NEWS Pursuit over as Broncos finally get their man

I'm not saying he'll be a superstar
I am.
[automerge]1574421156[/automerge]
I absolutely love your confidence McHunt, but, I don't think we should get too far ahead of ourselves JUST yet. I am certainly much more optimistic for 2020 now we have a proper halfback instead of Turps stinkin it up, despite his best efforts. Seibs has something to work with now. Hopefully an attitude adjustment has taken place throughout many of the playing group, but if not, they are sent straight to QCup.

A nice little Xmas break soon for everyone then full steam ahead for 2020. Some good news about a signing like this makes all the difference and a little positivity never hurt anyone, right. 👍
I've only pencilled us in with the 2H at this stage.

Last edited:
Could you name anyone who has improved since leaving the Storm though?

Not saying that Croft is destined to fail just because the Storm let him go I’m just not totally convinced he’s exactly what we need.
Green’s done pretty well elsewhere IMO

Last edited:

Not saying that Croft is destined to fail just because the Storm let him go I’m just not totally convinced he’s exactly what we need.
We did pretty well with Blair and Folau. Inglis and Cronk did okay post Melbourne too.

Last edited:
I am.
[automerge]1574421156[/automerge]

I've only pencilled us in with the 2H at this stage.

Well we are a helluva a better chance now with a proper half, that is a fact. Might have to start looking at those SportsBet premiership odds fella 😚

I think it's a positive signing for the price, provided he brings the right attitude. He may be a problem player or he may have just have had a problem with Bellamy or smith (wouldn't be the first with either). Either way, as long as he trains and plays with the right attitude I couldn't care less.
He is not such a huge investment that we couldn't afford to dump him if necessary, but I think it will work out. Ability wise he is what the team needs, with strong kicking game and good work ethic running support.
There is a small fear in the back of my mind that he may be a "problem child" off the field, but I still think it is worth the risk.

Before we start pencilling in premierships there is still a HUGE problem left that is yet to be resolved.
Namely a recognisable strategy on the field implemented by the coach and enacted by the players. A recognisable halfback will help, but it still needs to be there and there was little evidence of it this last season.
There really is no reason for this team not to succeed and with it no reason to expect anything less than the top 4 as a pass mark from the coach.
The balls in siebold's court today. It is either first day of his long dynasty as a coach or the beginning of the end. I think everyone (broncogoat included) wants it to be the former but it is hard to be confident given what we have been shown.

Inglis?

Maloney
Inglis
Folau
Green
Widdop

I think really, the question that was asked was the wrong one. Players have left the Storm system and improved. Melbourne wanted to keep all those blokes you named, but they couldnt fit them in under the cap.

The question that should be asked is more like " has a player who Melbourne released because they didnt want him improved after leaving " I'm struggling to think of any. Maybe there may have been some who left for disciplinary reasons, but at the moment, i cant think of a player Melbourne didnt want who has gone on to prove them wrong.

I think Croft will be a handy pick up, but i'm not getting over excited yet until he is actually here.

Unread

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Big Del
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • broncsgoat
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • winslow_wong
  • whykickamoocow
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Hoshsie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.