PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I know you shouldn’t generally change a winning formula but for mine we Must find a bloke who can play halfback and persist with it. After watching the north’s game Saturday I think Murphy, while he’s not a superstar can fill the roll of organising and take some pressure off Milford. He looked very comfortable touching the ball 3 and 4 times a set and bossing the forwards around.

I’d like to see bird sent to the bench and he can rotate with Pangai at lock until he gets some confidence and finds some form. That only leaves us with 2 genuine forwards on the bench but I’m confident the likes of offa, lodge and tpj can play big minutes in the middle. I just don’t think we can continue through the season swapping between makeshift halfbacks midway through the game. Leave Kodi to come into hooker and attack the tired big man late in the game.

I know you shouldn’t generally change a winning formula but for mine we Must find a bloke who can play halfback and persist with it. After watching the north’s game Saturday I think Murphy, while he’s not a superstar can fill the roll of organising and take some pressure off Milford. He looked very comfortable touching the ball 3 and 4 times a set and bossing the forwards around.

I’d like to see bird sent to the bench and he can rotate with Pangai at lock until he gets some confidence and finds some form. That only leaves us with 2 genuine forwards on the bench but I’m confident the likes of offa, lodge and tpj can play big minutes in the middle. I just don’t think we can continue through the season swapping between makeshift halfbacks midway through the game. Leave Kodi to come into hooker and attack the tired big man late in the game.

I agree why not try Murphy for a month. Play Bird at lock/hooker and send Kodi back to QCup to play halfback so he can learn the skills especially if no real halves on the horizon.

Another option is to send Bird back to QCup. I know he’s a big name, had a mind f*** of positional switches and ego will be bruised but think it’s time for a clear message to all broncos. You play hard and get fit or we’ll find someone else for the jersey who wants to be here. Bonus for Bird is if he needs help do it out of spotlight a bit. Rather a young guy trying his heart out then a big name taking the piss. I think it’s worth risking a bit of short term pain to set the standard for the next 5 years.

I would have thought Mago ahead at this stage

I can't warm to him at all. Twice yesterday the Drinkwater try and the Walters try he was doing nothing. The Drinkwater miss was terrible.

He breaks tackles but he misses a lot too- five yesterday. When Easts came back they they came back through his laziness.

Criminal that he gets 50 minutes while Flegler gets 20.

Dont disagree about the minutes and where carrigan is at right now he is 2 years older as well. I have always been a carrigan fan.
The thing with carrigan is i am not sure he is a long term edge option. More suited to the middle as his footwork isnt anywhere near as sharp as the other backrow options there now or coming through.

Don't think it matters long term that just sorts itself out. He is just ripping in at the moment and it's great. The thing I love about Carrigan is his hit ups metres are always very close to his run metres- no easy runs.

I don't think we'll see any changes apart from replacing injured players.

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tom Opacic/Jack Bird
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Anthony Milford
7. Jack Bird/Kodi Nikorima
8. Matt Lodge
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Sam Thaiday
11. Alex Glenn
12. Jaydn Su'A
13. Tevita Pangai Junior

14. Sam Tagataese
15. Joe Ofahengaue
16. Kodi Nikorima/Tom Opacic
17. Korbin Sims

That's very likely going to be the 17 named.

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we could put plenty of points on anybody

I know it's not news, but the boys really don't seem to have any trouble getting to the 20m line, but when they get there they seem devoid of ideas

At least for the time being, it seems points will be at a premium for Broncos, so defense is even more important

I disagree about us not having any ideas when in the attacking zone. Not from our key men anyway and not in the past few weeks.

The problem isn't we don't know what to do, the problem is we keep making stupid errors. Oates bombed 3 tries against the Bulldogs, tries that should have been quite simple for a winger of his calibre but he stuffed each one up.

Boyd set up his outside men on the left edge a couple of times, but the outside men blew their opportunity.

Our stats in the attacking 20 don't show the whole picture. We are lacking a little bit of polish. We know what to do, but execution is letting us down due to errors.

I disagree about us not having any ideas when in the attacking zone. Not from our key men anyway and not in the past few weeks.

The problem isn't we don't know what to do, the problem is we keep making stupid errors. Oates bombed 3 tries against the Bulldogs, tries that should have been quite simple for a winger of his calibre but he stuffed each one up.

Boyd set up his outside men on the left edge a couple of times, but the outside men blew their opportunity.

Our stats in the attacking 20 don't show the whole picture. We are lacking a little bit of polish. We know what to do, but execution is letting us down due to errors.

Fair enough point SF, errors have been costly

Perhaps no ideas was too strong.... perhaps I could say not enough ideas? Not enough variety?

Fair enough point SF, errors have been costly

Perhaps no ideas was too strong.... perhaps I could say not enough ideas? Not enough variety?

I think we could definitely use a bit more variety in our attack.

Dylan Walker is expected to be fit for this game.

He hyper-extended his knee against the Roosters.

Why are people floating Bird at hooker here and there?

Reckon he could be a bigger and stronger Berrigan when fit. Should be strong in defence. Anyone would have quicker service than Macca and would be a good dummy half runner. Gets him the in game. Don’t know if would work especially while so unfit but Macca is putting too much pressure on already struggling halves with slow service and poor options. But Macca isn’t going anywhere cause his 50 tackles are too valuable in coach’s estimation.

It was a good game last year, manly came out of the blocks fast and put three tries on us but it was one game that we dug in and turned it around to win. These are the games you got to win to be in the finals let’s alone be competitive once you get there. Can’t afford another titans game

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Bish
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.