THE COACH Poll: Should Kevin Walters be sacked?

Should the Broncos replace the coach?

• Yes

• No

• Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
they are the anti-fans. Its like they are willing the broncos to to perform poorly so that they can have a "told you so moment" if the club sacks a legend and stalwart of the broncos. Its sick.

If the Broncos sack Kevin Walters it will be the darkest day the club has even seen. Even darker than the wooden spoon in 2020. Probably on par with sacking Bennet which I still have the sads about!

They'll replace him with some other unproven hack and it will be rinse and repeat. Walters was under the gun in his 2nd year at the club as the coach after taking over a genuine wooden spoon calibre roster with a salary cap situation to match it.

Do you think they're going to give the next bloke more than about half a season? Short answer, no.

Barrett has at least been successful as an assistant coach, Brown has not really shown anything across his entire coaching career, but then lands roles that are like head of football, which is what I think he's doing at eels isn't he??

Failed with a stacked dargons team in the mid-00's, 26% win percentage at knights and three straight wooden spoons and 32% win percentage with the wahs in his most recent coaching.

He must have an outstanding powerpoint game
With that kind of record he should be CEO of any number of businesses.
If the eels don’t get the spoon this year they’ll be favourites next year.

And all those coaches have received the same criticism by their fans, because that is professional sport, you are judged on results. It doesn’t make those levelling the criticism any less fans and it’s insulting that they would be labeled “fake fans” for wanting some accountability for performances.

I don’t know what or who you are referring to but Kevvie got a lot of praise last year.

That's all well and good but I am only referencing those who have been going in hard at Kev and their reaction after our win last night clearly suggests to me that they would have rather lost the game. At that point, I ask the question. Are you actually a fan? Or are you motivated by having your moment on a forum?

They'll replace him with some other unproven hack and it will be rinse and repeat. Walters was under the gun in his 2nd year at the club as the coach after taking over a genuine wooden spoon calibre roster with a salary cap situation to match it.

Do you think they're going to give the next bloke more than about half a season? Short answer, no.
Exactly right and then we will enter the coaching merry-go-round with the tigers, Titans, eels etc. We have a coach that took us to a grand final less than 12 months ago. It's crazy to think they are ready to throw him and the team that took us there on the trash can.

That's all well and good but I am only referencing those who have been going in hard at Kev and their reaction after our win last night clearly suggests to me that they would have rather lost the game. At that point, I ask the question. Are you actually a fan? Or are you motivated by having your moment on a forum?
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Last night was a terrible performance against a team coming equal last. It was better than losing but given our current situation it wasn’t cause for celebration on my end

They scraped home in an unconvincing win after conceding 16 pts in the first ten minutes at home against the team coming equal last. It is truly bizarre that you think anyone critical of that performance are motivated, not by passion for their club, but by some sort of notoriety on a forum. Who is it exactly that you think that we are trying to impress?

They scraped home in an unconvincing win after conceding 16 pts in the first ten minutes at home against the team coming equal last. It is truly bizarre that you think anyone critical of that performance are motivated, not by passion for their club, but by some sort of notoriety on a forum. Who is it exactly that you think that we are trying to impress?
I mean, an optimist might look at it in a different lense - comeback win after being down 16-0. Similar grit and committment shown two weeks in a row, last week against a top 8 side. In the siebold days we drop our heads and lose those games by 60.

A performance like that proves the boys are committed to getting it right, working hard for each other. Not going to give up etc.

Anyway, a majority of fans would be happy with the display despite a poor overall performance just from attitude alone.

For the anti fans like yourself, it's always the pessimistic side. "We didn't win the way we should have". What a stupid argument. There's improvement, we are 2 from 2. Only a loser would look at it without any optimism.

Who is it exactly that you think that we are trying to impress?

The people on here who read these forums. Some are highly motivated by it, I've read some all time great things written on here that people were prepared to go to no ends to try and defend, by all time great things I mean clangers. I can accept being wrong, I'm always wrong, that doesn't bother me. Others don't quite have the ability to do that. It's their dopamine hit. They won't concede they're wrong, they'll just pretend like it was never discussed until such a point where it looks like things might be shaping out the way they envisioned. Then they can't hit those keys fast enough. This thread was dead and buried for a long time.

In the case of Kevin Walters, that "foresight" was about 3 years ago. It was unfair then and given what he was able to do last season, it's unfair now.

I try to be positive about things, not as positive as Kev with his claims they are going to be playing in the finals without even thinking twice about it but I would rather focus on the fact we turned a horrendous start into a victory, that's something we should be excited about, particularly when you consider who we are missing.

The people on here who read these forums. Some are highly motivated by it, I've read some all time great things written on here that people were prepared to go to no ends to try and defend, by all time great things I mean clangers. I can accept being wrong, I'm always wrong, that doesn't bother me. Others don't quite have the ability to do that. It's their dopamine hit. They won't concede they're wrong, they'll just pretend like it was never discussed until such a point where it looks like things might be shaping out the way they envisioned. Then they can't hit those keys fast enough. This thread was dead and buried for a long time.

In the case of Kevin Walters, that "foresight" was about 3 years ago. It was unfair then and given what he was able to do last season, it's unfair now.

I try to be positive about things, not as positive as Kev with his claims they are going to be playing in the finals without even thinking twice about it but I would rather focus on the fact we turned a horrendous start into a victory, that's something we should be excited about, particularly when you consider who we are missing.
I think you are projecting.

This is the same coach who took us to a Grand Final. Sometimes circumstances take place and it's important to understand that, we're not the only team to have a shocker of a season after an incredible season. It's not always as simple as the coach. If it were, Trent Robinson would be unemployed.

In before someone hits me with the "yEaH BuT ThE bUcK StOps wItH tHe CoaCh", funnily enough I didn't see him getting much credit last season. So that little hypothesis can go out the door as it's not fair to pretend like he's just someone in the background one year and then start shredding on him the next.
The same coach who has (likely) failed to take us to the finals 3 years out of 4 and as seen last night is getting increasingly hysterical about that fact?

Kevvie got rightly praised last year because we had an amazing season, all things considered. He can‘t expect anything else than criticism for his two season ending collapses.

You might think he should understand the environment he is in. Competitive sport routinely praises wins and criticises losses. Professional sport amplifies this. The top of professional sport where everything you do is under intense scrutiny as is the case with the NRL?

Like Billy you seem to struggle with comprehending that one can be a fan of the club, yet not like the direction it’s headed in, nor even some (or all perhaps) of the playing group.

Thinking otherwise isn’t being a fan. It’s being a sycophant.

The same coach who has (likely) failed to take us to the finals 3 years out of 4 and as seen last night is getting increasingly hysterical about that fact?

Kevvie got rightly praised last year because we had an amazing season, all things considered. He can‘t expect anything else than criticism for his two season ending collapses.

You might think he should understand the environment he is in. Competitive sport routinely praises wins and criticises losses. Professional sport amplifies this. The top of professional sport where everything you do is under intense scrutiny as is the case with the NRL?

Like Billy you seem to struggle with comprehending that one can be a fan of the club, yet not like the direction it’s headed in, nor even some (or all perhaps) of the playing group.

Some people simply cant handle any type of criticism to something they like.

I mean, an optimist might look at it in a different lense - comeback win after being down 16-0. Similar grit and committment shown two weeks in a row, last week against a top 8 side. In the siebold days we drop our heads and lose those games by 60.

A performance like that proves the boys are committed to getting it right, working hard for each other. Not going to give up etc.

Anyway, a majority of fans would be happy with the display despite a poor overall performance just from attitude alone.

For the anti fans like yourself, it's always the pessimistic side. "We didn't win the way we should have". What a stupid argument. There's improvement, we are 2 from 2. Only a loser would look at it without any optimism.

Did your mind coach teach you that, Pollyanna?

This "fake fans/Anti fans "thing is getting pretty old and its actually laughable. So somebody whose opinion you dont like isnt a fan? Come on, what are you, 12 years old or something. I think you need to learn being critical of something doesnt mean you arent a fan.

I think anyone who cant handle criticism or differences of opinion should really stay off message boards.

This "fake fans/Anti fans "thing is getting pretty old and its actually laughable. So somebody whose opinion you dont like isnt a fan? Come on, what are you, 12 years old or something. I think you need to learn being critical of something doesnt mean you arent a fan.

I think anyone who cant handle criticism or differences of opinion should really stay off message boards.
Oh I can handle it. My opinion is that the fans who can't take some positives from the last two weeks are not real fans. That's all. Just expressing my opinion on a message board.

Your first point, you're taking the piss. Just admit to me you're taking the piss and we can laugh along togethor. You're actually counting that first year as a failure, off the back of a wooden spoon and a salary cap situation to go with it. How many players were we paying for at other clubs?

He probably got asked if he's happy to be playing under his dad and whether or not the criticism is justified, what do you actually expect his response to be? Realistically speaking, you think he's going to out his dad and coach publicly? Just the same with some of the criticism around what Kev says, are you actually so naive to think these people haven't been trained how to answer questions? People on here actually probably think Kev rolls into training "alright boys we just need to fix a thing or two". There's the message and then there's the actual reality of what is being said to the group/by the players. I guarantee you they're not the same. I thought you of all people would know that.

Oh I can handle it. My opinion is that the fans who can't take some positives from the last two weeks are not real fans. That's all. Just expressing my opinion on a message board.

You clearly cant, or you wouldn't be trying to call people who have any type of criticism an anti fan because they aren't on the same page as you are.

These "anti fans "as you are so quick to call them are basically just expressing their opinion, they are just doing it in a way you don't like. They see the positives, but they also don't bury their heads in the sand at the stuff thats been happening that's detrimental to our performances.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rookie Alan
  • Fozz
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • DrGee
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.