Rebuilding the Broncos

With the shape our roster was in (speaking in terms of health, not fitness), I doubt any coach would have been able to guide it to the finals, at least not easily. That's partly on Hook, he should have been more proactive but also a large part comes down to bad luck. I don't think I need to remind anybody of the lists of injuries or problems with retention and recruitment.

We finished the year with Maranta at fullback, Glenn in the centres and a wing pairing of Stagg and Oates. That about sums it up.

We need talent in the halves and depth in the backs. I'm happy with the performance of our forwards this year. I can't remember too many games where our forwards were totally, completely dominated. Signing Kennedy can only boost that.

Our halves are in dire straits. If we don't secure Milford or unless there are some real gun halves that we are sitting on, I don't think we'll improve from this year, Barba or no Barba.

We need more depth in the backs. Injuries have been shocking this year so am just hoping some of these guys when they come back can stay on the park long term.

General fitness as well is an issue. We haven't put together an 80 minute performance since 2006. Our lack of fitness is a huge part of that.

Sack the CEO if he won't sack his mate who is the coach.
Sack the coach
Sack Andrew Gee
Sack Kearny
Drop Thaiday to Q-Cup, and strip the captaincy
Get better scouts
Buy better players
Stop paying overs for players just because they're either loyal, or mates with the club
Let the old boys back in to bring the culture that the Broncos are known for back

So start from scratch hey

I've been really pleased with the moves by the Broncos this year.

- Re-Signed Matt Gillet & Jack Reed
- Re-Signed Ben Hunt
- Re-Signed Ashley Taylor
- Let Corey Norman sign with Parramatta
- Signed Lama Tasi
- Told Peter Wallace he wasn't needed
- Told Scott Prince he wasn't needed
- Sacked Corey Norman to QCUP
- Re-Signed Jordan Kahu
- Re-Signed Jake Granville
- Signed Ben Barba
- Signed Martin Kennedy
- Sacked Football Manager and High Performance Chief
- Signed Brian Edwards (Development Role)
- Signed Alex Corvo (Strength and Conditioning Coach)
- Didn't extend Tasi's contract after a mediocre season

I honestly don't think I could fault any of those moves? Fair enough we had a shit season and there was some pretty ordinary performances by the team, but Gee / White / Griffin can't be faulted for their off-field decisions, only the way they allowed the team to play on the field.

I'll stick my neck out and say, as I have always said, that our 2013 roster, in the hands of a real coach, had and has the talent to make the finals ... easily.

Yeah sorry....I'm going to drive my car over your neck.

No way!

Do what John Ribot said and sign better players. I like some of the changes that are happening and the signings of Barba and Kennedy with the potential signing of Milford is making me feel better but changes to the whole game plan need to happen if the signing are going to pay off.

I think rnabokov is right. If we the coach could motivate the team to work on their fitness, if they worked more on their defence, drop Wallace earlier...we would be a top 8 side for sure.

I think rnabokov is right. If we the coach could motivate the team to work on their fitness, if they worked more on their defence, drop Wallace earlier...we would be a top 8 side for sure.

No way, I am not a fan of Hook but side was fortunate to win 10 games, were never a playoff chance and still aren't for next year either.

No...he said, with our current 2013 roster.

Maranta on the fucken wing....Reed in the centres .....Wallace at half

nahhhhh!

Do what John Ribot said and sign better players. I like some of the changes that are happening and the signings of Barba and Kennedy with the potential signing of Milford is making me feel better but changes to the whole game plan need to happen if the signing are going to pay off.

I'm guessing that when hook said where heading in a different direction he means a change in the way we play . So with barba , hunt and possibly milford we heading towards a more expansive style.

Martin Kennedy has been loosely connected to the ASADA investigation. Very loose indeed but something we don't need. ASADA can go and die in a hole.

I still think what we need is some leadership in the halves. Lockyer offered that for us. Sammy tries, but theres only so much a forward can do ( run at the line and also tackle hard). With locky in the halves, we had a leader who could dictate the attack, while also barking orders in defence. Im not saying a major halves signing would solve all our problems, but it would be a great starting point

Let's play a little game because it will be fun and I am still a child at heart. If someone can guess the right whether the following statements are true or false I will let them know and maybe even give a little bit of background information. You've got 50 mins and each person can only make one guess.

Broncos had plans for a successor to Darren Lockyer but the plans fell through.

Thaiday will be our long term captain.

Griffin has what it takes to be our coach if he can just some thing/s

The players are not happy with the way the club is signing new players and letting others go.

The conditioning coach was put blind-sided by his sacking.

The attitude of the players was not what it should have been through out the whole year.

Certain Broncos players and even management read this forums regularly.

Hmmm I think most of those could be true, in fact I wouldn't mind betting most of them are. Their attitude was obviously off, we have heard already some players are pissed about the new signings. For this actually quiz though I'm tossing up between 'they had a successor to locky but it fell through' and 'players and staff read this forum'

I'm gonna go with they had a locky successor

Active Now

• mrslong
  • RodF
  • thenry
  • vertigo
  • Battler
  • Dexter
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • mitch222
  • Ozired
  • Big Del
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ezpz
  • Dreaglor
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.