PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Hopefully Bird playing on the side he wants to play on will bring the best out of him. Starting to run out of excuses for him now really. Surely he has to step up.

Hopefully Bird playing on the side he wants to play on will bring the best out of him. Starting to run out of excuses for him now really. Surely he has to step up.
It's win win really because we should see Roberts getting more ball, I can't wait to see how it goes.

I don't know why the centre switch wasn't tried before now. It seems pretty logical that you would want Roberts getting the ball outside Milford and having him inside a winger like Oates who can bust a tackle or three is a huge threat. That side should be our dominant attacking edge provided Milford gives the ball early and doesn't slide across into Roberts' space.

If I was giving instructions to Bird I would just say "move the ball as quickly on to Isaako as possible". In time and space Isaako can create opportunities for those around him and at worst take a solid hit up. Ideally he will poke his nose through a gap and Niko will be backing up on the inside.

I don't know why the centre switch wasn't tried before now. It seems pretty logical that you would want Roberts getting the ball outside Milford and having him inside a winger like Oates who can bust a tackle or three is a huge threat. That side should be our dominant attacking edge provided Milford gives the ball early and doesn't slide across into Roberts' space.

If I was giving instructions to Bird I would just say "move the ball as quickly on to Isaako as possible". In time and space Isaako can create opportunities for those around him and at worst take a solid hit up. Ideally he will poke his nose through a gap and Niko will be backing up on the inside.
I'm most excited to see what Milford can do with this change... if our forwards get some decent go forward imagine the space for Milford with the defence shitting themselves and focusing on Roberts (and Oates) too much. This may also open it up for Boyd too with his left sided pass selections, defences won't want to mark up wrong with Roberts-milf-Oates all being able to capatalise, and Boyd always picking the right option...

I hope people aren't expecting instant success.

Moving from the right to the left can be a bigger transition than what people realize. It's going to take some time for Roberts to adjust. He is used to making a certain step and a certain fend and running a certain line that won't be as effective on the left.

Hodgo was always more effective on the right than what he was on the left. In one game there, the opposition coach instructed his team to keep kicking to the left side of the field. Make Hodgo work it out of the left corner.

It took him out of the game completely. He struggled all night.

Bird shouldn't really need instructions at right center it's where he's played his most footy.

He should be giving instructions to Kodi about when and where he likes the ball and falling into the defensive combinations with the right edge.

I for one hope it works out just to get some god damn consistency in the lineups!!!

Hearing Robert's isnt particularly happy about playing on the left.

If he loves the right side, why wouldn't he be? Gets moved for an overrated, overpriced recruit who plays the same position despite wanting to play elsewhere.
The biggest thing is that Jimmy has earned his spot and made it his own, only to be told to make way for the new team flog

Anyone know if the state of the turf on Suncorp has improved since last week? Hopefully there's still a field left by the time we get out there.

Our players have really shitty attitudes. I'm tired of them whinging

Our players have really shitty attitudes. I'm tired of them whinging

I haven’t read any whinging or complaining really, it’s been made to look that way by the press. Our players have been backing themselves and players have been supporting one another. Our team isn’t on the brink of collapsing it’s on the verge of success.

Some of them do, but probably no differe t yo most workplaces
Well it's not supposed to happen at the Broncos. To have Oates, Roberts and Bird having a sook because they don't get to play their favoured position because of what's best for the team just screams entitlement. Bird is a centre at this point in his career, no more, no less. Oates is probably the best winger in the game at the moment, nobody would move him from there. And Roberts needs to be on the side where he will actually get the ball, instead of just bludging in the centres and not demanding the ball like Hodges used to. We've got three Josh Hoffmans in 2018

I haven’t read any whinging or complaining really, it’s been made to look that way by the press. Our players have been backing themselves and players have been supporting one another. Our team isn’t on the brink of collapsing it’s on the verge of success.
I hope this is the case because I am sick of hearing these blokes are upset with being put in a position that will benefit our depleted team

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • Skathen
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.