Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

It's round one. We just beat the premiers at their home ground, overall we looked good and our new recruits all played well and easily justified their selection.

We should focus on those positives and look forward with a bit of optimism I think...

I think this a significant win to build belief in the youngsters. Everyone talks about the sharks losing Ennis And Barba. Both had only been at the club for 20 minutes . We lost a one club stalwart and rugby league legend , and over came. Not to mention Jack Reed and Jared Wallace.

They might've only been there for a short time but they were instrumental in their success last year, Ennis especially. They were also in the spine and losing your fullback and hooker makes things challenging. It doesn't really compare to us losing Reed and Wallace who can be replaced quickly.

But you are right about Parker and how significant this is for building up confidence in the team and the youngsters. Hope we can go in and build even more.

I am sick of Wayne lost his aura from press. Matty johns is cry that what Wayne did with dragon and knight when he left. Gordon Tallis could he move on in your life. Broncos season dinner why did he came, if you don't respect Broncos and coach.

Watching the replay, as rough as they were they contained the Sharks well and never really looked like losing.
Hunt and Macca were pretty average but to me just look rusty. A lot of good signs.

I am sick of Wayne lost his aura from press. Matty johns is cry that what Wayne did with dragon and knight when he left. Gordon Tallis could he move on in your life. Broncos season dinner why did he came, if you don't respect Broncos and coach.
Tinkler fucked the Knights, everyone seems to forget that minor detail.

Haven't seen anything special from Ese'ese or Arrow at all in the first grade careers so far. They don't add anything. At least Ofa had a few nice performances before.

Arrow had more offloads than Parker did all year (Ones that aren't passed to the opposition I mean). He ran solidly and handled defense well from what I saw. (Tackling big units in Cronulla's front row no less).

Arrow played well. I think he played last 25 minutes. The way he wrestle and some good off load. Some of young boys have to learn from Adam Blair how to put pressure on kicker. All the young boys lack that area big time.

To be fair with Hunt his service on the last from Macca was terrible in their 20. With hunt having to catch balls above his head it takes precious seconds away from decision-making. Often leading to rushed kicks or sloppy passing that causes our guys to look flat. It was a huge issue in England and was about 20% better tonight. Macca has to get use to passing right more the a metre.

Bennett has a job to do so Tallis would be the last thing on his mind.

Success is the best revenge mate. Shuts up most detractors..

Looks like Macca is in for a big year on BHQ as the new scapegoat. Exciting stuff.

I'm not writing Hunt off. Tonight he was average, some good, some bad. He does seem to take an age to get away an ordinary kick and his long kicks just seem to be directionless. I would much rather see a torpedo kick towards the corners just like Wally used to do with consumate ease. Hunts appear to be plain and simple catching practice kicks. Not hating on him here, just commenting on tonights kicks. There was no lack of effort from anyone. Gillett was excellent and Sammy+ Blair runs were fabulous and not just one offs.

Not forgetting a couple of great club debuts. I expected Sims to be good and he was but Moga was a total mystery to me but I came away pleased with a very solid performance from him. Roberts was committed and there was a lot to like about him and Kahu. Boyd was his normal professional self,a high standard is the norm with him.

Liked all the bench players and totally excuse Glenn

Overall an 8 for the team which is adjusted due to first game of the season rustiness. It would have been a 7 in a normal mid season game.

Well done Broncos.

Can't say I'm surprised at the Hunt hate. I shouldn't be.. but i thought he was showing some good signs tonight. Looks like he is starting to get it at least. Especially his defence! Huge improvement! His kicks looked like they had a bit more variety and while their execution weren't the best, they're getting there! Milford also needa to kick more on 5th. He came up with two good 5th tackle kicks.. one for a try one for a dropout.

Good game. Huge effort from the new recruits and forward pack overall. Should stay 1-17 next week on those efforts

A win is a win I suppose, despite Hunt and McCullough's best efforts to throw the game in the last 5 min.

Is Hunt that devoid of all footballing skill that he can't even feed the scrum properly? A.Mc would have to be one of the dumbest footballers to ever pull on a Brisbane jumper.

Liked the bench players games.....all of them.

Liked Moga.

Liked Sam's game.

Milford shows again that when he clicks, he will win you a game. Still warming up IMO.

Totally looking forward to the Cows coming to town.

A win is a win I suppose, despite Hunt and McCullough's best efforts to throw the game in the last 5 min.

Is Hunt that devoid of all footballing skill that he can't even feed the scrum properly? A.Mc would have to be one of the dumbest footballers to ever pull on a Brisbane jumper.

Liked the bench players games.....all of them.

Liked Moga.

Liked Sam's game.

Milford shows again that when he clicks, he will win you a game. Still warming up IMO.
Way over the top harsh comments!

First game of the year mate. Give them a go. Was a very physical game.. no one is at the best mentally when fatigued.

They'll get there

Hunt tries hard, you can defiantly see that. When he knocked the ball on in the play the ball, you could see he just wanted to push hard and inspire his team when our players where looking tired and literally just walking to get back on side. I certainly don't doubt his fitness.

I felt for Hunt tonight. You can see that his form is upsetting him.

Big game for him next week. Will be interesting.

Does anyone know what happened to Fox Sports supposed 10m virtual line?

That's only going to be on Fox exclusive games, they use the 9 camera feed for Thursday, Friday & Sunday games. Looks like it'll be Super Saturday exclusive.

For a dummy half Macca cannot pass the ball well at all. Has he always been this bad, I've never noticed it before. Big rainbow lollipop passes just halt any attack we have. So from that point it's not Hunt's fault as he's pressured more than he should be.
Think if Sharks had Holmes we lose but who cares, you can only best who's in front of you on the day and we did that.
Is it just me or do others just want Kahu to stay on the wing and not play centre?
He's an awesome winger but really don't like him at centre. If anything I would look at Oates for forwards and bring Mead onto wing down the line when Oates is ready

Active Now

• lynx000
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • armchair
  • teampjta
  • cento
  • TimWhatley
  • Fitzy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Galah
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.