QLD Squad 2020

A lot of people hoping on the bandwagon saying the team is awful, yes Hess is a weird selection but apart from that the backline isn't any worse then last year in fact there is probably a lot more strike with Sammi and Coates both being tearaway runners. Another controversial one is Jake Friend, in a year where a lot of people were complaining about the team being so young and inexperienced he is the right choice, id say Grant will most likely get his debut anyway so don't stress. Plus Friends a really good hooker just sat behind Smith for all his carer.

A lot of people hoping on the bandwagon saying the team is awful, yes Hess is a weird selection but apart from that the backline isn't any worse then last year in fact there is probably a lot more strike with Sammi and Coates both being tearaway runners. Another controversial one is Jake Friend, in a year where a lot of people were complaining about the team being so young and inexperienced he is the right choice, id say Grant will most likely get his debut anyway so don't stress. Plus Friends a really good hooker just sat behind Smith for all his carer.

It's one of the worst backlines QLD has ever picked IMO. Can't do much with so many players injured, but it is what it is, just an awful 3/4 line, right up there with 2006 Game 3...which we won, so maybe Wayne is onto something?
It's kind of weird if Friend is picked for experience and then they also pick Coates, who is still trying to find his feet in first grade.

Xavier Coates has missed the last two training sessions opting to go on a previously planned holiday instead.

Petero Civoniceva has quit the QLD team for this years series as he can't commit to the strict bubble requirements because of work and family commitments
Bugger

As much as I enjoyed flogging nsw every year, The golden qld era kinda killed off the origin vibe for me. But this has a bit of an old school feel to it. Qld fielding a team a nobodies not expecting to win and Wayne Bennett back at the helm.
Remember 95

Coates isn't even ready to be the winger for the Broncos... wtaf are they thinking... Is there really no one else? Did selectors watch that one really good try he did? He just isn't close to being ready.
Don't rate Coates, got the turning circle of a B Double

It's one of the worst backlines QLD has ever picked IMO. Can't do much with so many players injured, but it is what it is, just an awful 3/4 line, right up there with 2006 Game 3...which we won, so maybe Wayne is onto something?
It's kind of weird if Friend is picked for experience and then they also pick Coates, who is still trying to find his feet in first grade.
yer i guess that part confused me as well but at the end of the day Wayne has his ways, lets hope we can have a miracle series win.

If there was a three-time premiership-winning winger out there then by all means but the other option was Edrick Lee. From all reports, the Maroons have been focusing on playing it tough and through the middle which at this stage would suit Friend better.

I also think Grant will get his opportunity later in the series, but I don't think he's the difference between winning and losing.

Thrilled for Coates but oh my god - this is 1995 style nonames!

If there was a three-time premiership-winning winger out there then by all means but the other option was Edrick Lee. From all reports, the Maroons have been focusing on playing it tough and through the middle which at this stage would suit Friend better.

I also think Grant will get his opportunity later in the series, but I don't think he's the difference between winning and losing.
yep this is what i was trying to say just worded better by you

This side is classic Wayne Bennett. Left field and not what most people expected and frankly if anyone else was Coaching us I'd be gravely concerned, but nobody does this kind of ambush better than Bennett and whilst I don't have hugely high hopes, I think if anyone can pull this off then surely it is Wayne Bennett.

Will be interesting if Coates will oppose Tupou - two wingers very good in the air.

I rate Sami - good player in attack and defence and it was weird how he was left out of the Titans team later in the year.

I like the side. Yeah it's fresh as **** but there's a lot of guys with hunger and fire on their side. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
This is what it means to play for Queensland 1995 ambush
Gavin Allen

Will be interesting if Coates will oppose Tupou - two wingers very good in the air.

I rate Sami - good player in attack and defence and it was weird how he was left out of the Titans team later in the year.
Was injured. Can't remember exactly what though.

Thrilled for Coates but oh my god - this is 1995 style nonames!

I like the side. Yeah it's fresh as **** but there's a lot of guys with hunger and fire on their side. Nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I agree with you, some interesting stats attached if you like that sort of thing

Attachments

• 2020 Origin Team.pdf
    86.7 KB · Views: 81
Brenko Lee is a worry for me. He is decent in a structured, well disciplined system like the Storms, but he has always been pretty error prone at his other clubs

I don't think NSW are as strong as people think they are. They are very beatable.

We had our chances in both '18 and '19 but we squandered them. If we can fix our decision making in the crucial stages this year, we're in with a good chance.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.