POST GAME Preliminary Final: Broncos vs Warriors

Special mention for TMM .
How good was he ? LOL .

Loosing their 5 / 8 a few weeks back meant it all had to come through SJ . Easier to shut down .
SJ and his pals on the Wahs right side made some bad decisions about who to tackle last night . Cpl of times SJ was throwing his hands up after Broncos tries .

Ch9 showed Patty and TMM hugging and giggling like schoolgirls after the game, I was cracking up!!

Also, I mentioned it in the live game thread, but in the 48th minute Capes copped a shoulder to the head just before popping the offload to Herbie which went COMPLETELY missed by seemingly everyone? How am I the only person to have seen this?

Also off one of their short kickoffs after one of our tries, TMM got caught up with Reyno in the tackle and was offside. Called by name offside by Sutton, then called by name again and told to "go 10"...but then he helps make the tackle on Cobbo 5m away from the PTB:

In the 2nd pic the number at far left of screen is the 0 in 40 as seen in the first pic. Never retired 10 even after being specifically called out by Sutton twice before making the tackle.

Now I know, we won, Walsh threw a forward pass, etc etc. This isn't sour grapes, just pointing out a couple of things that should have been Broncos penalties every day of the week, which were completely ignored.

In a surprise to literally no-one, the NRL are considering changing the rules for next season to allow the bunker to rule on forward passes.

after years of telling us that the bunker couldn't rule accurately on forward passes because of camera angles being deceptive, the reactionary NRL (and PVL) has changed their tune on the matter.

Lord Vlandys said:

“We should look at it, absolutely. Any help we can give the referees we should.

“I have the greatest admiration for the job all of our referees do.

“But any assistance we can give them to relieve some of the pressure would be commonsense.

“We’ll look at it during the off-season in our general review.”

V’landys says spending hundreds of thousands on new technology is not necessarily the answer.

“If it’s forward out of the hands you can see that from the bunker anyway,” he said.

Vlandys defends Sutton

“Anyone can make a mistake in a pressure environment,” he said.

“It’s such a pressure cooker job. They have hundreds of thousands of eyeballs watching every decision.

“I make mistakes in life with no pressure. Everyone makes mistakes every day.

“The refs make one and everyone wants to come down on them.”

Vlandys says the NRL officials are top quality

“We’re lucky to have the referees we have today,” he said

“Look at the speed of the game. They are elite athletes.

“And these guys are human at the end of the day. We need to remember that and be thankful for the professional job they do every week.”
Like clockwork

Interesting JP .
Yesterday you thought you knew things that other people didnt .

You`ve gone from troll to band wagoner . Welcome aboard .

I have no idea what you are on about. Good chat though.

In a surprise to literally no-one, the NRL are considering changing the rules for next season to allow the bunker to rule on forward passes.

after years of telling us that the bunker couldn't rule accurately on forward passes because of camera angles being deceptive, the reactionary NRL (and PVL) has changed their tune on the matter.

Lord Vlandys said:

“We should look at it, absolutely. Any help we can give the referees we should.

“I have the greatest admiration for the job all of our referees do.

“But any assistance we can give them to relieve some of the pressure would be commonsense.

“We’ll look at it during the off-season in our general review.”

V’landys says spending hundreds of thousands on new technology is not necessarily the answer.

“If it’s forward out of the hands you can see that from the bunker anyway,” he said.

Vlandys defends Sutton

“Anyone can make a mistake in a pressure environment,” he said.

“It’s such a pressure cooker job. They have hundreds of thousands of eyeballs watching every decision.

“I make mistakes in life with no pressure. Everyone makes mistakes every day.

“The refs make one and everyone wants to come down on them.”

Vlandys says the NRL officials are top quality

“We’re lucky to have the referees we have today,” he said

“Look at the speed of the game. They are elite athletes.

“And these guys are human at the end of the day. We need to remember that and be thankful for the professional job they do every week.”

I'm actually all for it if they get it right. Seems stupid in this day and age not to have the bunker rule on them.

Yes, they are. That ridiculous call and subsequent try did not sink the Warriors. The Broncos overall dominant performance and 30 point difference is what sunk them.
I was at the game last night, but from memory prior to the forward pass try Riki had gone close to scoring off a long break and Herbie had a try taken off him for a forward pass from Capewell.

So it would suggest that Broncos were getting themselves on top and it was only lack of execution not blowing the game open.

Even warriors third try was after Walsh went for the spectacular with a cross field kick after offloads and line breaks and on the back off 3 quick tries in succession.

I'm actually all for it if they get it right. Seems stupid in this day and age not to have the bunker rule on them.
My memory isn’t the greatest, but did they used to rule on forward passes and then get rid of it? I kind of remember Super League being able to rule on it.

Surely camera angles etc have changed enough since then to rule a bit more accurately.

So glad his 'off' night was lat night. Walshy also admitted he was a bag of nerves come game time so hopefully that little bit of experience last night will stand him in good stead next week. It would be nice if B. Slater would have a word with Walshy to settle him on game day. Purely as one Queenslander to another of course.
I think next week is a bit of a free hit for the team.

They went into last night as overwhelming favourites and were expected to win... but they still had to turn up and do it.

Next week Penrith are rightly favourites and our best chance of getting a win is to go balls to the wall in attack.

If it comes off we're every chance of winning... if it doesn't then we weren't expected to be much of a chance and we tried our shot, but it didnt come off.

Pressure will still be there, but you'd think they'll be a little more relaxed coming in as the underdogs... siege mentality can be in full effect

Very heavily Reece Walsh flavoured. I feel as though Walsh happens to be a part of everything good that we do, but we also have threats across the park that we don’t exactly rely on him for all our points. Does that make sense?
If they're not careful a Reynolds master class could be on the cards if they focus too heavily on him.

I think it basically comes down to what he sees on the night.

Storm kept Walsh quiet in week 1 so he took over the game and blitzed them... Warriors weren't able to shut him down from minute one so Reyno just kept feeding him the ball and looked like he had a quiet game.

If panthers do their homework on Walsh and it looks like he's getting shut down then I would expect Reynolds to put his hand up and start taking over.

It will just come down to where they draw the line... and we all know the NRL and media won't be able to help themselves.

Last night's was an obvious forward pass, but if they bring it in those won't be the controversial ones that start getting called.

The bunker will be required to look at every pass in a try scoring play and then there will be ones that are called and ones that aren't... some where they will go with the onfield ref and others where they will overrule as being clear and obvious, when in reality it's 50/50.

These articles come up after a howler is missed, but they don't think of all the 50/50's that will suddenly be dragged into it.

The ones that will piss off pundits everywhere will be those last passes after a linebreak to beat the fullback... I'm sure a lot of those are forward, but in reality all the damage has been done and the final pass has no real effect on the play... but all of a sudden perfectly fine tries that no one cared about will start getting called back... and then others that look forward will be play on

It will just come down to where they draw the line... and we all know the NRL and media won't be able to help themselves.

Last night's was an obvious forward pass, but if they bring it in those won't be the controversial ones that start getting called.

The bunker will be required to look at every pass in a try scoring play and then there will be ones that are called and ones that aren't... some where they will go with the onfield ref and others where they will overrule as being clear and obvious, when in reality it's 50/50.

These articles come up after a howler is missed, but they don't think of all the 50/50's that will suddenly be dragged into it.

The ones that will piss off pundits everywhere will be those last passes after a linebreak to beat the fullback... I'm sure a lot of those are forward, but in reality all the damage has been done and the final pass has no real affect on the play... but all of a sudden perfectly fine tries that no one cared about will start getting called back... and then others that look forward will be play on

While i am for it, i can see it being as bad as VAR.

My memory isn’t the greatest, but did they used to rule on forward passes and then get rid of it? I kind of remember Super League being able to rule on it.

Surely camera angles etc have changed enough since then to rule a bit more accurately.

I think it was trialled in Superleague iirc but it wasnt used in any games that mattered and i think they just didnt bother with it.

If they're not careful a Reynolds master class could be on the cards if they focus too heavily on him.

I think it basically comes down to what he sees on the night.

Storm kept Walsh quiet in week 1 so he took over the game and blitzed them... Warriors weren't able to shut him down from minute one so Reyno just kept feeding him the ball and looked like he had a quiet game.

If panthers do their homework on Walsh and it looks like he's getting shut down then I would expect Reynolds to put his hand up and start taking over.
If there shooting up hard at Walsh, Reynolds will kick in behind the line for Selwyn and put them on notice.
If their heavily focused on shutting down the offloads they'll get more numbers into tackles which will create space in other areas.
In our 2 finals games we've shown a few different cards and the ability to adapt on the run in attack and Penrith will have to decide what they try to stop.

Ch9 showed Patty and TMM hugging and giggling like schoolgirls after the game, I was cracking up!!

I hate to compare the two codes but in the AFL there were players on the losing side who were inconsolable, compare that to our code where players from the other team are having a giggle and a catch up session out there.

If we had lost and had to see that, I wouldn't take it so well.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • Aldo
  • marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ettybay
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • MrMoore
  • mystico
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • davidp
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.