Queensland Bulls 2015/2016

A tricky little chase.
edit : just checked the score. Obvs not so tricky.

Last edited:
Three games to go;

WA in Perth
Vic in Brisbane
WA in Brisbane

Victoria 44.62
Queensland 36.98
South Australia 30.39
New South Wales28.31
Western Australia 26.55
Tasmania 14.68

10 players 23 or younger have made 100's this year. 4/10 Bulls.

That's the most since 12 did it in 1993.

It's interesting with the youngsters 25-26 and under, there is a lot coming through.

Batsmen: Lynn, Head, Renshaw, Lehmann, Dean, Heazlett, Patterson, Maddinson, Bancroft

Keepers: Handscomb, Whiteman

Fastmen: Starc, Pattinson, Cummins, Stanlake, Steketee, Paris

Spinners: Swepson, Zampa, Lyon is still fairly young too.

All-Rounders: Marsh, Wildermuth, Dwarshuis

The depth is definitely rebuilding.

my FootDR Queensland Bulls v WA at WACA

Thursday – Sunday
Chris Hartley (c) wk, Peter George, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, James Hopes, Marnus Labuschagne, Chris Lynn, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Bulls paceman Peter George is one wicket off achieving his 150th career Sheffield Shield dismissal for South Australia and Queensland

James Hopes is closing in on several significant career milestones. Hopes, who was player of the match in the win over Tasmania off the back of a fearless first innings knock of 94, needs 80 runs for 5000 first class runs for Queensland and 89 runs for 5000 Sheffield Shield runs for the Bulls. He also needs seven wickets to register 300 career first class dismissals with Queensland and Australia ‘A’.

my FootDR Queensland Bulls v WA at WACA

Thursday – Sunday
Chris Hartley (c) wk, Peter George, Sam Heazlett, Charlie Hemphrey, James Hopes, Marnus Labuschagne, Chris Lynn, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Mark Steketee, Mitch Swepson, Jack Wildermuth

Bulls paceman Peter George is one wicket off achieving his 150th career Sheffield Shield dismissal for South Australia and Queensland

James Hopes is closing in on several significant career milestones. Hopes, who was player of the match in the win over Tasmania off the back of a fearless first innings knock of 94, needs 80 runs for 5000 first class runs for Queensland and 89 runs for 5000 Sheffield Shield runs for the Bulls. He also needs seven wickets to register 300 career first class dismissals with Queensland and Australia ‘A’.

So I take it he only scored 9 runs in his only appearance for Australia A?

Not a great start.

WA 1/321

Bancroft 154
Marsh 92

88/89 was the last time WA had a day with so little damage.

Sent in too by Harts; plenty to do today. They dropped Bancroft on 20 and 63.

Renshaw dislocated finger.

I am guessing the pitch must be flat but gee how would you go bowling first and only getting 1 wicket for the day.

I am guessing the pitch must be flat but gee how would you go bowling first and only getting 1 wicket for the day.

Both openers dropped twice. Hold those and the complexion of the game changes.

Ball on a length was passing safely over the stumps.

Unfortunate to drop catches. Bancroft doing well so we will continue to see his name put forward for higher honours. The QLD bowling attack is as weak as I can remember it at the moment.

Bancroft will play test cricket for Australia in the future and could possibly be the wicketkeeper as well.

Bancroft will play test cricket for Australia in the future and could possibly be the wicketkeeper as well.

I wonder if that's his ticket into the side actually. If he works on his keeping, Nevill is not that young and certainly hasn't done much with the bat so far. Even if Bancroft does get in as an opener, being able to play as a top notch keeper is absolutely not going to affect his stocks.

I wonder if that's his ticket into the side actually. If he works on his keeping, Nevill is not that young and certainly hasn't done much with the bat so far. Even if Bancroft does get in as an opener, being able to play as a top notch keeper is absolutely not going to affect his stocks.

I'd never want my keeper opening. Way too much work.

He's backing up last year and getting patient runs with big 100. He left plenty of balls yesterday and still hit runs.

That's his ticket. I've been saying it for 12 months. He's an old school opener. That's impressive.

I'd never want my keeper opening. Way too much work.

He's backing up last year and getting patient runs with big 100. He left plenty of balls yesterday and still hit runs.

That's his ticket. I've been saying it for 12 months. He's an old school opener. That's impressive.

Yeah I agree with all that but even so, having the ability to keep is never a bad thing. :)

Unread

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.