PRE-GAME Prelim Final - Broncos vs. Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Looks like a "Curious Case of James Graham".
Haha I didn't notice that.
Gyngell - " right Graham, if you lose I get to shrink you down and parade you around at roosters training on my shoulders"

Interesting stat..

Roosters back 5 are the worst in the competition when it comes to errors with a combined total of 151 errors.

RTS - 29
Tupou - 38
Jennings - 27
Ferguson - 32
SKD - 25

Interesting stat..

Roosters back 5 are the worst in the competition when it comes to errors with a combined total of 151 errors.

RTS - 29
Tupou - 38
Jennings - 27
Ferguson - 32
SKD - 25

In other words, bombs away

I just hope they didn't play themselves into a bit of form the other night against the Dogs... Although the scoreline was a bit flattering.
Who ever wins this game will go all the way I reckon

The dogs were in horrendous form, they almost lost to the dragons of all sides. There were plenty of errors in that game, and the scoreline really only blew out late. Even though mythchell is an established FGer, I think it will take the side some adjusting after having just gotten used to Hasting's style.

It's all about match ups and I don't think we match up well with the Chooks. Like Roger Federer against Rafael Nadal.

I just think we'll be monstered by their forward pack and we'll be back peddling the whole game. I can see SKD targetting Milford's defence and it's going to be rough night for him.

One thing I did notice during the Cowboys game (not sure if the stats back me up) is no offloads. I remember Blair had one but that's about it. If we are to get to their 20m line to attack then we'll need some second phase plays from our forwards offloading because we aren't going to be making many meters. Hunt needs to cut out his useless bombs but if he's going to keep putting them up we need to actually have runners to put pressure on Topou and RTS.

Hopefully Milford has a good night with his hands!

The dogs were in horrendous form, they almost lost to the dragons of all sides. There were plenty of errors in that game, and the scoreline really only blew out late. Even though mythchell is an established FGer, I think it will take the side some adjusting after having just gotten used to Hasting's style.

This Roosters team has played with him for 3 years they won't need to adjust to him

In other words, bombs away

... and in defence, up in the face of their ball runners and their support, run at Maloney all night, and also in attack, the only way to beat them is to use our passing game. I still think their defence is suspect on the edges and out wide when constantly pressured by having to read ball movement.

We can't give them any room. It's their speed which is the main danger: RTS Ferguson and Jennings.

I am far less concerned about the Roosters than the Cowboys. I think the Roosters are predictable, and their halves formulaic. Thurston and Morgan have so much more finesse, and unpredictability up their sleeves, and Morgan shits all over Maloney.

Interesting stat..

RTS - 29
Tupou - 38
Jennings - 27
Ferguson - 32
SKD - 25

I kinda get RTS, he handles the ball far more than any other player who isn't a half or a hooker.

But the Tupou one is pathetic, he's such an overrated player.

Tupou has declined in the last couple of years. I was watching the 2013 Roosters a few days ago and he was not only grabbing bombs he was running hard, standing in tackles and offloading the ball. His try in the 2013 was out of this world.

He'll probably end up a one season wonder like Denan Kemp. Just a good purple patch.

The poor man's Folau.

Sure, he's great under the high ball, but all it takes is a bit of interference off the ball and you take away his biggest asset.

Has he really dropped off that much? Or was it the fact he was up against Matt Geyer 2.0 who is about as effective at contesting the high ball as Reece Robinson?

But hey, at least the selectors came to their senses on him very quickly. Unlike T-Rex who is still living off of his 2011 form.

They did lose their halfback and top prop early in the game.

Losing your prop during the game and pre-game is alot different in my opinion. Other players would lift more for the former.

This is going to be a cracking game. I just hope Thaiday has his angry pants on again and smashes any Roosters prop running in any direction. We have to stay focused for the full 80. Our big advantage is that our last game was stunningly good and origin intensity. The Roosters haven't been hit with that yet, even in the Storm game, the speed was nowhere near as quick as us v Cows.

But to be fair, they've lost 2 interchange players.

Even if you take in our game at Suncorp. I think we are a 12+ point better team from that outing. I haven't been this bullish on a game in awhile.

I get the feeling we are the better team at the moment and IF the game is officiated fairly i think we do them without too much trouble.

Do we know who will be the officials yet?

Active Now

• Manifesto
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Lozza
  • Bish
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spoon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Organix
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.