Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That I agree with. And they signed Seibold, and the players lifted. Wonder why, and wonder why not now. Maybe the Souths boys all have degrees in quantum game plan reading. At least they weren't in kindergarten
The players never lifted for Seibold, we went significantly backwards last year and scraped into the 8 with one of the lowest win percentages in NRL history, got totally embarrassed in the finals and have spiralled even worse this year.

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel must be shut out. There's not one bit of substance in this. He's just speculating Seibold might pick Dearden.

Screenshot 2020 07 20 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
The thing is whoever gets dropped can sit back and smirk after the game and the 60 odd points thrashing and say "that's what happens when you drop me'. The media will also rip into Pies demanding why he so stupidly dropped the only experienced players available to him.

So it's a bit of a Schrodinger's cat situation. He's damned if he does and so fukced if he doesn't.
[automerge]1595196791[/automerge]
Badel must be shut out. There's not one bit of substance in this. He's just speculating Seibold might pick Dearden.

View attachment 8847
Is that Perese behind Tommy (The shadow) Dearden? :happy:

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The problem is that if he has been trying to shield Dearden all this time from this rabble, this is the one game you do NOT bring him in for. Imagine being held back against rubbish sides only to come in for the impending biggest shellacking in history. The coach can’t play him otherwise he looks even more like the idiot he already looks like he is.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

View attachment 8847
You can't bring Dearden in against Melbourne, that will just ruin the guy. Let's think about it next week, let the same squad enjoy the annihilation.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
The problem is that if he has been trying to shield Dearden all this time from this rabble, this is the one game you do NOT bring him in for. Imagine being held back against rubbish sides only to come in for the impending biggest shellacking in history. The coach can’t play him otherwise he looks even more like the idiot he already looks like he is.
I agree with this and it is a perfect example of the dilemma we have gotten ourselves into.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Really looking forward to this week's game. I think we're in with a massive chance and the Storm will be super vulnerable to an ambush. Don't be surprised if Smith and probably Bellamy suddenly retire this week instead of tarnishing their career/legacy by getting smashed in this game. Broncos by 70+

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
James Hooper:

“Anthony Seibold is an intelligent bloke, I do feel for him for the amount of blowtorch he’s copping at the moment. But the damning indictment is Brodie Croft. He went out and signed Brodie Croft, superstar signing from a club that no longer wanted him, backed his own coaching ability to be able to turn Brodie around, it’s an epic fail on every level. End it. The experiment is done, I’m not sure (Croft) is going to make it as an NRL player. If he didn’t make it at the Melbourne Storm he’s not going make it in the team he’s in at the moment.”

Michael Ennis:

“Anthony Milford, given his performance, I know he’s been under the blowtorch but he simply cannot be picked this weekend. His form is just not up to it. At what point do we start asking more of the players?”

Last edited:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
So it's a bit of a Schrodinger's cat situation. He's damned if he does and so fukced if he doesn't.
What if the act of putting the cat in the box changes the box in a way that's unforeseen?

I'm picking Dearden. No point expecting Milford to get some kind of epiphany because Seibold's job is reportedly on the line. His own job has been on the line for the last year.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
What if the act of putting the cat in the box changes the box in a way that's unforeseen?

I'm picking Dearden. No point expecting Milford to get some kind of epiphany because Seibold's job is reportedly on the line. His own job has been on the line for the last year.

You can't dump Dearden in the deepest of deep ends this week, he will be on the biggest hiding to nothing in the history of sport.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
The best team needs to be picked, forget about possible outcomes.. do what should have been done after the hiding in the last game of last year... bench or rest the under performing senior players and let the chips fall where they may. It's kinda simple.. No need for in depth honesty sessions that don't go anywhere, performance reviews that aren't actioned, threats to table a motion to investigate the possibility of maybe sacking a popular kid, which kind of seem to be Pies character failing, not being able to make the truly challenging decisions of sacking the cool kids.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
You can't dump Dearden in the deepest of deep ends this week, he will be on the biggest hiding to nothing in the history of sport.
tbh it sounds exactly like what seibold would do.

throw him in, we get pumped (we would get pumped anyway) and say see, we told you he's not ready.

play milford and croft until heat death of universe.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Remember his debut against the Roosters last year? That's what we need.

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
What a year 2020! Broncos at $9.00 on sportsbet against the Storm.. Goodness me!

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Hmmmm....

You know the funny thing about that is, I would have actually respected Seibold if he tried that earlier somewhat for at least trying but it's taken way too long and too much damage caused to force his hand if that is even true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mustafur
  • Redfern_1980
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.