POST GAME POST GAME [Round 10, 2023] Broncos vs Sea Eagles

Some thoughts:

1. Kevvie > Pies (conclusive evidence provided)​
2. Broncos confirmed at least top 4 tier. When we're hot, we scorch​
3. Trbojevic is Walsh's bitch.​
4. Broncos fans underrate: Capewell, Mam, Paix​
5. Walsh/Cobbo combo is Origin standard, even with shortcomings taken into account.​
6. Cobbo will be Origin winger, round 1​
7. Riki is coming of age​
8. Was thinking how much Billy's service has improved, and then Paix came on and lifted it another notch.​
9. Give Payne what he wants, then throw in a private jet on top.​
10. Our first 17 is terrific, but our depth (half, middle) is a problem. We can't afford to lose either half, Haas or Carrigan. Origin will be tough for us. Worse if they return injured.​
Normally I would agree with you on point 8. Re walters/paix but I actually though Billy was marginally better tonight.

But It's hard to compare them when Billy gets to start with Payne and Pat getting the ruck rolling and paix comes in behind lesser props and the ruck doesn't get a flow on quite so easy.

For science it would be interesting to see their rolls reversed.

Does anyone else find it hard to make a definitive assessment on a Broncos performance when you go to a game? The TV coverage is such a common reference point that sitting up high & end on is tricky.. Anyway, what I’m pretty confident in saying is that Manly were abysmal and look to be in a world of pain overall..
it is a hard game to follow properly when at the ground.

Normally I would agree with you on point 8. Re walters/paix but I actually though Billy was marginally better tonight.

But It's hard to compare them when Billy gets to start with Payne and Pat getting the ruck rolling and paix comes in behind lesser props and the ruck doesn't get a flow on quite so easy.

For science it would be interesting to see their rolls reversed.
Walters is getting better each week. Him and Paix us is a great combo.

I said it before in the live thread but it was Walsh's best defensive game I have seen soo far, he was in the right spot for soo many Manly breaks which stopped their progression, he did the damage in the first half attacking wise but the second he did an excellent job in his defensive game positionally.

@Dee, you called for a 80min performance this week but I was expecting it next week. Nevertheless, I’ll take it and build on the W for our next 4 weeks.

Great game from everyone especially, our middle throughout the game.

Riki has grown his game leaps & bounds this season. He’s hardly putting a step wrong and I like it a lot about him. He still have long way to go to reach Gillo’s level but he’s someone who definitely have potential.

Regular scheduled programming has resumed

Does anyone else find it hard to make a definitive assessment on a Broncos performance when you go to a game? The TV coverage is such a common reference point that sitting up high & end on is tricky.. Anyway, what I’m pretty confident in saying is that Manly were abysmal and look to be in a world of pain overall..
Yes. It's a very different experience at the game. You see the entire field, like a chess board and what goes on behind play, but you miss the close ups. I normally watch the game again when I get home. The idea the crowd has a better idea than the refs - who are right up close - should go out the window. The crowd is mob justice by kangaroo court.

NRL2023BHQFullTimeRound10

Was good tonight. Made the most tackles too.
Think he copped a rocket from last week. Still, second most missed tackles. He plays a vital role in protecting Mam - he just isn't hitting his straps this year defensively like he was in past seasons. He's made some good runs but when he hits contact, he's getting very Alex Glenn like.

Think he copped a rocket from last week. Still, second most missed tackles. He plays a vital role in protecting Mam - he just isn't hitting his straps this year defensively like he was in past seasons. He's made some good runs but when he hits contact, he's getting very Alex Glenn like.
idk, alot of his missed tackles came of Mam missing his, Mam had a big issue tonight defending Olakau'atu.

idk, alot of his missed tackles came of Mam missing his, Mam had a big issue tonight defending Olakau'atu.
Which is not great, because last year Bellamy played NAS on the edge and no one could tackle him... seeing Mam struggle to tackle Olakuatu tonight will probably start giving him ideas for next week

Which is not great, because last year Bellamy played NAS on the edge and no one could tackle him... seeing Mam struggle to tackle Olakuatu tonight will probably start giving him ideas for next week
Yeah I would be very concerned if Storm do that to us next week, it would show they are doing their homework, that said Mam is generally good defensively it's within him to fix it.

True that. BUT if it were to happen, first NAS must play Souffs without suspensions or injuries. Hopefully, he’s either suspended/injured for next week.
Who Knows Idk GIF

Active Now

• Justwin
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Tim K
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Howie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • Dexter
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • heartly87
  • john1420
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • marw
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.