Qld backline

Call me crazy, but I actually think the best young option is Chris McQueen. He's not very fast but has great size and always struck me as being very safe under the high ball.

Call me crazy, but I actually think the best young option is Chris McQueen. He's not very fast but has great size and always struck me as being very safe under the high ball.

Isn't he playing off the bench for the rabbits though?

Yes. And comes on and plays second row. He's sort of like a backup back option. He's actually a good quality handy player.

Yeah he is decent but not an origin level winger IMO.

Argg I can't expect stupid Queenslander to understand what I'm talking about, can I?

Adam Mogg was no different to the suggestion of Chris McQueen. Prior to "Adam Mogg carving NSW a new one", he was just a good solid option without being a standout. That's exactly what Chris McQueen is.

Except Mogg was playing on the wing and McQueen wasn't. I can't expect a ****head NSWanker to have a clue can I??

McQueen has played about half the season on the wing and the rest from the bench. He's obviously not an awesome winger like Yow Yeh, but I'd pick him over some of the other names mentioned, like Vidot and Nielsen. He's quite safe and would trust that he would do the job required of him more than I would like Vidot or Nielsen or O'Neill. Of course, I did say out of the younger options -- Brent Tate is still the safe pick and I fully expect to see him named.

I am fairly certain Adam Mogg was playing centres at the time for Canberra when we drafted him in, I may be wrong but I seem to recall it that way.

Centre>>>> Bench coming on in the second row.

I still think our best bet is to put Tate on the wing, he has never let QLD down and played plenty of games on the wing for them

I still think our best bet is to put Tate on the wing, he has never let QLD down and played plenty of games on the wing for them

I've always had a soft spot for Tatey.......that ridiculous chin and all, and I also I think it would be the safer option to have him & Boyd on the wings.

A new era beginning......Lockyer's no longer there (I know we don't THINK it'll make a difference) so I'm not looking to blood anyone just yet. Since we need to replace Yow Yeh than it should be someone with a proven track record.

Brent Tate is just that someone. He won't let QLD down.

Interested to hear who you guys think will take Cronks place on the bench. I hope it's not DCE because we will end up in the same position as the Aus side and find it hard to put him in the game. This is Qlds hardest selection.

Possibly but you have to cover 9 as well as 6 and 7, the other backline spots can be covered with him though.

Covering the 9 is something you have to do when you pick a 34yo at hooker whose spent the last few years in Rugby League's version of a retirement home. Injuries can happen but I think it's better to just pick a guy who can contribute meaningfully if there are no injuries and who can fill a hole if something does happen.

Even if Cronk or Smith did go down, Cronk can play a bit of hooker and Boyd can play a bit of five-eight (with Thurston at half). And Slater does a bit of work out of dummy half as well. Obviously it's not ideal but I'd rather have Gillett off the bench and do that in the event of an injury rather than just stick a guy like Berrigan in there just in case one happens.

Inglis 'can' play five-eighth as well.

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • The Strapper
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.