POST GAME Preliminary Final: Broncos vs Warriors

After a try in the second half, seeing Walsh do the Chelsea Dagger arm up and down pump was pretty cool.

I was initially annoyed by the whole Walsh forward pass situation happening since I didn't want it to take the shine away from what was perhaps the most entertaining NRL game we've had this entire finals series, or at least since we beat the Storm.

However, after seeing the reaction from everyone in the media, I think it may be a good thing. The media will continue to discuss how much of a howler it was and how the decision "changed the outcome of the match" and it takes some of the attention away from us heading into grand final week.

We have all seen how well we embrace the underdog tag and how we seem to fly under the radar and then rise up to the level of our opposition. With people somewhat questioning our place in the final, as ridiculous as that is, it gives us a point to prove and keeps us focused on the job.

Special mention for TMM .
How good was he ? LOL .

Loosing their 5 / 8 a few weeks back meant it all had to come through SJ . Easier to shut down .
SJ and his pals on the Wahs right side made some bad decisions about who to tackle last night . Cpl of times SJ was throwing his hands up after Broncos tries .

If I was a broncos fan I would want Sutton over Gee. Sutton was determined to not call offside or 6 agains. He gets overwhelmed with big crowds. Gee doesn't referee like that. He will give a 6 again for sneezing.

Interesting JP .
Yesterday you thought you knew things that other people didnt .

You`ve gone from troll to band wagoner . Welcome aboard .

2021- that's cute kid- three years behind me.
Except this is what you thought at the time:

I'm really enjoying our hooker rotation of Walters and Smoothy. They both offer something different, but they both compliment the team equally well. I feel like it could be the difference if the scores are tight.

Walters has become a bit of a scheming hooker who can play eyes up footy and can test the opposition middle forwards back through the ruck. He keeps them honest and keeps our forwards rolling on to the ball. His support play has become excellent and he is picking his moments well.

The way Walters has taken a bit more ownership in attack means we aren't just passing to Reynolds all the time. He has become a threat around the ruck himself, and it lets Reynolds and Mam pick their moments too. This compresses the defence and creates space on the edge. On the flip side, when the opposition chose to neglect the threat of Walters and the defence decides to slide to cover Walsh, he has become good enough to make them pay.

Then, by the time Smoothy comes on, some fatigue has set in, and the focus of our attack stops being through the ruck, and instead shifts to the oppositions edges. Smoothy has simple instructions, and he executes it well. He is able to supply long, crisp passes from dummy half to Reynolds and Mam, which then engages Walsh and lets him bring the the rest of our backline into play.

It's during this period where we often put on some really nice attacking shapes to get Walsh one-on-one with a tiring edge forward and it often breaks open the game. I think it's brilliant coaching and the way the team adapt and play to the strengths of each hooker makes us hard to defend against.

Can we talk about the at the ground commentator trying to get a warriors chant going in the 2nd half. Is this not a broncos home final?

AND THEN It was almost insulting to the warriors trying to get the warriors chant going again while they’re down by 30points with 5 minutes to go?

Wtf was that. If it’s a broncos home game then we should be cheering the broncos only shouldn’t we?

Except this is what you thought at the time:

That's correct kid and I still think the offer the Broncos made him was fair- Reece says that now too and wishes he took it.

In a surprise to literally no-one, the NRL are considering changing the rules for next season to allow the bunker to rule on forward passes.

after years of telling us that the bunker couldn't rule accurately on forward passes because of camera angles being deceptive, the reactionary NRL (and PVL) has changed their tune on the matter.

Lord Vlandys said:

“We should look at it, absolutely. Any help we can give the referees we should.

“I have the greatest admiration for the job all of our referees do.

“But any assistance we can give them to relieve some of the pressure would be commonsense.

“We’ll look at it during the off-season in our general review.”

V’landys says spending hundreds of thousands on new technology is not necessarily the answer.

“If it’s forward out of the hands you can see that from the bunker anyway,” he said.

Vlandys defends Sutton

“Anyone can make a mistake in a pressure environment,” he said.

“It’s such a pressure cooker job. They have hundreds of thousands of eyeballs watching every decision.

“I make mistakes in life with no pressure. Everyone makes mistakes every day.

“The refs make one and everyone wants to come down on them.”

Vlandys says the NRL officials are top quality

“We’re lucky to have the referees we have today,” he said

“Look at the speed of the game. They are elite athletes.

“And these guys are human at the end of the day. We need to remember that and be thankful for the professional job they do every week.”

Has anyone visited wahs hq to ask where they all have gone? 😏
i was going to go over and troll them a bit but didnt have it in me lol instead ill just leave this here for any lurking wahs fans for the lonely off season

Xzei beautiful sheep 8f462172 8fdd 474f aea8 c94e23fca180

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.