Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I wonder if Bennett was prepared to give Whitchurch once last chance. He'll be lucky to make a ISC team next week. Milford made some good tackles. Unfortunately we didnt get many chances to attack and completely bombed those chances.

I definitely agree on Reed now.

I get the whole, 'first game of the season, reigning premiers, new coach' argument, but on the flip side if you can't get up for the season launch, at home, against the reigning premiers, to impress your new coach, what can you get up for? Their attitude worries me. They held on for about twenty minutes and then just fell apart. When it was too late they started to chance their hand, but they never looked truly dangerous in attack. Mostly disorganised.

I hope Bennett has a plan, and I hope it starts coming together sooner rather than later. Many changes warranted for round two.

Yeah it's disappointed but I still thought we could take some positives out of that, mainly in the first half. We didn't have much ball and defence just fell apart after Kahu's error in the second half. You could make plenty valid excuses but we've just gotta be better.

We've got a long way to go us, obviously, to get to where we want to be.

Souths were just too good executing their plays. Passes stuck and support play was brilliant.

Seriously though.. I was screaming for Keary and his 75kg frame to be steamrolled all game by Thaiday. Not even close.

Whitchurch needs to go and Kodi in. He is like a poor mans Reed who is terrible laterally in defence.

Those tackles Milf made: Barba wouldnt have.
Next game cannot come quick enough. I need something to forget this game.

Hunt and Milford I think both found it hard to get into the game because of all the drop ball, errors and penalties.

Whilst this is true, tonight's team is still the best Milford's played in throughout his career. The Raiders were always beyond pathetic even with Milford, yet when he was playing fullback for them he never failed to find a way to have a few moments in the match. Tonight he didn't even look close, and the only thing I really liked was the way he constantly supported Corey Parker.

We will win the comp. This will be the catalyst for a big season. No shying away from a terrible performance.

@balym_CMail: Worst Broncos round 1 loss since 2006 - the year they won the premiership.

If you're after a positive.

Broncos are an abomination, send Kahu, Reed, HUNT, MILFORD, McCullogh, Dodds, Gavet, and worst of all Whitchurch back to Q Cup.

Kahu cant catch, and doesnt make up for it in either attack or defense.

Reed, need I say anything ? Can defend, but offers NOTHING in the way of attack.

Hodges, Massive first game as captain...not. Old and thinks he doesnt have to work because he's been in the game a while. Still makes my team but aim up Hodgo.

Copley, Eh cant complain, attacked the line hard when had ball in hand, can defend.

Maranta, ironically one of our best on field, catches the ball, runs straight and hard, still questionable decision making when it comes to how to score a try. Big improvement though, I was always one to want him out but he deserves a spot over Reed and Kahu.

Milford, HAHAHA this guy thinks he's playing under 16's. Nowhere to be found ever, no organization, no kicking game, no running game, did he display anything positive ?

Hunt, the same, nowhere to be found in attack, makes tackles though. Doesnt take the game by the balls like he should, he has the talent but never goes looking for the ball or to organise players. Has not had a single good 5th tackle option in his career.

Moose, best Bronco far and away, runs hard, tackles hard, has mongrel.

Macca, was replaced by Parker at hooker, and Parker...a lock forward..outplayed him drastically.

Blair, solid game cant complain

Glenn, among top 3 Bronx, has really aimed up so far through preseason and now into regular season.

Thaiday, waste of space, waste of money. Should be penalised for voluntary tackles, slaps for tackles, embarrassment to the Broncos name. Completely and utterly overrated, and Ive always thought as much.

Parker, same give it all effort as always, should be captain, outplayed Macca at hooker.

Dodds, Back to QCup for Ofhengaue

Gavet, cant hold a ball to save his life, did run hard though. Back to Qcup until he figures out how to hold onto a ball and not give away stupid penalties.

Gillette, solid in attack, threatened the line everytime he ran, replace Thaiday on starting side.

Whitchurch, this Scrub excuse for a football player, somebody tell me how he made this team, is he sucking Wayne off in his spare time or what ? Cant hold on to a footy, when he does he gets forced back, hides in defense, just a nothing player. Sorry but its true. Oates, Ofhengaue to replace this poor excuse.

Also think Nikorima has a place in this team, I think he would take more control of the game than any of our halves have or will.

Copley reminds me of Tate, with Ben Pomeroy's hands.

Alcohol will do it. Hunt showed alot of heart in defence as always. I thought Mcguire and Gillett went great. I dont think big changes are the answer as its only early days. Souths were on fire tonight. Vidot for Whitchurch. Swap Gillett and Thaiday, as much as i like Thaiday he got owned. Did anyone notice much change in the ruck?

Last edited:
I feel Thaiday's body language is very poor. Every time he concedes a penalty he gets up, has a bit of a chuckle do himself and jogs back with a big grin on his face.

I love the guy for his good-natured positivity off the field, but I feel that as long as he keeps that starting spot, he's not going to get the message that he's playing extremely poorly.

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • Ondi
  • Big Del
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Xzei
  • Brotherdu
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Midean
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Galah
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.