Broncos

Kickoff In:

Lang Park

Saturday
Night
18:35

Tigers

Team Lists

I just dont think he's either ready or earned a shot yet. Frei imo has. He's been a consistent performer for years in Queensland Cup.
I agree. But this would actually indicate he has lost patience with him. Whilst frei has been a consistent performer, from all reports he's hardly barging the door down. Piakura is on 400,000 and is old enough now to be a replacement player. Frei wasn't even in the top 30 until now.

need to give this play another run awesome angle whoever video it was

Simplest of plays, Bodies in motion. Storm at the peak of their powers were awesome at this. Runners everywhere, Smith and Cronk just had to pick the right option.

I agree. But this would actually indicate he has lost patience with him. Whilst frei has been a consistent performer, from all reports he's hardly barging the door down. Piakura is on 400,000 and is old enough now to be a replacement player. Frei wasn't even in the top 30 until now.

Depends who you ask with Frei i guess. I've thought he has been ready for years, just never got himself a lucky break. I think with Piakura its more he is a 20 year old player who just hasnt had enough consistent QCup footy under his belt, plus he's had a fair few head knocks. Kevvie is probably just making him learn his trade a bit more. We have to ignore his salary really and just get him playing good, consistent footy.

The whole “will he/won’t he” with Piakura. We’ve spent top $ on a bloke on potential. It’s time to repay that faith with match fitness and by forcing Kev to pick you. And yes, being an 80 minute back rower in the NRL helps. Time for everyone to stop “bringing him along slowly”. Either show us what you’ve got or off to Redcliffe

The whole “will he/won’t he” with Piakura. We’ve spent top $ on a bloke on potential. It’s time to repay that faith with match fitness and by forcing Kev to pick you. And yes, being an 80 minute back rower in the NRL helps. Time for everyone to stop “bringing him along slowly”. Either show us what you’ve got or off to Redcliffe

Bringing players along slowly is exactly what the best teams have always done.

a big reason we got into the hole we were in is because we forgot that.

I just dont think he's either ready or earned a shot yet. Frei imo has. He's been a consistent performer for years in Queensland Cup.

Frei is safe and dependable, low maintenance- they all are.

But he hasn’t been a consistent Cup player. He’s played 43 games across 6 years with injuries. That’s 7 games a year.

He has great leadership- captained Wynnum last week and it’s only his second game there and he’s older and part of a great football family- funnily he’s playing against Jackson tomorrow.

But I wouldn’t say consistent. He just hasn’t been allowed to be.

Kevvie places a high importance on defence and effort. Piakura has shown both are improving but they still don’t have faith he can do it all game. Last week he played 80 minutes and didn’t miss a tackle- huge for him.

He’s scored three tries in three games- two he had to squirm and roll around to get it down and one was classic line running off Madden.

Last week is his blueprint. 80 minutes, no misses, scored a try and didn’t give up when Norths were down 32-0. Other years he starts running up in front and out of the line. His try at 32-0 kick started Norths’ comeback.

Attitude and execution excellent last week.

Piakura v Hetherington tonight will give a big indication where he’s at.

Frei is safe and dependable, low maintenance- they all are.

But he hasn’t been a consistent Cup player. He’s played 43 games across 6 years with injuries. That’s 7 games a year.

He has great leadership- captained Wynnum last week and it’s only his second game there and he’s older and part of a great football family- funnily he’s playing against Jackson tomorrow.

But I wouldn’t say consistent. He just hasn’t been allowed to be.

Depends on how you want to use the term consistent. Doesnt have to refer to the amount of games played. His levels of performance are what i'm referring to. They are consistently at the same level week in week out.

Depends on how you want to use the term consistent. Doesnt have to refer to the amount of games played. His levels of performance are what i'm referring to. They are consistently at the same level week in week out.

I don’t think you can be consistent with so many one and two game seasons.

5/6 Seasons have been less than seven games.

Put him in too soon, you get another Dearden. You cant expect every player just to develop at the same rate. You pick them when they are ready.

I don’t think you can be consistent with so many one and two game seasons.

5/6 Seasons have been less than seven games.

IF he plays at a level of 7 out of 10 for example in every game he has ever played, even if its in broken seasons, then his level of performance is consistent. What i'm saying is totally different from what you are saying. You are basically saying he isnt consistently playing football week in week out to judge him. I'm talking about his performances when he does play.

I would go with Frei if Riki’s groin is no good today just for those reasons, he’s older, handle it better and low maintenance.

But Piakura is certainly showing signs of improving his effort and overall game.

IF he plays at a level of 7 out of 10 for example in every game he has ever played, even if its in broken seasons, then his level of performance is consistent. What i'm saying is totally different from what you are saying. You are basically saying he isnt consistently playing football week in week out to judge him. I'm talking about his performances when he does play.

I think consistency is both. It’s playing well and doing it 20 times in a year.

Piakura has had three good games this season but I wouldn’t call it a consistent season if he doesn’t play again. If at the end of the year he’s played 23 games at his current level I would.

Bit of news stating Brooks immediately released by the Tigers.
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • broncoscope
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • broncs30
  • Manifesto
  • Wendall Taylor
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.