Round 1 Discussion

JT13 only played 51 minutes, McGuire played the other 29.

still a poor return.

besides, in those 29 minutes, McGuire took more runs and made for meters than Taumalolo

Yeah I really don't get the reasoning behind leaving him on the sideline so long. Payton doesn't want to burn him out, but his coaching career could burn out fairly fast if he doesn't change how he uses him.
I hope it does, there is something really unlikable about him.

ye wasn't sure because I remember a equally cringe interview with james roberts in his first game with us and after that he never seemed to got interviewed again its like Bennett put a instant stop to it
Yeah coaches can obviously make orders but it’s then up to the player and the media manager to carry it out (ie just say ‘no’ when they’re asked for a chat)

A few years ago when Jordan Rankin debuted for the Titans at 16 years old, John Cartwright implored the media manager at the time to not allow the media to get to him for an interview him at full time.. the poor bloke wasn’t quick enough to get in the way after the siren and Fox got their interview with Rankin.. the media manager copped a spray of intergalactic ferocity 😬

Last edited:
Payten did not impress yesterday at all, rough early days for him.

Payten did not impress yesterday at all, rough early days for him.
It would be nice, but NSWRL have helped them out with the next 5 games:
- Dragons (home)
- Titans (home)
- Sharks (away, Sunshine Coast)
- Tigers (away)
- Bulldogs (home)

Good lord how nice would it be to get a draw like that with a new coach to be able to work out the kinks

If they only manage say 2 wins from that then Payten will have serious question marks.

Last edited:
I saw Payten’s presser. I can see what he was trying to say but man it came across as an attack. I wonder how JT2 would feel about that. I think he’s built up a bit of good will and I get that Payten was trying to get his experienced and top players to lift but there are better ways to go about doing what he did. It felt a bit Seibold-like to come in and step on toes he hasn’t earned the right to step on yet.

Last edited:
I agree, it sounded like Payten came into the match with the pre-conceived notion that the Cowboys biggest strength is actually their biggest weakness.

Of all the issues the Cowboys need to address, Taumalolo would be towards the bottom of the pile. Does Payten have a point about the effort areas of his team? Absolutely but to take away one of your biggest strengths to prove a point just seems pig-headed, especially when it results in a performance like last night.

Did Curtis Scott get more ink during the off-season? I had to double-take for a second because I thought Duges had returned.

Unread

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • kman
  • Broncorob
  • Spike
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.