Round 11 - West Tigers vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm hoping Barba is on his game. His positioning this year hasn't been the best..

Watching some of the Tigers performances this year, Brooks likes to put the grubber back in which completely fools the defense. It's a good thing Tedesco is not playing, but it's still potentially dangerous.

Maybe Barba and Hoffa can exchange tips on how to play FB and 5/8

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Absolutely no excuses for this game. We may be missing Origin players but none from our spine. The theme I would be hammering at training would be 'No excuses.'

I like the team - am pleased that Lowrie is starting. I think he has been treated very harshly mainly due to the fact that he's not a bench player and he's not as 'flashy' as some of our other underachievers. I like that Maranta has been recalled and Copley is back in the centres.

No excuses. Origin or no Origin, it is not ok to lose this game.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I think the broncos will win these quite comfortably for some reason. I can't see why they wouldn't. Barba is gaining some confidence from the past couple of games. I just hope they don't under-estimate the tigers like we have with the eels, titans, cowboys.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I don't think he ruled himself out though... He wasn't picked.

That rule came in to prevent players from paying their suspension in a game they weren't going to play anyway.

Good thing too, if that rule were still alive Greg Bird would be playing this Wednesday.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I think the broncos will win these quite comfortably for some reason. I can't see why they wouldn't. Barba is gaining some confidence from the past couple of games. I just hope they don't under-estimate the tigers like we have with the eels, titans, cowboys.

Great observation that, Taylor. It's something I've noticed as well and it has plagued us the last couple of seasons. We seem to have a "she'll be right" attitude towards some sides. We are also guilty of taking the soft option as well at times and it really shows in our performances. All I can do is hope we've turned a corner...

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Absolutely no excuses for this game. We may be missing Origin players but none from our spine. The theme I would be hammering at training would be 'No excuses.'

I like the team - am pleased that Lowrie is starting. I think he has been treated very harshly mainly due to the fact that he's not a bench player and he's not as 'flashy' as some of our other underachievers. I like that Maranta has been recalled and Copley is back in the centres.

No excuses. Origin or no Origin, it is not ok to lose this game.

Another way of putting it is, it is not ok not to win this game.

I'm so looking forward to the team running out on the field with an effective, relevant game plan, executing it, and defending with no, or minimal, missed tackles, and everyone playing out of their skins ... for each other, for the whole 80 minutes.

Then, the little things, like good ball security,no dropped balls, reading the decoy runners, wingers not coming in off their man.

I love surprises.

Last edited:
CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I'm so looking forward to the team running out on the field with an effective, relevant game plan, executing it, and defending with no, or minimal, missed tackles, and everyone playing out of their skins ... for each other, for the whole 80 minutes.

Then, the little things, like good ball security,no dropped balls, reading the decoy runners, wingers not coming in off their man.

Pretty ambitious but it I'm convinced it can be done. I haven't seen it for 3 or so years now but I'm not afraid to dream of a high quality, consistent performance that would do the great Broncos teams of the past proud. Come on, boys!

KingWebcke

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Aug 4, 2013
Excited to see Copley in the centres. he has been doing nicely on the wing but it would be worthwhile taking a look at him in his natural pos.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Pretty ambitious but it I'm convinced it can be done. I haven't seen it for 3 or so years now but I'm not afraid to dream of a high quality, consistent performance that would do the great Broncos teams of the past proud. Come on, boys!

Well, if you look at the potential in this side, there are no excuses, which really, in the final analysis, boils down to good coaching, and that also means instilling the right attitude into the players, as much as rehearsing coherent plays and execution to the point they go like clockwork.

Go Hook!

(Oh, and Barba is more than welcome to inject a little more individual brilliance as well.)

Last edited:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Anyone else hearing whispers that Nicholls will get a run?

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Late mail from NRL.com:

Broncos: Ben Hannant is set to play after overcoming a groin injury. Martin Kennedy and Jordan Kahu are likely to drop off the extended bench.

Seems Kennedy didn't do enough last week to warrant a start back in the top side.

I hope he gets his act together soon, we need him.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • The Don
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Bucking Beads
  • Swordfish
  • Tim K
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.