Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Finals week 2 venues​

Intrust Super Cup​

Semi Finals Week 2 - Saturday, September 25

Tweed Seagulls v Redcliffe Dolphins at Tugun RLFC 2.10pm* (Kayo)

Semi Finals Week 2 - Sunday, September 26

Burleigh Bears v Souths Logan Magpies at Pizzey Park 3.05pm (Channel 9, Fox League, Kayo, 9Now)

Hastings Deering Colts​

Semi Finals Week 2 - Saturday, September 25

Wynnum Manly Seagulls v Mackay Cutters at Tugun RLFC 11.45am

Semi Finals Week 2 - Sunday, September 26

Townsville Blackhawks v Souths Logan Magpies at Pizzey Park 12.45pm

Wynnum losing Colts is massive, lost one game all year. Flogged by 20 week one of finals.

Thought Redcliffe started well and I thought were going to blow the Falcons away, Falcons came back but I don't think they got enough from their big three of Polselli, Murphy and Smoothy.

Trimm was excellent for Dolphins, Redcliffe backs give them so much penetration and make so much ground.

Falcons probably got what they deserved, just got in the finals and straight out. Very up and down but have uncovered Pollselli that's a bright spot.

Wynnum v Bears, scrappy first half, thought it was going to be a nothing game at one stage. Bears losing finals doesn't happen too often- they weren't themselves and Stone had a job to fire them up.

Hope has been the best Seagull the last month. He's been great. He could be a real match winner during the finals.

Cobbo great Blacklock try and I think he worked better with Scarlett last week than this week and he's passing more but just fun to watch run at this stage. Last week was a better all round game- he had that great pass which I am more excited by than the try this week.

Souths were average the first half, just didn't look in the game and I thought with the heat it wasn't going to get better.

Isaako got more ball in the second half and that was the key to Souths taking control. He's clearly going to be a match winner over the next fortnight. No wonder they told Tesi to bugger off with your poor attitude.

Mam try was great vision and kick for Toia was good footy, similar to the try he set up two weeks ago- good vision and composure v Easts. Twice now I have seen him get the ball in traffic and not ideal and quickly make the kick count for outside men.

Paix defence was outstanding, I thought he would make some ground as it was a billion degrees but chance never came. Blackhawks middle was on him.

Norths not pretty, but you're in a prelim and have two weeks to fix it so who cares. I was glad Piakura got extended time- 73 minutes was a good outcome for a guy that has played so little football.

Tweed were tough and really should have won that. Missed chance.

Thought Redcliffe started well and I thought were going to blow the Falcons away, Falcons came back but I don't think they got enough from their big three of Polselli, Murphy and Smoothy.

Trimm was excellent for Dolphins, Redcliffe backs give them so much penetration and make so much ground.

Falcons probably got what they deserved, just got in the finals and straight out. Very up and down but have uncovered Pollselli that's a bright spot.

Wynnum v Bears, scrappy first half, thought it was going to be a nothing game at one stage. Bears losing finals doesn't happen too often- they weren't themselves and Stone had a job to fire them up.

Hope has been the best Seagull the last month. He's been great. He could be a real match winner during the finals.

Cobbo great Blacklock try and I think he worked better with Scarlett last week than this week and he's passing more but just fun to watch run at this stage. Last week was a better all round game- he had that great pass which I am more excited by than the try this week.

Souths were average the first half, just didn't look in the game and I thought with the heat it wasn't going to get better.

Isaako got more ball in the second half and that was the key to Souths taking control. He's clearly going to be a match winner over the next fortnight. No wonder they told Tesi to bugger off with your poor attitude.

Mam try was great vision and kick for Toia was good footy, similar to the try he set up two weeks ago- good vision and composure v Easts. Twice now I have seen him get the ball in traffic and not ideal and quickly make the kick count for outside men.

Paix defence was outstanding, I thought he would make some ground as it was a billion degrees but chance never came. Blackhawks middle was on him.

Norths not pretty, but you're in a prelim and have two weeks to fix it so who cares. I was glad Piakura got extended time- 73 minutes was a good outcome for a guy that has played so little football.

Tweed were tough and really should have won that. Missed chance.

I've been watching Paix closely in all the games that have been televised this year and I genuinely think he is what the Broncos have been wanting at 9, I think he's ready now. You've seen more though, what do you think?

I've been watching Paix closely in all the games that have been televised this year and I genuinely think he is what the Broncos have been wanting at 9, I think he's ready now. You've seen more though, what do you think?

I have been saying all year how much he has improved. 2019 he didn't understand the role, not sure if that's Mogg's fault or Paix but he has a better understanding now and he's improved.

This season he has been decisive and sure about what he is doing. The two stand outs moments were last week against Dolphins and the Jets in June that he was nearing being a hooker.

I said at the time, Jets marker was down he ran a J line took off and Tesi backed him in the middle and they scored. No way he does that in 2019. He might have seen it but he would have been unsure to go or not.

Then last week two tries that were great vision and ready to take the chance.

S.Walters has been great for Paix his ruck recognition is great now, you see a lot of Walters in his running now and even his feet and movement at DH.

Paix is the big improver of the ISC, he is getting better. His body shape has changed over the last 12 months. He's had a run now at hooker playing six games in a row which is the most he's ever played in 24 games. The try he scored against the Hunters showed me he can now judge and go and make an impact. His stamina has improved too. He's consistently getting through more than half the game.

Paix is improving all the time, he is more robust now and more sure when to run. His try was easy but what he was doing was looking up and knew no one was there in front of him- he wouldn't have scored that 12 months ago.

Starting to have some line breaks and try assists for Souths.

He 100% could well be, I have been plugging for him all year, his improvement has been substantial and I made the point months ago he has improved Souths. If you go to a game it is obvious when Paix is off/on the field.

His presence and his body shape has changed. He's a hooker now.

But he's now doing not much and hasn't played since round nine- five weeks ago so the pressure on Turpin has subsided. Very hard now for him to get a run.

I would have loved for him to get a run after the Jets game, he was great.

Compared to what I thought in 2019.

Paix is an unknown quantity even after one year in ISC.

I thought he started the season slowly but the game against Mackay was a real turning point. He was energetic and purposeful in his actions and then found some really good form at half.

He got injured in Origin and then came back and played three games off the bench as the utility.

I thought he looked unsure of his role and Redcliffe were on a big win streak but he would come on and just look in two minds about if he passes or runs and if I pass who to?

In the final against Tweed he touched the ball 24 times and in a final where a bit of creative running from dummy half could have really opened the game he went twice and made 11m. I just don’t think he read the situation well.

His defence in the ruck was great so that’s a positive.

Mam & Tass should be thereabouts for the Broncos next year. Very impressive again yesterday, both of them.

Mam is now up to 11 tries & 8 try assists in 10 games, that's exceptional for a young five-eighth.

Tass is on 8 tries & 6 try assists in 13 games in the centres.

Mam & Tass should be thereabouts for the Broncos next year. Very impressive again yesterday, both of them.

Mam is now up to 11 tries & 8 try assists in 10 games, that's exceptional for a young five-eighth.

Tass is on 8 tries & 6 try assists in 13 games in the centres.

Tass has been going about his business really, really well and I'm surprised he isn't getting more wraps because he looks like he could be a really, really good centre. A big preseason might see him earn a call up.

Tass has been going about his business really, really well and I'm surprised he isn't getting more wraps because he looks like he could be a really, really good centre. A big preseason might see him earn a call up.
His defence looks a bit shit though

His defence looks a bit shit though
Magpies as a team defence is pretty questionable. They are like the broncos in that they have next to no line speed and always appear to be on the back foot and scrambling.

The tries against them by townsville (particularly those on mam's side) were simply because they did not move off their line quick enough or far enough and townsville could muscle their way over in the tackle.

Magpies as a team defence is pretty questionable. They are like the broncos in that they have next to no line speed and always appear to be on the back foot and scrambling.

The tries against them by townsville (particularly those on mam's side) were simply because they did not move off their line quick enough or far enough and townsville could muscle their way over in the tackle.

Mam and Tass cost three tries on Saturday. Souths defence has been questionable all year. They just out score teams.

Worst defence in the eight and I’m shocked that it hasn’t cost them. You can’t keep letting teams average 24 and you score 30.

Tass is a massive contribution to that, last week standing on the blindside and Cullen pulled his pants down and then Saturday no communication or thought given to stopping Townsville’s first try.

Mam got exploited twice just before half time not knowing how to defend his line. Two very soft nearly untouched tries just before half time is unforgivable.

The fact they score tries is all people notice.

Mam and Tass cost three tries on Saturday. Souths defence has been questionable all year. They just out score teams.

Worst defence in the eight and I’m shocked that it hasn’t cost them. You can’t keep letting teams average 24 and you score 30.

Tass is a massive contribution to that, last week standing on the blindside and Cullen pulled his pants down and then Saturday no communication or thought given to stopping Townsville’s first try.

Mam got exploited twice just before half time not knowing how to defend his line. Two very soft nearly untouched tries just before half time is unforgivable.

The fact they score tries is all people notice.
You do certainly come across as arrogant. Try some people only notice the tries they score.

Most of us on here see past the tries. I think what we notice is their natural brilliance and skill, obviously their defence needs working on, but that can be fixed. You can't teach natural footy talents.

You do certainly come across as arrogant. Try some people only notice the tries they score.

Most of us on here see past the tries. I think what we notice is their natural brilliance and skill, obviously their defence needs working on, but that can be fixed. You can't teach natural footy talents.

How is that arrogant? You don’t think people just look at the score sheet for ISC? Of course they do.

How is that arrogant? You don’t think people just look at the score sheet for ISC? Of course they do.
It certainly comes across as I know best and everyone doesn't know shit.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skathen
  • Ondi
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Galah
  • mieko
  • westy316
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky24
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.