POST GAME PSC - Broncos vs Cowboys

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Humans make mistakes. Maybe even you.

Indeed they do but most would own it if it is proven without a shadow of a doubt, not double down by making up different rules that have never existed to prove why they were right.

Then again, there are many posters on here proven wrong and never admit it, so yeah, I am likely wrong about the above sentence.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If I were Kev I would be asking Mozer's ISC coach to have him on field as much as possible for half the season then bring him straight onto the bench in the middle of the Origin period to play 30 minutes against tired/depleted opposition. If we have to rush him through just a little bit then so be it because I want him to be a regular for the Broncs while Reyno is still here to mentor him and play him into first grade.

Issue last season was he didn't start until halfway through the season and Souths captain and hooker was Hazard. Souths were in a mess and Mozer really wasn't up to it then he hurt his shoulder so that was it.

I think this season with no Meninga, and he can start the year in ISC you'll see more growth. I think Souths will improve dramatically too which will help him. I would suspect he will still play Colts at some time this season.

I'd say he will play Souths last trial this week.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Any chance Kevvie is right about us needing to improve our discipline?

Mate.....its a struggle to see what over half the six again calls are actually for.

and on top of that....when the bell sounds and the ref hasn't even called anything........ so NOBODY has a clue what its for....

**** !!!
Frustrated Mad As Hell GIF by Tennis TV

Trill Harrigan

Trill Harrigan

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2021
were the dissent penalties from 2 diff players? i feel like the ref was a bit over zealous but theres no doubt our team has some discipline to learn

ozzball

ozzball

QCup Player
Mar 17, 2013
What's the word on Herbie .. I read he a was on the edge of extending his contract ... since then ... ~~~crickets~~~

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Indeed they do but most would own it if it is proven without a shadow of a doubt, not double down by making up different rules that have never existed to prove why they were right.

Then again, there are many posters on here proven wrong and never admit it, so yeah, I am likely wrong about the above sentence.
No one has ever argued the referees are infallible: that's why they introduced the bunker and appeals. Which sometimes reveal refereeing errors, and sometimes the players getting it wrong. So it goes, we're all human. We make mistakes.

Anyone who's ever refereed can tell you who difficult it is being the man in the middle. Forward passes are much easier. The touchies are invariably right there. Unlike the fans, especially those watching TV, who are almost always wrong on borderline forward passes. Regardless, it's pointless arguing with them. And crass to call them cheats.

But to go further and insist there's a criminal conspiracy to rig games, I won't entertain that. And it seems like it should be beneath you as well. You're not a yobbo.

In this competition, in any competition, all contestants agree to abide by the referee's decision, knowing sometimes they'll get things wrong. When you have to make up conspiracies that the referees are cheating in order to support your team, you're failing the spirit of the game and ruining it for those of us who respect the core agreement.

I deplore this shit.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
What's the word on Herbie .. I read he a was on the edge of extending his contract ... since then ... ~~~crickets~~~
This is the Badel rumour dated Jan 25:

"Farnworth has not formally inked a new deal at this stage, but Brisbane are in the advanced stages of discussions and are confident of formalising an upgrade – possibly before their premiership opener against the Panthers on March 3."​
This is from Brent Read dated Feb 16:
"Farnworth and Flegler have both spoken openly about their desire to remain in Brisbane but that hasn’t stopped rival clubs asking the question of the pair. Both are believed to be in the sights of the Dolphins while Manly have tabled a monster deal for the Queensland State of Origin forward. Brisbane have a fight on their hands to keep both."​
"Likely outcome: Flegler stays but Farnworth goes"​

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
No one has ever argued the referees are infallible: that's why they introduced the bunker and appeals. Which sometimes reveal refereeing errors, and sometimes the players getting it wrong. So it goes, we're all human. We make mistakes.

Anyone who's ever refereed can tell you who difficult it is being the man in the middle. Forward passes are much easier. The touchies are invariably right there. Unlike the fans, especially those watching TV, who are almost always wrong on borderline forward passes. Regardless, it's pointless arguing with them. And crass to call them cheats.

But to go further and insist there's a criminal conspiracy to rig games, I won't entertain that. And it seems like it should be beneath you as well. You're not a yobbo.

In this competition, in any competition, all contestants agree to abide by the referee's decision, knowing sometimes they'll get things wrong. When you have to make up conspiracies that the referees are cheating in order to support your team, you're failing the spirit of the game and ruining it for those of us who respect the core agreement.

I deplore this shit.

You have not refuted a single point made in my post. All you have done is talk about some random points I didn’t raise or talk about, true to form for you unfortunately.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
You have not refuted a single point made in my post. All you have done is talk about some random points I didn’t raise or talk about, true to form for you unfortunately.
Well, for one, it's off topic. Second, for ****'s sake, this is some basic bitch shit. Lift your game.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well, for one, it's off topic. Second, for ****'s sake, this is some basic bitch shit. Lift your game.

Yep let’s play the off topic card now.

Look, is it a big conspiracy? I don’t know but the facts are these and feel free to actually address them not go off on some stupid tangent as you usually do.

- the game is run by a corrupt bloke who has a very shady record with horse racing
- The Tigers v Cows was a glaring example of some shady stuff
- The rules are inarguably open to interpretation
- refs are suddenly game managers and not refs
- Teams behind inevitably get legs up to you know manage the game, simply look at last week’s world club challenge as a very recent example
- Explain why some teams year in, year out get really hard draws yet others get easy ones
- Majority of advertising revenue comes from gambling agencies

I mean these are just some of the examples that wouldn’t make it hard to believe that if a massive conspiracy was ever announced about the NRL, it wouldn’t really take anyone by surprise.

But again I don’t expect to refute any of these, simply to either have a go at me or my intelligence or some other stupid, childish response.

MagicMan87

MagicMan87

BRL Player
Aug 21, 2018
That enough of that shit Pud .
Now you`re starting to make sense . You`ll ruin your reputation bro .
I wouldn’t say that is making much sense at all. If you dropped Staggs to make Cobbo a centre you’d push Herbie to right centre which his preferred position and Cobbo to left which is his preferred position.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008

I deplore this shit.

Willing to accept mediocrity in refereeing but not hooking?

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I think Carrigan and Riki but that ref seemed super pedantic. He was calling absolutely everything.
I had a little chuckle when carrigan got penalised for dissent. He said at the world cup that he was learning off the Penrith boys... there is no way in this dimension would cleary get penalised for that....

Active Now

• Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • HarryAllan7
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • johnyE
  • davidp
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • mitch222
  • Galah
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.