Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Arey is playing his best football ever simply because we are giving him the space and time too. He didnt have a forward pack like this at Souths. I actually think he has less of a workload on field than he ever has before. Its amazing to watch the detail and strategy of his game - he's a very intelligent footballer. At this stage of his career id say up there with Smith, Cronk, Thurston, Langer and Walters.

This game has cemented four things.
1. Bye bye Tesi
2. Cya Turpin
3. We shouldn’t pay a prop more money than a key spine player. Ever. That’s you Haas.
4. Anyone wanting to leave this club for overs can pies off.
For once I can guarantee every single person (bar maybe dearden) who has left the broncos is looking on enviously of what these boys are achieving. "But Coates plays for the storm"... so what, they win all the time, every year. I wouldn't trade him for cobbo if storm gave us an extra $500,000, seriously. His wing defence is the best in the league and everyone going on about coates' improving should watch a game, he still rushes up, it's just the storm have great cover defence. He will get found out in origin again.

But back to the broncos boys. IMAGINE how good they are feeling. They didn't jump ship when it got hard. They have stuck out the crap and they deserve every bit of reward coming their way. Being a part of the biggest club in the nrl with 40,000 fans at your home games and a whole city behind you and YOU were part of the team that is bringing it alive again. At least Coates and dearden are winning, imagine what Walsh, bullemore (was he playing last night?) and fifita are feeling watching on...

I hope the players get addicted to this feeling and despise losing so this effort and attitude gets ingrained in them ...

Anyone see the press conference?

Kevvie takes the chair that Des was sitting in for Manly's press conference and puts it to the side and grabs another seat.

A reporter made a comment that was Dessie's chair and Kevvie goes, "Yeah I don't want that one".

I feel like that there’s not enough praise for Gamble. While he can’t kick and isn’t the most flashiest 6 out there, he does offer something missing in this side - Aggro. He gets under the skin of those he tackles and just pisses off opposition players is great.

It may not be physical but psychologically getting into their heads does affect the way players react to the game. If players are trying to get at him, it lets the rest of the team work their magic.
Also helps that he is one of the biggest 6’s out there meaning he’s a pain to tackle and has been great for us defensively.

I feel like that there’s not enough praise for Gamble. While he can’t kick and isn’t the most flashiest 6 out there, he does offer something missing in this side - Aggro. He gets under the skin of those he tackles and just pisses off opposition players is great.

It may not be physical but psychologically getting into their heads does affect the way players react to the game. If players are trying to get at him, it lets the rest of the team work their magic.
Also helps that he is one of the biggest 6’s out there meaning he’s a pain to tackle and has been great for us defensively.
He certainly adds to the team. I think right now we have the perfect balance, and he is a part of that. The agro, niggle and competitiveness he brings is outstanding

It would take a huge form reversal from both sides for this game to be anything but a slaughter.

It wouldn't be the first time the Broncos have gone down to Newcastle after a big win and put in a stinker.

Our record there isn't that great. Newcastle love ambushing us down there. They have a knack of lifting for it.

Anyone see the press conference?

Kevvie takes the chair that Des was sitting in for Manly's press conference and puts it to the side and grabs another seat.

A reporter made a comment that was Dessie's chair and Kevvie goes, "Yeah I don't want that one".

What's that all about?

It wouldn't be the first time the Broncos have gone down to Newcastle after a big win and put in a stinker.

Our record there isn't that great. Newcastle love ambushing us down there. They have a knack of lifting for it.
I just can't see it.

Arey is playing his best football ever simply because we are giving him the space and time too. He didnt have a forward pack like this at Souths. I actually think he has less of a workload on field than he ever has before. Its amazing to watch the detail and strategy of his game - he's a very intelligent footballer. At this stage of his career id say up there with Smith, Cronk, Thurston, Langer and Walters.

So still a step behind Locky? 😉

Clinical display mostly. So many green shoots starting to come through.

The best:
  • The team has patience and composure.
  • Our forward pack is resilient and brutal. We beat them into submission.
  • There are lots of small moments of commitment, something successful squads have in bucket loads.
  • We are playing smart football.
  • Arey directs and conducts - and the team is trusting him, and he is trusting the team.
  • Kev has got the balance of the squad close to as good as can be. No egos on field. A toiler hard work attitude exists.
  • Our centre/wing combos have meshed so well, can actually dangerous.

I am hoping that Herbie buys in and doesn't jump ship, because he is valuable. I think Oates will do this.
Niu and Turpin cant come back into this squad atm, it would piss the team off and upset the balance.

I loved a little moment when Oatesy and Herbie were walking back after Oatesy scored his first try. Herbie congratulated Corey when he got up, but as they walked back Corey shouted Herbie twice to get his attention. When Herbie turned around Corey just said "Thanks man".

It was only a small thing, but you could see the obvious gratitude and respect shining through.

Locky never had that. He was great in different ways IMO.
The fact he was undoubtedly the best in 2 (until he revolutionised it) totally different positions and was an immensely successful captain tells us he has a bit of footy smarts in itself.... but even Smith and Thurston credit lockyer with teaching them alot about game management...

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lurker
  • Astro
  • lynx000
  • mrtij
  • kman
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Manifesto
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.