Replacing Darren Lockyer

The Brizz said:
6. Cronk
7. Hunt

That would be nice - but unfortunately not gunna happen - well not at the Broncos anyway [icon_frown

They're too alike for me, both lack the edge.

I think we need to recruit an established half so we don't go through a similar predicament the roosters went through when Fittler retired.

Wallace is, well Wallace he cannot be relied on to be leading the team around, he's solid at best but no match winner.
If Hunt or Norman are to be brought in then we need to punt Wallace and recruit an established half to bring either Hunt or Norman along. A combo of Wallace/ Hunt or Norman just doesnt cut it for me.

A halves combo of Hunt and Norman is just too inexperienced, Norman has minimal experience and Hunt has been playing out of position in the NRL. I havnt seen enough from either player to say they will be superstars and to throw them in the NRL without an established partner would just be suicide.

With the young and talented team we have if we don't recruit a quality half that talent could be wasted and the chance to win a premiership may be a long way off (after we win this year of course icon_thumbs_u )

I think there comes a point where we have to back our youth. Hunt should be given a fair crack at it IMO.

I think we are more likely to get something from Norman than from Hunt.

Either way one of those 2 will leave our club and we need to decide who.

do i remember someone saying that hoffman was pretty handy at 5/8??

draggx said:

Disagree, I reckon Hunt will develop into a quality player

Flutterby said:
The Brizz said:
6. Cronk
7. Hunt

That would be nice - but unfortunately not gunna happen - well not at the Broncos anyway

[icon_frown

So close, you got the wrong Cooper in there.

kluppy said:
do i remember someone saying that hoffman was pretty handy at 5/8??

right now Brisbane have heaps of players who can play in the halves, But we need someone who can stand out and change a game not just someone who is handy.

Hoffman,Beale would both be handy at 5/8.

Hunt/Norman could be game changers.

Frisby and Baptiste are other handy options. Baptiste is better at Hooker but Frisby could be a real talent.

draggx said:

Personally ATM I can't really split them. I am more of a Hunt fan, but that is because I have seen more of him play over the years and know what he can do. I would love to see the club take the very brave option and pair them up in the halves together and develop them as a long term combination, all the while being prepared to cop the losses that will come in the short term but for a long term gain. I don't for a second think that will happen, but if we did do it I can see them becoming a successful combo - kind of like a Langer/Walters combo (although a different style).

Gagai to 5/8th.
They didn't bulk him up to just play wing icon_thumbs_u

shadow said:
Darius will come along with WB.
I'm thinking if Tinkler gets control of the Knights that's where Wayne will go...

Big_Dave said:
Gagai to 5/8th.
They didn't bulk him up to just play wing icon_thumbs_u

No it was to replace hodges ;)

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • LittleDavey
  • Manofoneway
  • Astro
  • Waynesaurus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.