Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Also - Capewell was up in Milford's face all game. Almost like he took how Milford treated our now again proud club during his tenure here personally. Should have seen his reaction to the Farnworth intercept he had the face of : "WE ****'N GOT HIM BOYY!!"
Looked to be abit of meaning in it when he threw Milford off leading up to the Oates try

Anyone else notice Mam limping during the game? He didn't seem 100% on his strapped leg which could also explain his qcup form of late.

Anyone else notice Mam limping during the game? He didn't seem 100% on his strapped leg which could also explain his qcup form of late.
He was carrying a cork into the match so that may have been the cause.

Also - Capewell was up in Milford's face all game. Almost like he took how Milford treated our now again proud club during his tenure here personally. Should have seen his reaction to the Farnworth intercept he had the face of : "WE ****'N GOT HIM BOYY!!"

He celebrated no differently to every other time throughout his career.

Corey Oates came up with a big tackle on Milford in the first half that really went unnoticed.

Milford ran the ball and he shrugged off Palasia and just ran around Mam and sliced through, but Oates came in from his wing and came up with a really good tackle to save our ass. If he didn't do that, Milford is gone and Knights go to 12-0. He had Ponga unmarked on the inside, but Ponga was ahead of him so he couldn't pass to him. Luckily Ponga overran it because he would have been in under the posts.

Corey Oates came up with a big tackle on Milford in the first half that really went unnoticed.

Milford ran the ball and he shrugged off Palasia and just ran around Mam and sliced through, but Oates came in from his wing and came up with a really good tackle to save our ass. If he didn't do that, Milford is gone and Knights go to 12-0. He had Ponga unmarked on the inside, but Ponga was ahead of him so he couldn't pass to him. Luckily Ponga overran it because he would have been in under the posts.

I can't believe there has not been one single mention (that I have seen anyway) about Oates being off-contract. Are the Broncos deliberately keeping it quiet so we can get a solid deal done that works for all parties? If Oates intended to test himself on the open market, I'm sure his manager would have talking him up to every journo out there to drum up interest, so maybe it is quietly being worked on.

IMO he is on par with his career best form. 5 years ago he would have been away on those intercepts, and he would have maybe jagged a couple more down the sideline. But his defence (knowing when to jam in), has improved and is arguably a better team player for it.

I reckon if we can get a 2 year deal at $400k/yr or a 3 year deal at $400k, $400k, $350k it would be amazing.

Just on the Gagai knock on, I am catching up on my shows and I just watched NRL Tonight from Friday. They had a slo mo replay of the incident. Something I had not picked up was that the ball also contacts TMM's knee after he had lost his grip, therefore automatically a knock on.

Just on the Gagai knock on, I am catching up on my shows and I just watched NRL Tonight from Friday. They had a slo mo replay of the incident. Something I had not picked up was that the ball also contacts TMM's knee after he had lost his grip, therefore automatically a knock on.

no one (at least other than Broncos fans) give a shit the ruling was actually correct. they're just pissed off we won again and are rapidly climbing the ladder

On the Sunday footy show when reviewing our game they spent so much of the time allotted to the game whinging about the TMM bunker call that they never even showed all of our tries.
So much sour sour grapes from those Sydney-centric tossers.

I can't believe there has not been one single mention (that I have seen anyway) about Oates being off-contract. Are the Broncos deliberately keeping it quiet so we can get a solid deal done that works for all parties? If Oates intended to test himself on the open market, I'm sure his manager would have talking him up to every journo out there to drum up interest, so maybe it is quietly being worked on.

IMO he is on par with his career best form. 5 years ago he would have been away on those intercepts, and he would have maybe jagged a couple more down the sideline. But his defence (knowing when to jam in), has improved and is arguably a better team player for it.

I reckon if we can get a 2 year deal at $400k/yr or a 3 year deal at $400k, $400k, $350k it would be amazing.
No thanks to 3 years.

1 year ideally, 2 years at a discount.

I can't forget that he did a Milford and coasted once he had job security.

BTW, I do love Goates so it's strictly business.

On the Sunday footy show when reviewing our game they spent so much of the time allotted to the game whinging about the TMM bunker call that they never even showed all of our tries.
So much sour sour grapes from those Sydney-centric tossers.
Happy for them to do that.

Better than the BS about our young players being off contract ready to be raided by Wayne or Uncle Nick

ThE gAmE iS NoT pLaYeD iN sLo Mo!!!!

No thanks to 3 years.

1 year ideally, 2 years at a discount.

I can't forget that he did a Milford and coasted once he had job security.

BTW, I do love Goates so it's strictly business.

If being down in confidence in one of the worst performing sides in Rugby League history but working your ass off to try and change that is coasting, then yeah he coasted.

Oates was one of the few that actually did try.

Nah he was shit, there's a reason he was dropped.

And when he was dropped, he worked his ass off to get back in the side. That's not coasting.

Shit? Yes. We were in the top 5 for the worst performing sides in history, everyone was shit. But to say he was coasting because he got job security? No. He was trying to turn his form around, but he made the same mistake a lot of players make when they are trying to and he dug the hole deeper.

And when he was dropped, he worked his ass off to get back in the side. That's not coasting.

Shit? Yes. We were in the top 5 for the worst performing sides in history, everyone was shit. But to say he was coasting because he got job security? No. He was trying to turn his form around, but he made the same mistake a lot of players make when they are trying to and he dug the hole deeper.

he said himself he was coasting by and getting dropped was a wake up call.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Organix
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.