Round 1 Discussion

Storm look a bit slow to start this half.
Was just wondering if they're slowing down in this second half.

Possibly fatigue coming into it from the high energy they played with in the first half

This is where Melb will miss Smith. Need that leadership just to calm everyone down. All well and good when you're on the front foot, but backs against the wall is a different story.

Last edited:
Joey claiming that is a soft soft penalty...

tomorrow night when Moses is tackled after kicking (because the little bitch always jumps in the air when he kicks)... that's just a cheap shot, the kickers have to be protected, someone's going to get seriously injured

Melbourne blew their wad in the first half it seems.
Makes me feel less worried about playing them this year.

B Smith off the field. They'll definitely feel it not having an 80 minute hooker.

Melbourne are njow seeing the difference Smith made. Something he got off locky. Composure, calmness, consistency throughout the game. Mark my words, storm will not be the team they have been. Sure they'll have moments of insanely precise execution and structure thanks to bellamys authoritarian style, but Smith was his opposite and it helped them on the field.
Smith retiring last will also not help them I think. If Smith retired but Slater or cronks were around they'd have a little drop and realise the system would need tweaking, but they will get lulled into a false sense of security "every One said itd happen when slater/cronks left but it didnt". But Smith is a far bigger loss. They will keep up the top this year, but their aura will fade, just like ours did. You can't replace immortals and when expectations are high rash decisions are made to try to keep up with them. Just ask Broncos 2012-2020

Also, Gagai is available next season right? I'd happily sign him up, he has become really consistent.

souths doing their best to throw the game.

Both teams look so clunky now.

That was dangerously high, ref says play on.

Olom going to turn up in a shallow grave in Bellamy's garden in a week.

edit: thats no knock on.

Last edited:

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • ezpz
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.