Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I agree re hamstring. That’s why they have this thing called rehabilitation. Do some of that and if you can get 100% then he can earn his spot back after he proves it in QCup. I know there is a lot of senior players missing but can’t play bad hammys at fullback. He costs 1-2 tries a game lately.

Boyd to qcup? Hahaha good one.

I heard what he got offered last night and what we are likely to come back with. Its miles apart right now and its got me a little worried. Not saying its gospel or anything, but i think it would be pretty much close.

How big is the difference?

Honestly, I'd release McGuire to keep TPJ. He's just that immense.

Last edited:

Around the 200k a year mark. Thing Sua has going for him is that Souths are a bit desperate for a back rower.

Images 1

For me when they come back.

8. Lodge
9. Macca
10. Offa
11. Sua
12. Gillo
13. TPJ
14. KNik/Bird (hooker/lock late in game and back cover)
15. McGuire (he can play 60 straight when comes on)
16. Glenn
17. Haas/other young bloke
18. Thaiday if someone gets injured/origin.

I think need Offa to start with experience of McGuire sorting out the period when Lodge and TPJ goes off where we dip.
I think I understand why thaiday starts. Lodge is a magnetic beacon for every skin crawling, dirty underhanded sledge or grub move an opposition can make. Imagine if he starts to lose it like Roberts did at one stage tonight. He puts out anything suspension worthy and the book will get thrown at him. Then the media will go to town with the whole club.
Thaiday is there to keep him and all the young forwards heads on straight, as does Macca.
Think of Roberts losing it early on after being beaten by Mitchell a few times. I bet one of the older blokes might have put a word or two to keep him focussed. Can't be sure but wouldn't be surprised.

Last edited:
Sims didn’t knock the ball on. Why do the media and other fans keep saying this? They realise there is footage right?

huge effort from tpj, lodge, sua and ofa with glenn, mcguire, gillett out and really nothing from the bench. hopefully having to stand up like this is the making of them, although I think it’s safe to say pangai has arrived.

Only just seen the highlights, well done awesome win, especially against that team of *****. JWH and Napa spent most of last week doing the same cheapshot rubbish, that was ignored, about time both of them got called out for it. Broncs showed some real class in a classy game. Congrats.

I agree re hamstring. That’s why they have this thing called rehabilitation. Do some of that and if you can get 100% then he can earn his spot back after he proves it in QCup. I know there is a lot of senior players missing but can’t play bad hammys at fullback. He costs 1-2 tries a game lately.
Literally all season... Every single week the opposition has scored at least one try from a grubber to the middle third of the field (with boyd nowhere in sight). More often than not though Boyd is gifting them 2 tries by either very lazy defence, or being well out of position. Literally any other coach would have dropped him by now, or at least taken away his captaincy. Least deserving bloke in the team of a captaincy IMO.

Watching the replay and listening to Ennis on the Napa sin bin.

Ennis: How can he deem he is leading with the head? How can he be certain he's leading with the head?

Umm because he's gone into the tackle head fucking first...

Yep. But why don’t the media fucking challenge him? Why didn’t one of those spineless, shit eating ***** say “No Trent, it couldn’t have been a scrum because there was no knock on.” Fucking grow a pair.

Won't happen, they run the risk of not getting access to players.

I think Su'A came close to playing himself out of that 12 jersey, to be honest.

I thought it was a 50/50 game from him tonight.
He looked a little dejected tonight... I hope a contract decision isn't weighing on his mind

After Su'a bombed the try and then made another error that led to us conceding a try, I was going to post "that's just what you get with inexperienced players". But after that, he didn't drop his head, he went harder to make up for it, and forced the error on Ferguson which gave us what would be the game-winning field position. He was also doing to Keary all night what TPJ was doing to Cronk - isolating and just bulldozing the little shit in to next week. So I thought he redeemed himself.

On Roberts, I've been a fan of his since he was playing for the Titans. I think Bennett has a massive soft spot for him. His elation when the Jet scored that try was something you rarely see (albeit, he was just as chuffed for Isaako's one too). In the press conference he made specific note of how the old James would have "been out the back door" after his errors, would have let his demons get the better of him. I get the impression he is not just another player for Bennett. He fought hard to keep him after that latest bar incident, and I think he has made it his job to mentor make him as a man first, player second. Who knows what would have happened to Roberts if not for Wayne Bennett, he is much more than just the supercoach.

Overall, nice win by the team last night with all the players we had out. Very gutsy.

However, I thought the comeback papered over how bad we were defensively.

Overall, nice win by the team last night with all the players we had out. Very gutsy.

However, I thought the comeback papered over how bad we were defensively.

It was a far better defensive performance than last week. If a couple of individuals didn't bounce off tackles, then the score would have been much different.

It's an improvement on last week, that's all you can ask for. It's something we can build on in the coming weeks.

The attitude was there, but the first contact at times was quite poor. But as I said, it's an improvement on last week and it's something to build on.

Literally all season... Every single week the opposition has scored at least one try from a grubber to the middle third of the field (with boyd nowhere in sight). More often than not though Boyd is gifting them 2 tries by either very lazy defence, or being well out of position. Literally any other coach would have dropped him by now, or at least taken away his captaincy. Least deserving bloke in the team of a captaincy IMO.
You don't think that if the coaching staff wanted him to play the regular floating fullback style instead of playing in the line, they might say something to him?

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Battler
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • Cavalo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Allo
  • Wolfie
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.