PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the Warriors game against the Knights I hope Kevvie has had a not to subtle query about the 10m with Maxwell. They were just blatantly offside for whole sets on their line.
Glad someone said it. They were woefully offside

Girl Eye Roll GIF

Muppet on 360 and Matty johns on radio this morning said something like we are the team under huge pressure and tipping really tight game that if we don’t win our season will be a failure.
But, but, the afl keep telling everyone qld is an afl state…🙄
Think you're exaggerating on the above two quotes.

We are under pressure because as we're go in as heavy favourites, playing at home. Not sure who you're referring to on 360 but I don't recall anyone saying the season would be a failure, considering no one picked us to finish in the top 4 at the start of the season. BUT considering our position now, our win over the Storm, it would be a failure of a finals series to not make the GF.

Like to see a quote from an AFL representative saying that Brisbane is an AFL state.

If you're going on participation of all ages then soccer is the code of choice in QLD.

Ashely KleinKampf in the bunker....
It’s fair to say that we should expect Klein to over correct and punish any minor contact with the head in this match. We should expect at least one sin bin.

For those saying there’s no way we lose this game, sin bins, HIAs etc is certainly out of our control.

It’s fair to say that we should expect Klein to over correct and punish any minor contact with the head in this match. We should expect at least one sin bin.

For those saying there’s no way we lose this game, sin bins, HIAs etc is certainly out of our control.
Agree. I wanted to avoid him totally because he's definitely going to be overcorrecting based on his last week.

Was worried about the Storm. Am not worried about the Warriors... they have been overrated all year, playing a soft draw and flying under the radar. Newcastle were TERRIBLE but managed to still be in the game with under 20 mins to go.

We should fully expect to take the win here and anything less would be a failure.

I can't be able to make to Brisbane this time and enjoy everyone who is going to the match

Was worried about the Storm. Am not worried about the Warriors... they have been overrated all year, playing a soft draw and flying under the radar. Newcastle were TERRIBLE but managed to still be in the game with under 20 mins to go.

We should fully expect to take the win here and anything less would be a failure.
The Warriors have the forward pack to somehat match though. Storm didn't. If they can keep it close they are a big chance. Broncs should still win but is about matchups. The Warriors don't make errors. Very conservative team the way they go about things . They will be hoping for self inflicted errors from you guys. They don't have enough class and I don't think they will have enough points but I don't hate the matchup for the Warriors.

The hype for this 80 minutes of footy has never higher. Travelling to Suncorp from Sydney obviously adds to it.. but I cannot explain how hopeful I am about this team and what we can achieve. Last week was slow and this week is taking forever..

As a fan who has religiously watched this team week after week, there really has been some pain in recent years.. I was there 2015, and there for the 58-0 thrashing. I could not be happier of how we have turned this club around. The job is not done though.. lets earn our place into this GF.

The only thing that could be an issue is a slow start after a week off. If we can come out of the sheds hyped, lead with our intense defence and put some early points on.. I do not see the Warriors having a chance.

I am in Brisbane from the early morning on Saturday, if anyone has a few recommendations of pubs to visit prior to the game (the Caxton comes to mind), that would be great. Brisbane will be pumping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • Stix
  • mystico
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Astro
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.