Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Get the raging fool sign out for next week

Epic game from Sims and Blair!

What do you say about Ben Hunt though? I mean I was terrified every time he had the ball. WTF all game long?... Good thing is he can't play much worse than that.

Good start from the boys.

Sharks really did miss Ennis out there IMO.

I thought Brailey did well, but to me they just didn't have that control in the ruck that Ennis provided. A few times there when they got a roll on, they would come up with a dumb option and take pressure off us and allow us time to set our line. Their power game wasn't as effective.

I think if he was still playing, they win.

First game of the season and we won. That's all you can ask for.

No need to worry too much about anything for a few weeks yet.
Against the benchmark team at their home ground. That's all I would add.

Did anyone notice if macca had a break or did he play the full 80?

Moga was impressive in attack, but unimpressive in defence.
Really happy with both of our wingers. Wingers are def a more important position than the centres these days.
Happy with Sims.
Hunt and Milford were mostly disappointing, minus one or two good moments each.
Thaiday had a couple of nice touches, Gillett was great. McGuire was pretty good. McCullough was awful in attack.

Pangai was good, but not impressed with the other benchies. Haven't seen anything special from Ese'ese or Arrow at all in the first grade careers so far. They don't add anything. At least Ofa had a few nice performances before.

His passing was terrible and his 5th tackle options were really bad too.

His pass to set Milford up in a bit of space for his try was pretty good. While he wasn't consistently excellent, I don't think he deserves the savage criticism he is getting in an important win against one of the benchmark sides in this competition.

I'll reserve judgement for a few weeks yet before I think of writing him off like many are doing already.

Jesus Christ this place was negative tonight. Might have to skip the live game threads for the rest of the year. It won't even matter how he's playing, it's just going to be Hunt bashing all year. How about those two repeat sets though, right? Our forwards were huuuuuge tonight, Kahu can kick, our backs did well, Milford can not tackle and I don't think he was better than Hunt. They were both average.

The Sharks had four dropped balls after being tackled, in the play the ball or when their hooker picked it up that weren't called. I also don't think Maloney can make a tackle below the neck. Had a few high tackles.

This game was always going to be messy. Round 1 and 2 always tend to be for every team.

I think this a significant win to build belief in the youngsters. Everyone talks about the sharks losing Ennis And Barba. Both had only been at the club for 20 minutes . We lost a one club stalwart and rugby league legend , and over came. Not to mention Jack Reed and Jared Wallace.

I'm pretty happy with that..
Forwards were good, Thaiday had a cracking game.
Not many errors for a scrappy first game.
Attack was pretty rusty which is to be expected but some good signs with Roberts and Gillett having a good night down the right side.
Moga has me excited. A few games under his belt and some confidence in the combinations he could be a real asset.
Cows at home next week, boys will be fired up after blowing some cobwebs away tonight, giddy up!!!

This just occurred to me btw. Where is Dodds? He came back home to play reserve grade or is he injured?

Great to see our forwards dominate a strong forward pack. Our biggest concern coming into the year was the go forward and the lack of a strong prop and sims has fixed both since joining. He was strong during the trials and awesome tonight. TPJ was strong in his short stint and I think arrow went well too with what seemed to be a little longer stint than last year

There was only one period where Sharks were on top in the forwards and we conceded the two tries but it was good to see we didn't drop our bundle and got back into following the huge hit up from sammy

Definitely no doom and gloom from me

Moga was impressive in attack, but unimpressive in defence.
Really happy with both of our wingers. Wingers are def a more important position than the centres these days.
Happy with Sims.
Hunt and Milford were mostly disappointing, minus one or two good moments each.
Thaiday had a couple of nice touches, Gillett was great. McGuire was pretty good. McCullough was awful in attack.

Pangai was good, but not impressed with the other benchies. Haven't seen anything special from Ese'ese or Arrow at all in the first grade careers so far. They don't add anything. At least Ofa had a few nice performances before.

im not sure you watched the same game, ese'ese i thiught was very good tonight and played more minutes than pangai. also with pangai there is no doubting his ball carry but he is lazy in defense. he has a lot of work to do.
arrow plugged a hole late in the game but did anyone see how big his legs were??? thats a major concern as he will get slow real quickly..

Commentators on both coverages made comments on how tired the Broncos looked...?? I don't think so, Sharks at times were pretty bunched up but I thought our boys looked fitter than I've seen them in a long time in round 1. We used up a few interchanges early but looking at our bench, it had some legs( minus Glenn) I had zero fears of running out of puff tonight.

Very good win with a lot of positives to take out of it. I was skeptical about tonight but boy we did a good job and deserved to come away with the 2 points. Defeating the defending premiers away from home, there is no better way to start the season.

- Korbin Sims had a great first game, hitting the line hard and running the ball with vigor

- TPG was good coming of the bench with some strong runs

- Kahu kicked superbly, already an improvement on Parker

- Boyd had a good start as captain, seemed eager to egg the troops on

- Moga was solid, hopefully he can kick on

- Roberts wasn't fazed by all the off field drama in the pre season and put in a good performance

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Morkel
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • whykickamoocow
  • maddo
  • Pablo
  • Xzei
  • Fatboy
  • Horseheadsup
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.