PRE-GAME Round 10 - Sea Eagles vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Dont see the point of Tommy on the bench in all honesty. Would rather see another forward there.

Still not convinced either Bird is doing enough to warrant a place. I think we are trying to shoehorn him in now because he costs a fortune.

Sea Eagles:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Matthew Wright
3. Moses Suli
4. Brian Kelly
5. Akuila Uate
6. Dylan Walker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans (c)
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Shaun Lane
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Frank Winterstein
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Taniela Paseka
18. Thomas Wright
19. Jackson Hastings
20. Tevita Funa
21. Toafofoa Sipley

PAYNE Haas is set to make an unlikely return to the field against Manly on Saturday while Kodi Nikorima has moved in to the halves.
It was thought Haas would be out for two weeks when he was sent for scans on Friday, but a revised diagnosis and the long turnaround between matches has him in the frame to face the Sea Eagles at Suncorp Stadium.
The teenage Haas was only on the field a few minutes when he rolled his ankle and received a head knock in a collision with the Bulldogs' defence last Thursday.
But the scans showed a sprain to his lateral ligament – rather than a high ankle sprain – which immediately cut his healing time.
With nine days between matches, Haas is set to do some training tomorrow and has been named on the bench for Saturday's double header.
"The scans revealed it was a lateral ligament sprain rather than high ankle sprain, which is a much lower-level injury," said Broncos' High Performance Manager Jeremy Hickmans.
"He has responded really well to rehabilitation and is a chance to do some light skills alongside his concussion protocol tomorrow."
Coach Wayne Bennett today named the same 17 that defeated the Bulldogs 22-20 last Thursday, but shuffled his backline.
He has brought the dangerous Nikorima back into halfback and moved Jack Bird back to the centres.
Tom Opacic goes back to the bench where he will provide cover for the backline. Opacic can also handle short stints in the forwards.
Sam Tagataese and Patrick Mago are on the extended bench and shape as the options for Bennett should Haas not recover by Saturday.
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/05/082/payne-in-frame-for-surprise-return/

Dont see the point of Tommy on the bench in all honesty. Would rather see another forward there.

Still not convinced either Bird is doing enough to warrant a place. I think we are trying to shoehorn him in now because he costs a fortune.

Opacic is just on the bench in case there are injuries because the Broncos can afford to carry him on the bench.

At this point of the season, the forwards are match fit and can handle playing big minutes which opens up a bench spot for a back to be named.

Having another forward isn't going to make much difference, to be fair.

I am not surprised either. I thought we established already this season that Nikorima isn't a halfback.

The fact that Wayne has turned back to him so quickly worries me.

Focus on what he does best, his running game and looking to put players around him through holes. I wish Milford could focus on what he does best by having someone there who can handle the day to day stuff but really with Kodi there he can't and of the two Milford has the superior kicking game. It disappoints me that we return to this combination, but it doesn't surprise me.

Opacic is just on the bench in case there are injuries because the Broncos can afford to carry him on the bench.

At this point of the season, the forwards are match fit and can handle playing big minutes which opens up a bench spot for a back to be named.

Having another forward isn't going to make much difference, to be fair.

Yeah, you don't need 4 big forwards on the bench in any game IMO, unless everyone is really unfit. I think Kodi makes a far better bench player though, especially if he comes on at dummy half. I guess Bird has been so shit in the halves they can't even do that though.

Firstly, it speaks volumes of our halves depth that we have to return to an option that so clearly doesn't work. Secondly, if it doesn't work this time how many more chances does Nikorima get at halfback?

Losing this game has to potential to really damage our season and kill the momentum we have built with consecutive wins.

Yeah, you don't need 4 big forwards on the bench in any game IMO, unless everyone is really unfit. I think Kodi makes a far better bench player though, especially if he comes on at dummy half. I guess Bird has been so shit in the halves they can't even do that though.

as poor as Bird has been in the halves he has still had more good games this season there than Nikorima... and he has only had one good game there

YES FINALLY bird isn’t in the halves! I’m prepared to eat my own words if it backfires but I bet our attack is better with Kodi at 7 and hopefully out left side attack is better too with Bird in the centres!

Much stronger side if you ask me!!

YES FINALLY bird isn’t in the halves! I’m prepared to eat my own words if it backfires but I bet our attack is better with Kodi at 7 and hopefully out left side attack is better too with Bird in the centres!

Much stronger side if you ask me!!

Niko will cost us a game that will wreck our season,
But he is the only option we really have at the moment

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.