Round 1 2014

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
So Kahu is a first grade half and so are all the other blokes we have but Macca isn't based on what? Based on u20?? Guess what, only one of them has been a season long five-eighth who made the u20 GF and it's the one who apparently isn't a 5/8th.

I'm not advocating for Macca, I want us to use Strasser but just playing devil's advocate.
Macca wasn't a season long 5/8 in the 20s. He did make the GF but as hooker where he had played most of. The season

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Macca is too slow over one or two steps from dummy half, not to mention his slow decision making skills. I can't see how he is going to be anything but worse at 5/8.
Similar to Wallace I would have thought

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
To be fair macca has the second most experience in the halves (only including first grade) in our team

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
what about Jordan kahu at five-eight?

i don't believe he has any experience in the halves. He is extremely injury prone and now slow. Additionally ive never once seen him pass even when he was at centre. Why on earth do you think he would make a good half but not macca who apart from possibly strasser is our second most experienced half. He also has more nrl time in the halves than the other options (why don't you actually watch the footage of him at five eight). I personally would like to see Cullen and Duncan given a shot first. But Granville and baptiste are most likely better hookers than the others are halves. At this stage id like to see Hodges, macca, Cullen and paiauia trialled next to hunt.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Let's face it, we only have 1 genuine half with good 1st grade experience, and most of that was playing bench hooker.

As I suggested elsewhere, we either try to build a halves combination from scratch giving our juniors as much chance as possible, or put in a makeshift 5/8, IMO blowing 2014 while hoping for Milford in '15 and watching our juniors contemplate greenhouse pastures

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Good news on the Barba front, looks like he will be running again by December as his surgery went better then expected.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
I don't know how but the ankle surgery has added Barba's height. There is a photo in the daily telegraph of him in bronco gear towering over Corey Parker. As a result I now have him in the back row . Gillett to fullback.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
1382919938.jpg

Aforementioned photo. How do I make the photo appear instead of the link?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I don't know how but the ankle surgery has added Barba's height. There is a photo in the daily telegraph of him in bronco gear towering over Corey Parker. As a result I now have him in the back row . Gillett to fullback.

Looks like the surgery has given him the body of Justin Hodges! Hope his hammies will be OK.

Unread

Active Now

• something
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.