Round 1 2014

If by all reports Taylor is in the top 25 squad he is available for selection. Let's pop Taylor in at 7 and Hunt in at 6

It may just be the way people are numbering the players, but surely Hoffman stays on the left and Vidot or Yow Yeh play on the right?

Is there any reason why Kodi Nikorima isn't mentioned in these discussions given that he was awarded best back in u20s this year and plays five eighth?

Is there any reason why Kodi Nikorima isn't mentioned in these discussions given that he was awarded best back in u20s this year and plays five eighth?

Could well be used if Taylor is not ready and we do not get Milford otherwise i only see him taking Hunt's spot in the team if Taylor is used at Halfback.
I see him behind Taylor and Duncan P**** but they are both younger.
Nikorima certainly gets involved but looks more a running 5/8 as opposed to organiser. He could not make the halves when the other two played this year and was pushed to fullback.
If he were bigger he may make a good centre

Last edited:
I think we have a bright future in the halves, we seen to be spoilt for choice.

Bright future yes
Next year - a bit of a worry at this stage

Hasn't been a Courier-Mail article about him like Strasser and Taylor.

Maybe I am being hopeful but I kind of expect another signing. I would be very surprised if Hook is happy with his halves options for next season. Maybe Barba or Hoffman will be in the 6?? If so that is a pretty big load for Hunt to carry.

but if one of the 5 choices turns out to be an absolute gun we might have a chance at a premiership next year.

Hasn't been a Courier-Mail article about him like Strasser and Taylor.

This is the reason as a lot on here do not bother to attend 20s matches to get an idea of what talent we may have coming through.
I get as much enjoyment out of going to watch their matches as much as the A grade and would recommend to supporters to at least try to get to a game every so often.
I only missed one match this year and that was because i was away.

yeah is there any footage of taylor, nikorima or paia'aua?

yeah is there any footage of taylor, nikorima or paia'aua?

There's a highlights video of Nikorima that the Broncos tweeted the other day re: u20's award. It'll be on the website somewhere

they were just showing the tries he scored not his play making ability.

I do not think that nikorima will be five-eight next for the broncos from what I have read taylor is an absolute gun. He has a few people ahead of him.

The whole video is just him playing for himself Norman style. I'm not saying that's all he is capable of, just what the video shows us. But that's what I'm afraid of. Get him out of U20s into QLD Cup so he can work on his actual creative ball playing.

Yeah pretty much, I was more impressed of Cullen in that redcliffe game against Ipswich even if the opposition defense was absent, I reckon for the first two trials(assuming we have 3) we should just give all the young players in contention a run just to see what they have to offer, whoever impresses the most can get first chance at impressing alongside Hunt in the next trial, assuming we don't sign anyone else.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.