PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if big Oatesy will get a recall for Saturday night. If he doesn't (barring injuries) I think he'll also have to be 18th man for the GF too. I'm torn as to whether he should be brought back in as Arthurs has been faultless and his bell ringer on Meaney was a ripper.

I'm wondering if big Oatesy will get a recall for Saturday night. If he doesn't (barring injuries) I think he'll also have to be 18th man for the GF too. I'm torn as to whether he should be brought back in as Arthurs has been faultless and his bell ringer on Meaney was a ripper.

He trained on the "Other side" today and not the NRL side.

I think Oates is better than Jesse, but you dont change a winning team imo.

Are there any regular members still looking for a code?

Lots of callers and commentators down here calling talkback screaming the NRL should bring the game forward a couple of hours so as fans in NZ can watch at a reasonable hour.
Well, **** THAT! NZ had their chance to have a home preliminary final and they could have played it at 6:00pm their time and they blew it when they got flogged by Penrith. We had to earn this weekends time slot.

Had a mate down from Brisbane last month and we watched the Raiders game together. He was mortified that we had to stay up past midnight to finish the coverage out lol. It's just part of life for me. On the other hand the die-hard Wahs fans I know down here are used to the late nights and don't mind staying up to support their team so I'll assume that most of those up in arms about it are Johnny-come-lately bandwagoners.

The goal posts keep getting shifted for us with the talking heads, they wrote us off against Melbourne because of a hoodoo, then we only won because Melbourne were poor, and now they think we’re in danger against the warriors and are tipping an upset. It doesn’t seem to matter what we do, they just keep underestimating us.

The goal posts keep getting shifted for us with the talking heads, they wrote us off against Melbourne because of a hoodoo, then we only won because Melbourne were poor, and now they think we’re in danger against the warriors and are tipping an upset. It doesn’t seem to matter what we do, they just keep underestimating us.

and i fucking love it ... **** THEM

Who?

DD has weighed in to Fletchers whinge about this game being played at Lang Park...

DD said:

Thumbs down you

DD has weighed in to Fletchers whinge about this game being played at Lang Park...

DD said:

View attachment 24159

DD said:

“We have earned the right to play at Suncorp, of course we have,” Donaghy said.

“Look, I have a lot of respect for ‘Fletch’ and I can understand their frustrations, but you aren’t comparing apples and apples.

“The reality is in Brisbane we are fortunate to have a world-class stadium that holds 50,000-odd people.

“It will be a hell of a spectacle.

“For rugby league fans, Saturday night at Suncorp will be pretty special.”

Warriors haven't beaten a top 4 side all year.

They're 0 from 4 against top 4 sides and 6 from 14 against top 8 sides.

We're 3 from 6 against top 4 and 8 from 13 against top 8.

Losing this game given we've had the week off and have been in much better form would be an embarrassment.

Losing this game given we've had the week off and have been in much better form would be an embarrassment.
I get the stats, they’re all well and good, but ultimately, this is about what happens in the next 80 mins of footy.

We have to be in the fight first, then let the skill levels shine through and hopefully we’ll score more than them.

Make no mistake about it. The Warriors are one game away from a GF too and anyone who thinks they’re not going to be up for it will be in for a shock.

If we play as we have been, we should win this game. If not, it’ll be a missed opportunity. It’s all about our attitude on the pitch, the use and timings of the bench and fair calls from the officials. This is going to be tight.

It’d be disappointing to lose but not an embarrassment. We’ve come a long way since the spoon year.

Just read that Klein may not be picked as the on ground ref for the rest of the finals series. Can't see that as anything but a plus for our chances of going all the way.
So who are we likely to get appointed? Please don’t let it be Adam Gee. The warriors have a great record under him while our record is trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Battler
  • barker
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Griffo
  • winslow_wong
  • mitch222
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Strop
  • Foordy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.