Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
What is it with this jink, stop start run from our forwards?
Every single run that Carrigan or Haas ever do is this....run off the fucking back fence for god-sake!
We need Nathan Brown type forwards asap, so over this cutesy dainty runs that our so called 'super-star' forwards are dishing up.

Yeah it’s pretty annoying. Carrigan still manages to make metres somehow and Haas just does it through sheer size. But to not have a full-speed running fearless prop isn’t helping us.

Flegler on his good nights is the best at being a stepping forward. Pangai loves a hit-and-spin.

The stuttering runs are killing any chance at recovering momentum

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Fake news sir.

Struggling to make an impact (in the context of comparing it to his prior impact) is not claiming he's having no impact. Surely a scholar of the English language such as yourself understands the importance of context. Even if you remove the context 'Struggling to have' =/= 'Having no'. Rudimentary reading comprehension here Huge, keep up.
[automerge]1595141094[/automerge]

Haha, sorry. I won't comment again on the matter, I think I've made my point.
No, you've utterly failed to make a valid point. You were plainly wrong and it's not compared to anything previously. When you're the leading metre gainer of all the forwards, when you're the best at post contact metres and when you're 5th best in offloads you're definitely NOT struggling to make an impact.

Just admit, you're wrong about his offensive impact. Even compared to last season where I believe be had a similar record. So, you're wrong even if you lack the courage to admit it.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Fake news sir.

Struggling to make an impact (in the context of comparing it to his prior impact) is not claiming he's having no impact. Surely a scholar of the English language such as yourself understands the importance of context. Even if you remove the context 'Struggling to have' =/= 'Having no'. Rudimentary reading comprehension here Huge, keep up.
[automerge]1595141094[/automerge]

Haha, sorry. I won't comment again on the matter, I think I've made my point.
Interesting isn't it??? I mean how in the players poll Haas's fellow players rated him the fourth best prop THIS YEAR. As was noted in the poll that the Bronco's incredibly bad form contributed to him not ranking more highly. Not bad for a prop 'struggling to make an impact offensively'.

I think I've made my point. You're wrong and Payne's peers agree with me.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
This week on 'Huge thinks tackle efficiency is the only statistic that matters as it pertains to someone being good defensively'!

Tune in next week to find out the next defensive liability he makes a fool of himself defending with arbitrary numbers!
I'm not buying into this spat, but the wall of words from someone who's decided they're smarter than everyone else in the room reminds me of our high-performing coach. Wonder if that's the issue, Party Pies is just jamming Huge reams of nonsense stats down the players' throats and they put him on ignore a month ago.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I'm not buying into this spat, but the wall of words from someone who's decided they're smarter than everyone else in the room reminds me of our high-performing coach. Wonder if that's the issue, Party Pies is just jamming Huge reams of nonsense stats down the players' throats and they put him on ignore a month ago.

Hahahaha. You could be on to something.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Blake Green rumour, don't see how it's true.

Where's the money coming from?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Where's the spot in the top 30 come from

It's a top 36 now because of COVID, with development players allowed to play in the NRL.

I would assume it's as simple as dropping someone like Vudogo back to a development contract and filling his spot in the top 30 with Green.

We already upgraded Niu & Bullemor to top 30 contracts I'm pretty sure, so there should be space in the development contracts for another one.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
It's a top 36 now because of COVID, with development players allowed to play in the NRL.

I would assume it's as simple as dropping someone like Vudogo back to a development contract and filling his spot in the top 30 with Green.

We already upgraded Niu & Bullemor to top 30 contracts I'm pretty sure, so there should be space in the development contracts for another one.
I think the 36 is comprised of the top 30 + 6 development players.

I dont think we can drop Vudogo back down to development after bumping him up... and I think Niu and Bullemor are both on development contracts (based on NRL.com)

I think our 30th spot went to Issac, because we picked up Teo and Issac when Macca left... Perese also came off the books

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Boyd has to go back to fullback. At the very least he can organise the defensive line.
We ARE that bad that putting Boyd back to 1 would be an Improvement
Nah keep him on the edge so he can watch storm players sail past him.

He deserves to go out like this.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Nah keep him on the edge so he can watch storm players sail past him.

He deserves to go out like this.
C'mon we both know he'll see plenty of that from fullback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • dasherhalo
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Cavalo
  • Brocko
  • Old Mate
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • johnny plath
  • Redfern_1980
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.