Round 1 - Bulldogs vrs Broncos; Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't think Copley should be relegated to the wing, he is to good for that. IMO he is the attacking weapon we have lacked on the left side for 1 or 2 years, he is a genuine line and tackle breaker.

I just don't think Copley should be relegated to the wing, he is to good for that. IMO he is the attacking weapon we have lacked on the left side for 1 or 2 years, he is a genuine line and tackle breaker.

The problem is, Broncos will never drop Reed.

Why would we drop Reed?? For Mills?? C'mon now.

The thing is, with Hodgo injured, both Copley (most likely) and Reed will be battling it out for the right to partner Hodgo in the centres when he returns. That competition can only be a good thing.

The thing is, with Hodgo injured, both Copley (most likely) and Reed will be battling it out for the right to partner Hodgo in the centres when he returns. That competition can only be a good thing.

Absolutely

Reed will win purely because Copley is a better than either winger.

Well at least it was amusing. :)

No maranta at the launch today hopefully that's a good sign

No maranta at the launch today hopefully that's a good sign

Can you categorically say there was no one at all there with a name of Maranta in any area other than the playing group?

A massive sigh of relief there.

Hope I'm not souring the celebration but can you post the article instead of the link so we don't have to reach that stupid news limit.

BRONCOS coach Anthony Griffin is poised to take one of the biggest gambles of his career by blooding an untested five-eighth for Brisbane’s premiership-opener against the Bulldogs.

Speaking at the club’s public season launch in Brisbane’s CBD today, co-captain Corey Parker said Griffin is likely to hand the decorated Broncos No.6 jumper to a “rookie” for next Friday night’s clash against Canterbury.
Big-name recruit Ben Barba has been touted as a possible five-eighth option, but Parker’s revelation suggests 19-year-old Kodi Nikorima is in the frame to partner Ben Hunt at the Broncos scrumbase.

The Courier-Mail understands Barba will be named at fullback for the Bulldogs clash, a scenario that leaves Nikorima and Josh Hoffman as frontline contenders for the second-receiver’s role.
Redcliffe rookie Zac Strasser was a left-field consideration but has almost certainly drifted out of contention after failing to impress in Brisbane’s pre-season trials.
The speedy Nikorima enhanced his claims with an impressive NRL Nines tournament, where he combined well with Hunt, and Parker suggested the Broncos are ready to place faith in a playmaking greenhorn.
“There’s quite a few people who can fit that mould (at five-eighth) and I guess a week is a long time in footy,” he said.

“Whoever gets the role I’m sure will do a good job, but it’s going to be a rookie and putting a rookie in at six, there’s guys in other positions who can help out.
“Guys like Ben Hunt, myself, Sam (Thaiday), Alex Glenn, Andrew McCullough and Matt Gillett can all contribute.
“It’s an exciting thing. When you have such skilful young players like we have it’s an exciting time and hopefully we can reap the rewards.”
Asked if Barba remained in contention for the five-eighth spot, Parker said: “I don’t pick the side, I’m only a part of it.

“Benny Barba’s name has been tossed up and I’m sure he can do a job, but you want someone who will best fit the dynamics of the side.”
Smarting from last season’s lowly finish, the Broncos have been widely written off as a title contender, particularly after last week’s 48-4 trial hammering in New Zealand.
But Parker said the Broncos are determined to make a statement - starting against the Bulldogs next Friday night.
“The pre-season is officially over now and it all starts now so we’re ready for round one,” he said.
“We have taken the Warriors loss on the chin, trials are there for a reason, to work on combinations and iron out a few kinks.
“But it’s round one now, everyone starts on an even keel and we are looking forward to getting down to Sydney.
“It’s a big year for the club, every individual is under pressure in any business and we’re no different.
“We didn’t have a good year by our standards and we’re doing our best to rectify where we are at.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Sproj
  • marw
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.