I'd almost give To'o a million before a decent prop. Props just need to defend their arses off now and have the occasional run.

On this point, what happened to the rumour we were signing Skelton? I guess it never eventuated? Shame really, because while he isn't perfect, he'd be the perfect metre eater back we are missing.

If he can get away with it, he will skimp on front rowers, he certainly didn't shortchange Lazo or Bromich brothers.
Fair point, could lazo have gotten more elsewhere though?

Wasn't Lazo a Porky signing, @1910?

Not that Wayne minded, probably one of the greatest gifts he ever received.

Fair point, could lazo have gotten more elsewhere though?

Doubt it, 1992 100k or so would have been pretty good money. Lazo was late to first grade, he'd only played 92 games for the Raiders from 87-91- he was 27 when he started at the Broncos.

Wasn't Lazo a Porky signing, @1910?

Not that Wayne minded, probably one of the greatest gifts he ever received.

Ribot was secretly getting it done during the finals, he was off contract at Canberra and didn't want to go to Sydney. Reebs signed it when he landed in Brisbane with the Australian team on his way to play PNG.

Raiders had all their cap dramas and Lazo was with Barnhill, Martin, Todd and Gaffey marked as leaving.

The way the game is these days, metre-eating wingers and outside backs are probably more valuable than props. I'd almost give To'o a million before a decent prop. Props just need to defend their arses off now and have the occasional run.
Imo To'o is worth near a Mil due to it, and I'm surprised if he doesn't get offers like that, he is basically like an Elite middle who scores tries.

And is very consistent at it.

Wayne may be old and bitter but he’s never been wrong about this.
Wait so Webcke, Lazo, Petero were never the highest paid props in the game while playing under Bennett?

Imo To'o is worth near a Mil due to it, and I'm surprised if he doesn't get offers like that, he is basically like an Elite middle who scores tries.

And is very consistent at it.
i dont think ive ever seen someone with such a low centre of gravity.

Wait so Webcke, Lazo, Petero were never the highest paid props in the game while playing under Bennett?
Keep in mind though before titans came in we had the privilege of being the only club based in SEQ with the next closest club being Newcastle, it's a massive advantage on those that don't want to relocate to another part of the country when we had the second biggest base of talent to ourselves.

This is why I’m still devastated about losing Herbie. He was consistently getting large amounts of metres every game, very underrated player. I understand we also don’t have infinite money

This is why I’m still devastated about losing Herbie. He was consistently getting large amounts of metres every game, very underrated player. I understand we also don’t have infinite money
At the time it made sense to prioritise Staggs and Cobbo.
It’s just just a shame the latter has really not worked out at centre at all…

Active Now

• jarro65
  • maddo
  • Bish
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.