OFFICIAL Roster Tracker for 2022 and beyond

DIRECT YOUR COMPLAINTS AND CORRECTIONS TO @McHunt

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2022 AND BEYOND
Salaries are pure speculation based on media reporting.

PLAYER
Adam Reynolds
2022​
2023​
2024​
Albert Kelly
2022​
Billy Walters
2022​
Blake Mozer
2023​
2024​
2025​
Brendan Piakura
2022​
2023​
2024​
Brenko Lee
2022​
Corey Jensen
2022​
2023​
Corey Oates
2022​
Cory Paix
2022​
2023​
Deine Mariner
2023​
2024​
Deloise Hoeter
2022​
Ethan Quai-Ward
2022​
2023​
Ezra Mam
2022​
2023​
2024​
Herbie Farnworth
2022​
2023​
Jake Turpin
2022​
Jesse Arthars
Loan to Warriors​
2023​
Jordan Riki
2022​
2023​
2024​
Jordan Pereira
2022​
2023​
Keenan Palasia
2022​
2023​
Kobe Hetherington
2022​
2023​
Kotoni Staggs
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Kurt Capewell
2022​
2023​
2024​
Leivaha Pulu (train & trial)
T&T​
Logan Bayliss (development)
2022​
2023​
Patrick Carrigan
2022​
2023​
2024​
Payne Haas
2022​
2023​
2024​
Reece Walsh
2023​
2024​
2025​
Rhys Kennedy
2022​
Ryan James
2022​
Selwyn Cobbo
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
TC Robati
2022​
2023​
2024​
Te Maire Martin
2022​
Tesi Niu
2022​
2023​
Thomas Flegler
2022​
2023​
Tyrone Roberts
2022​
Tyson Gamble
2022​
Xavier Willison
2022​
2023​
2024​
2025​
Zac Hosking
T&T​

DEVELOPMENT

Logan Bayliss
Deine Mariner
Blake Mozer
Ethan Quai-Ward
Te Maire Martin
Xavier Willison

OFF CONTRACT 2023

Albert Kelly
Billy Walters (expect 2 year extension)
Corey Oates (expect 3 year extension)
Deloise Hoeter
Jake Turpin (won't be extended)
Ryan James (retiring)
Tyson Gamble (released to Knights)

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, James, Willison , Kennedy, Jensen, Palasia, Bayliss

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), James, Robati, Oates, Palasia, Hosking

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Hosking, Flegler, Leivaha Pulu (t&t), Robati, Palasia

Hooker
Turpin, Paix, Hetherington, Walters

Half
Reynolds, Gamble, Kelly, Mam, Staggs, Walters, Martin, Paix, Roberts, Turpin

Fullback
Niu, Farnworth, Cobbo, Martin, Walsh

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Niu, Cobbo, Lee, Capewell, Hoeter

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Niu, Farnworth, Pereira, Quai-Ward (t&t)

ETHNO MAP

QLD (17)

Billy Walters, Brenko Lee, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Delouise Hoeter, Ezra Mam, Jake Turpin, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Gamble

NZ (9)
Brendan Piakura, Delouise Hoeter, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Keenan Palasia, Leivaha Pulu, TC Robati, Te Maire Martin, Xavier Willison

NSW (8)
Adam Reynolds, Zac Hosking, Albert Kelly, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas, Ryan James, Rhys Kennedy, Tyrone Roberts

Indigenous (9)
Albert Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Ryan James, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrone Roberts

Tonga (5)
Brenko Lee, Delouise Hoeter, Leivaha Pulu, Kotoni Staggs, Tesi Niu

Samoa (3)
Keenan Palasia, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

2022 QCUP ALLOCATIONS

Souths Magpies

Ezra Mam
Kobe Hetherington
Tesi Niu
Cory Paix
Thomas Flegler
Albert Kelly
Blake Mozer
Brenko Lee
Corey Oates
Jordan Pereira
Adam Reynolds
Logan Bayliss
Ethan Quai-Ward

Norths Devils
Kurt Capewell
Herbie Farnworth
Tyson Gamble
Rhys Kennedy
Brendan Piakura
Jordan Riki
Kotoni Staggs
Ryan James
Xavier Willison

Wynnum Manly
Delouise Hoeter
TC Robati
Selwyn Cobbo
Pat Carrigan
Payne Haas
Corey Jensen
David Mead
Keenan Palasia
Jake Turpin
Billy Walters
Te Maire Martin
Deine Mariner

I dont think thats neccercarily true, but we aren't going to be looking at 750k plus players thats for sure. Its going to be players who have probably fallen out of favour at other clubs. The 2 obvious choices for me would be Drinkwater ( if we can convince him to come as a 1 ) or Klokstad from Canberra who i think will lose his spot to Savage when he is fit.

The other players i can think of are probably a bit of a wild card option. See if we can do some kind of deal to bring Walsh back, or a player i like is Hayze Perham at Parra. Then i guess we are going back into the territory with Perham of another young player who hasnt done a lot.

My real out there player and the one i would go for would be Will Pryce from Huddersfield. I think he is going to be a superstar and he has some serious skills. I'll do an @upthebroncs and give you a youtube clip so you can get a feel for the type of player he is.

Probably a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think this idea that Drinkwater would be a better fullback than Tesi is a myth, Drinkwater has a really good short kicking game but there's a lot more to playing fullback than that.

I dont think thats neccercarily true, but we aren't going to be looking at 750k plus players thats for sure. Its going to be players who have probably fallen out of favour at other clubs. The 2 obvious choices for me would be Drinkwater ( if we can convince him to come as a 1 ) or Klokstad from Canberra who i think will lose his spot to Savage when he is fit.

The other players i can think of are probably a bit of a wild card option. See if we can do some kind of deal to bring Walsh back, or a player i like is Hayze Perham at Parra. Then i guess we are going back into the territory with Perham of another young player who hasnt done a lot.

My real out there player and the one i would go for would be Will Pryce from Huddersfield. I think he is going to be a superstar and he has some serious skills. I'll do an @upthebroncs and give you a youtube clip so you can get a feel for the type of player he is.

Walsh would be the Ideal target for ball playing purposes and you'd always have to have your players like Oates and Herbie that have the high work rates that do the big runs out of trouble, could say Drinkwater is in the same boat aswell.
klokstad is a solid option if he becomes out of favour once Savage is good to go but I think if you put the time into Herbie or Cobbo at fullback you'd get the same or better results.
Will Pryce he looks a talent and still very young getting him away from England and keeping him from not getting homesick would be the biggest struggle and guys like Sam Tomkins have come over and had no impact previously. So it's a bit of a gamble.

Probably a bit of an unpopular opinion but I think this idea that Drinkwater would be a better fullback than Tesi is a myth, Drinkwater has a really good short kicking game but there's a lot more to playing fullback than that.
He's played tons of footy there and dont forget if he didnt pick up that peck injury he was Bellamys first choice to replace Slater so i doubt its a myth at all. They wouldnt have put time into a player that couldnt play the position. He would be streets ahead of Tesi.

Walsh would be the Ideal target for ball playing purposes and you'd always have to have your players like Oates and Herbie that have the high work rates that do the big runs out of trouble, could say Drinkwater is in the same boat aswell.
klokstad is a solid option if he becomes out of favour once Savage is good to go but I think if you put the time into Herbie or Cobbo at fullback you'd get the same or better results.
Will Pryce he looks a talent and still very young getting him away from England and keeping him from not getting homesick would be the biggest struggle and guys like Sam Tomkins have come over and had no impact previously. So it's a bit of a gamble.

I think a lot of the problems some of the English guys have had when they come over here is they have picked the wrong clubs. Hardaker, Tomkins and Watkins were really good players, but they probably didnt choose their teams wisely. Gildart could be another. He is a teriffic center, but he's ended up at the Tigers.

I think a lot of the problems some of the English guys have had when they come over here is they have picked the wrong clubs. Hardaker, Tomkins and Watkins were really good players, but they probably didnt choose their teams wisely. Gildart could be another. He is a teriffic center, but he's ended up at the Tigers.
Yeah that's very true, I think if you were going to get Pryce now would be the time while he's still young and still not fully developed. I'd imagine there would be tiny differences between the Nrl and super league that would make transitioning harder as you age.

Yeah that's very true, I think if you were going to get Pryce now would be the time while he's still young and still not fully developed. I'd imagine there would be tiny differences between the Nrl and super league that would make transitioning harder as you age.

Souths did similar with Sam Burgess. He was only 21 or 22 when he came over here.

Herbie Farnworth's management is ready to talk dollars after Saturday's match against the Warriors. Reports say ditching Isaako has freed up more than $100,000 in their cap:

Ben Ikin:

“It depends how much the other clubs will be prepared to bid for Herbie, but he’s a guy we want to keep. We have a number of good young players coming off-contract and ideally you want to keep all the players you feel are an important part of what you are trying to build. We understand there are market forces out there that impact on what you are trying to do. That’s what happens in an industry governed by the salary cap. Herbie is a very good NRL player. He is a terrific ball runner, every week and every season he continues to play, he keeps learning and growing. He is right at the start of his journey and he is showing us a lot of good stuff. I have no doubt there will be a whole host of clubs looking to have a crack at him.”​

McHunt

Might be unpopular and whilst I love Herbie, I think we should be going after Walsh.
Ideally we keep Herbie + sign Walsh for next year, keeping in mind Oates is off contract at the end of this year and Cobbo off contract next year.
We need a 1 pretty obviously and I think its becoming apparent Walsh doesn’t want to move to NZ. He’d look good in the spine so long as we aren’t paying him over 500k.
Hopefully we are talking to Walsh’s management now in the background. I think the Dolphins will go hard after Ponga and if they can’t land him, they’ll move to try and get Walsh.
Happy to release Niu to the Titans if need be.

Might be unpopular and whilst I love Herbie, I think we should be going after Walsh.
Ideally we keep Herbie + sign Walsh for next year, keeping in mind Oates is off contract at the end of this year and Cobbo off contract next year.
We need a 1 pretty obviously and I think its becoming apparent Walsh doesn’t want to move to NZ. He’d look good in the spine so long as we aren’t paying him over 500k.
Hopefully we are talking to Walsh’s management now in the background. I think the Dolphins will go hard after Ponga and if they can’t land him, they’ll move to try and get Walsh.
Happy to release Niu to the Titans if need be.
If anyone can manage to sign Walsh on $500k in the current player market they’ve pulled off an absolute steal.

I’m not saying that I think he’s worth more than that but the amounts of money being thrown at young players based on potential should mean he won’t get anything less than about $750k. Could easily see a desperate club offering a mil.

If anyone can manage to sign Walsh on $500k in the current player market they’ve pulled off an absolute steal.

I’m not saying that I think he’s worth more than that but the amounts of money being thrown at young players based on potential should mean he won’t get anything less than about $750k. Could easily see a desperate club offering a mil.
He wants to stay in QLD. It’ll be between Brisbane & the Dolphins.
If the Dolphins land Ponga, we should be able to land Walsh. I think he is a 500-600k player. He has the potential but he is still very green.

He wants to stay in QLD. It’ll be between Brisbane & the Dolphins.
If the Dolphins land Ponga, we should be able to land Walsh. I think he is a 500-600k player. He has the potential but he is still very green.
NSW is only an hour flight away. It’s not like living in NZ

Was it ever reported what Tesi’s current deal is worth?

Zero surprises here. Jesse was never going to play another game for the Broncos.

Warriors head-of-football Craig Hodges:

“We would love to keep Jesse here next year. The Broncos acted in good faith by releasing him and we wouldn’t do the wrong thing by Brisbane if they wanted Jesse back next season. Jesse is technically a Broncos player and they did the right thing by loaning him to us, but if they decided their outside-back stocks are full, we would love to talk to Jesse about staying on with us."​
“The Broncos had to do a full release and we signed him for season 2022, then they re-signed him for season 2023. Technically, you can’t loan a player for 12 months, so we had to cancel his Broncos deal and work out a new contract."​
“It’s only a 12-month arrangement at the moment, but Jesse was a great pick up for us. It was one of those rare deals in footy where everybody wins.”​
“Farnworth is in good form the Broncos so it’s always good fun when you play against your mates and you have a good one-on-one match up. Jesse will be looking for some bragging rights. We have been really happy with his contribution. He has been outstanding from the moment he arrived at the club. He has bought into everything we do culturally and footy wise and he has handed himself over completely to the group. It’s been a great life experience for him."​
“Jesse is very solid in most areas of the game. He is a solid carrier of the ball and he has good fitness, so he keeps himself in the game. Although I think he is solid in all areas, I still feel he has great improvement left in him. He just needs to believe in himself a bit more. It’s not an ability or work ethic issue for Jesse, it’s a belief thing. If he learns to back himself, the sky is the limit for him, Jesse can be a very good NRL centre.”​

McHunt

Hodgo wrote that like a school report. And he did work in a Gold Coast school (as a groundsman then as a student mentor) before making a transition to coaching as at the North Devils. When he took the Broncos 20’s job, he used to tell me that he was living his dreams and he couldn’t believe he was getting paid to do what he loved. He also has many funny stories to tell. Bloody good bloke.

NSW is only an hour flight away. It’s not like living in NZ
Stop reminding us. Your lot keep scuttling into my local airport. Bringing their ports full of togs, asking for schooners.

Walsh would be welcomed back by myself. Ive no issues with the club making moves on the margins to open space for young spine players whose best days are ahead of them.

Ponga to the Dolphins would probably make it a reality too.

And right a wrong thats bothered me since Walsh left...

Walsh would be welcomed back by myself. Ive no issues with the club making moves on the margins to open space for young spine players whose best days are ahead of them.

Ponga to the Dolphins would probably make it a reality too.

And right a wrong thats bothered me since Walsh left...

Apparently Ponga is going to stay at the Knights, though this is not official.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Robboi_321
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bongo
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Redux
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.