vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not a stretch to suggest that Wallace and Dodds are probably close to peaking in terms of what they can offer, and it really isn't much. Joe O and perhaps even Molo offer more than they do and have played far less games. I often hear about Dodds ability to hit hard, but I honestly don't see it. I haven't seen him knock any balls loose at least.

It's really not a stretch to suggest that Wallace and Dodds are probably close to peaking in terms of what they can offer, and it really isn't much. Joe O and perhaps even Molo offer more than they do and have played far less games. I often hear about Dodds ability to hit hard, but I honestly don't see it. I haven't seen him knock any balls loose at least.

I think his defence is great, its just I don't think his offence is good enough to warrant a place on the bench.

If you haven't seen him knock any balls loose you haven't been watching close enough. Just watch any time he takes the first hit-up after we score points, or are under pressure deep in our own end, or are camped in the other team's territory building pressure. Even in possession Doddsy hits so hard the ball is bound to pop out.

I watched the boys train yesterday and it appears that Blair may be starting on the bench whilst Wallace is starting. I'd be happy with that as it would give Blair a real chance to showcase his offloads against a tired defence after 25 minutes.

I watched the boys train yesterday and it appears that Blair may be starting on the bench whilst Wallace is starting. I'd be happy with that as it would give Blair a real chance to showcase his offloads against a tired defence after 25 minutes.

That would be the idea, but a big risk putting Wallace up against that Cows forward pack from the word go. I hope he takes a leaf out of Thaiday's book with the hard hit ups.

I also noticed Oates was dropping loads of balls to the point where Wayne was absolutely blowing up. At one point, Wayne said "I don't know what you're on Corey but you better be off it by the weekend". He managed to get it together by the end of the session but he seems like quite a lazy trainer.

I also noticed Oates was dropping loads of balls to the point where Wayne was absolutely blowing up. At one point, Wayne said "I don't know what you're on Corey but you better be off it by the weekend". He managed to get it together by the end of the session but he seems like quite a lazy trainer.

Were they off kicks or just regular passing? If it's regular passing, that is a bit concerning. Is Wayne no stranger to blowing up at the players during training?

Forgive the new guy for a dumb question, but where do you find Broncos training schedules etc if you're interested in watching them train?

give the leagues club a call, they'll be able to tell you.

Granville's scoots from dummy half worry me, but I think we should be able to handle it considering they've going against Hodgo in training all season.

The anti-Macca noise will be deafening if the Cows get up on the back of Granville..

Imagine how many tries other teams would have scored against us if we had Taylor and Granville in the starting 13 in 2015.

Best Buy Blair Ain't Happy Yet - Broncos

Adam Blair is highly regarded as the best buy of 2015 but just don’t tell him that.
The level-headed Blair has been one of Brisbane’s best all season, averaging 88 running metres and 29 tackles a game.
Despite this Blair believes he needs to improve if Brisbane are to succeed in the NRL finals.
The Broncos open their finals campaign with a Qualifying Final match-up against rivals North Queensland this Saturday night at Suncorp Stadium.
Blair says he will be focused on doing his job come game day.
“I’m happy with how I’m going but I’m never satisfied with my performances,” Blair said.
“There’s always room to improve.
“I always want to be better as a player and a person.
“I’ve been given a simple job here at the club so I always go out there and try and nail it on the head every time.”
The Broncos are firmly focused on their own performance and processes amid the media hype of an all-Queensland Qualifying Final.
Blair stressed the importance of preparation ahead of his first finals match since 2009.
“For us it’s about worrying about what we can control and doing the things that we can do well week in, week out,” Blair said.
“If we start worrying about the opposition we’ll lose what we are trying to do here at the club.
“Everyone’s ready to go.

“Today again we trained pretty well.
“Everyone’s excited and everyone wants to win the game.
“It’s do or die for pretty much everyone.”
A crowd of 50,000 is expected to attend perhaps the biggest ever instalment of the Queensland Derby in what will be the fourth time these two teams have met in a Finals series.

That bolded makes me confident. The boys are pumped and ready to go.

Best Buy Blair Ain't Happy Yet - Broncos

That bolded makes me confident. The boys are pumped and ready to go.

They do seem pumped and ready to go.

I spoke with a few of them after training today, including Wayne, and they all seem genuinely excited and ready.

Ben Hunt said he's good to go, same with Alex Glenn.

Here's hoping they all play to their potential and we skittle the Cowgirls !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.