Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
If this is another 40+ to nil annihilation, you'd have to think Seibold is gone the next day. Forget the 10 match, 5 win ultimatum. This match could be the end of his NRL career.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
If this is another 40+ to nil annihilation, you'd have to think Seibold is gone the next day. Forget the 10 match, 5 win ultimatum. This match could be the end of his NRL career.

Its essentialy over already for the short to medium future. Who would want to touch him now?

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

It’s definitely going to be 40+

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I don't think so. We need to see how our best side performs, with Staggs, Turpin, Luke, Fifita, and Lodge back. They are 5 rather key players, especially our dummy half rotation.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
I don't think so. We need to see how our best side performs, with Staggs, Turpin, Luke, Fifita, and Lodge back. They are 5 rather key players, especially our dummy half rotation.
I get what you're saying but I don't think anyone survives 58-0, 59-0, 48-0, a number of other big loses plus the potential of an absolute bloodbath against Melbourne in the last 10 matches or so. I just can't see how he gets out of this now unfortunately.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I get what you're saying but I don't think anyone survives 58-0, 59-0, 48-0, a number of other big loses plus the potential of an absolute bloodbath against Melbourne in the last 10 matches or so. I just can't see how he gets out of this now unfortunately.

I also get what you're saying. He is on really thin ice. Seriously thin ice, however I don't think the Board will make a decision until probably the end of this season if for no other reason than to save face. If Seibold fails with the best side available then it will be all on him and the board will be absolved - in their eyes at least, for any failure

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The board probably expected what many of us expected and that would be some losses due to the young lineup. Just like us they expected to see a committed effort like perhaps the Bulldogs and Titans might produce. Those teams are not giving up as soon as a bit of adversity hits. We even see those teams playing to a structure of some kind.

I think the fact that we seem to have become progressively more clunky and disjointed is filling the board with disillusionment just as we, the fans feel. Of course they have been more tolerant than us simply because Seibold is their choice.

Most of our team are making their best efforts but a couple aren't but I can't truly know what any one of them are thinking. Whether they are being true to themselves or if they are deceiving themselves.

What is hard to stomach though is that the most basic and fundamental aspects of the simple game of rugby league are not in evidence after 18 months of Seibold's new age guidance. That, more than the losses guts me. Even if the team is being towelled up they should still look like they know what they are doing.

I thought the decision to strip the captaincy from Boyd was flawed simply because his team respected him. In hindsight we can see it didn't help performance and one could argue it's been downhill ever since.

I don't care if we lose to Melbourne, I care if we continue to look directionless and without some displays of the never die wondering attitude of the old Broncos .

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Well, in 2017 under Madge, the Bunnies lost to the Storm 64 - 6

With .. Sam Burgess, George Burgess, Cameron Murray, Angus Crichton, Reynolds, Walker, Sutton, Alex Johnston.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Boyd has to go back to fullback. At the very least he can organise the defensive line.
We ARE that bad that putting Boyd back to 1 would be an Improvement

I agree with this move too. He's not a centre for starters, and he is the only one capable of organising the defensive line. With limited assets, you have to deploy them to maximise their benefits. He does nothing at centre 'cos he is not a centre. And I bet that's what he wants too - to play FB, which would leave him with no excuses, like being the 2nd best defensive centre. Big fucking deal. Made a big difference to the result last Saturday. You never know, this might be just what Boyd needs to put in a bit more in the current situation, and help our defence where it matters, at the back, organising, and not being the 2nd best defensive centre in the comp. And possibly the worst attacking centre in the comp, He's not a bloody centre.

Put Tesi in the centres maybe. Didn't he play there a bit? That's where I'd put him with Herbie, unless Staggs is back, in which case Herbie to the wing. Keep Herbie away from Coates. They're miserable together in defence.

Isaako gets dropped. He was absolutely awful on Saturday. I'd put Dearden in for Croft and keep Milford. Milford and Dearden did ok last year when they played together. The forwards, who can you drop? I give up.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017

With .. Sam Burgess, George Burgess, Cameron Murray, Angus Crichton, Reynolds, Walker, Sutton, Alex Johnston.
We all saw what happened to Madge after that year history is likely to repeat

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We all saw what happened to Madge after that year history is likely to repeat

Yes, but Madge had 6 years there. Seibold has had 18 mths

Seibold also hasn't got have the experience and quality of the roster Madge did, as I listed above.

Last edited:
Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Yes, but Madge had 6 years there. Seibold has had 18 mths
If the players are not going to put in for there coach what happened to Madge is the end result regardless of how many years he has been there,cheaper to move on a coach than a bunch of players.

Last edited:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If the players are not going to put in for there coach what happened to Madge is the end result regardless of how many years he has been there,cheaper to move on a coach than a bunch of players.

That I agree with. And they signed Seibold, and the players lifted. Wonder why, and wonder why not now. Maybe the Souths boys all have degrees in quantum game plan reading. At least they weren't in kindergarten

Last edited:
Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Maybe he should have stayed at souths then,our players haven't responded hence why there is talk of him being moved on,don't get me wrong I really wanted him to work out here but our players are either too dense or don't respond to his coaching.
Something has to change.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013

Wasn't that right after Maguire left Inglis on the field with a clearly busted knee, and everyone, from the players to the media, were out to get him? If we do end up with a similar scoreline, we know where our players are at.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wasn't that right after Maguire left Inglis on the field with a clearly busted knee, and everyone, from the players to the media, were out to get him? If we do end up with a similar scoreline, we know where our players are at.

All I remember of that match is Souths losing Reynolds early, falling apart and Munster, Smith, Slater and Cronk playing rather well. Now there's a rather good spine. Can't argue with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Dexter
  • Brotherdu
  • Johnny92
  • leon.bott
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • kwomo
  • Big Del
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • barker
  • broncs30
  • lynx000
  • Evander
  • Fozz
  • Mister Wright
  • GCBRONCO
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.