Round 10 - Panthers vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Bucking Beads said:
[quote="Big Pete":2jjppsff]Well if Locky misses the Manly game I'd expect to see us look like...

1. Hoffman
6. Norman
7. Wallace
9. McCullough
14. Baptiste/Beale

Beale will be in the centres or wing I hope.[/quote:2jjppsff]

I'd prefer it too.

But I couldn't discount having Te'o cover the centres either.

Bucking Beads said:
Pigskin said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":1afm9oz8]I think Macca needs more time, He defends well remember and that is really his only job.

just plain ... NO

Oink !

[icon_wink[/quote:1afm9oz8] [icon_lol1.

Reality check, Dragons and Storm had shock upsets like this.

Cant lose next week [icon_lol1.

Jeba said:
Ghibli said:
A doctor needs to write 17 scripts for 'The Pill', because there was 17 pussies out there tonight; we don't want any unnecessary pregnancies in this team

Not sure if you are taking the piss or not but that's bullshit. There was effort out there tonight, just really really poor execution.
A little from column A, a little from column B. Couple examples like Yow Yeh, Wallace, Kenny, McCullough, Beale (when the coach put him in hooker) and Dodds.

Griffins honeymoon is well and truly over. I am looking forward to how he responds particularly in attack. We can't get away with so much dummy half running.

A game like this was bound to happen at some time but I thought some heads dropped a little too soon, demonstrated with the Tighe try, if Locky can get back there then so can the five blokes who dropped off the chase.

bit disappointed in the amount of people writing us off here because of this.

it was a horror game. attitude wise. a couple of poor selections. out of position changes during game. but mostly our attitude, i think.

also - the panthers DID play really well. it was only a matter of time until they put a game together. unfortunately it was tonight. petero was outstanding in the first 40.

i WOULD like to see some changes yes. but it aint all doom n gloom. as a few others have said we just need to turn up. HOPEFULLY this is a wake up call. hopefully some good steps forward are made leading into the next game.

regarding that 'bad feeling', well, ive had that every game. because 09/10 is still in my mind. we've done well early this season, but its not behind us yet. just gotta keep puttin in.

maybe i've had a few too many rums but it seemed that way in the live game chat thread. apologies if its not the case.

McCullough has absolutely nothing in attack. His vision is terrible, he adds no spark and is just nothing special. I thought at the end of last yr he would end up being a really good player as he was in good form. But this yr he has been average at best!

Sucks so bad about Hodges, hope he is not out too long.

No need to panic though, we just looked flat and it was probably good for us to give us a wake up call.

noisetheory said:
maybe i've had a few too many rums but it seemed that way in the live game chat thread. apologies if its not the case.

Nah, the live chat thread's always get brutal.

It's what happens when people just speak without thinking, admittedly even been overly critical.

What the hell happend tonight?
I know every team has one of 'those' games, but good god, 33-10, no tries in the 2nd half?
Fair dinkum, that's terrible!

If we lose Lockyer - we're gone.

Diabolical performance.

Really disappointed in our forwards.

Our attack looks as disjointed as ever. I reckon that was the worst it's been all season. It looked like there was no plan when we had possession.

Hopefully it's just a one off.

Crazy Sam said:
I can't STAND sterlo commentating our games. IMO he is always down when we are winning, and excited when we are losing.

Sterlo can get a bit one sided against teams, with origin just around the corner i liked his little cheapshot at Lockyer when he was in a bit of pain holding his shoulder and he was saying "if I were the Panthers Id run right at him" [icon_lol1.

Didnt see all of the game but from what I saw...mud..Macca needs time in Q cup or something, crap decision maker and a bit of a crowbar, Wallace and Norman wayyyy to casual like on field...Norman is like Krisnan Inu casual, altho Inu can back himself most of the time..Norman is all for show...

Without reading too much into it, we were as crap as could be and they were as good could be. Still dissapointing, and gutted to see hodges injured again. Penrith just seemed to be more enthusiastic than we were, we didn't have the fire in the belly like they did. Really hope tonight is not the start of a downwards spiral. Hopefully the week off will do us well.

It's Friday the 13th... [icon_non

Only one team turned up tonight. Credit to the Panthers, who wanted it more, played better and got the goods. Part of it probably due to the Gus effect and the 6 weeks he gave to a fair few people there...

Refs shit for both sides really, although I'd like to understand the Parker sin binning. [icon_shru

Broncos... Where to start?
Probably by the 3 players who didn't disappoint: Parker, Hala and Copley.
The rest ran onto the park thinking that we would wrap this up easily, especially the forwards who suddenly forgot how to tackle and wrap the ball in the ruck. Even Locky was ordinary.
Hodges, who was the only one who looked likely of creating something out of that marasmus, went down... and I really just hope he'll recover quick. He walked out of the field, which means the hammy tear won't be the worst, buth then again this is Hodgo... [icon_confu

The hooker rabble is starting to get on my nerves, especially when we have the chair dance with Macca, Beale and Norman. Like someone said, Norman should only be selected to play in the halves, where he showed again some value.
Beale's position is fullback, his defense is weak at best in the ruck (Gordon ran through him and Jenny for his try) and not much better at centre. Here's hoping he'll do better on the wing!

Hopefully with the bye, Griffin will have time to get the train back on the tracks, especially if Te'o and Hoffman are back.

Anyway, it's much too soon to jump to conclusions. Let's not forget the Storm got flogged in Towsville, and the Dragons got their arses handed to them by Cronulla, these games just happen...

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.