Round 11 - West Tigers vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Stagg and Lowrie are so similar type players.

Makes it kinda dumb to play them both in the 17.

I think we have enough younger guys ie Oates, Wallace and Hala, Granville playing.

Im happy for stagg to play. He still offers enough to warrant selection during origin period. I'd love to see Kennedy back if his form on the weekend warrants it.

I'd love nothing more than to see Kennedy back in the side firing .....

.. but only if he lifts his performances as he's been quite the passenger of late.

Stagg getting a run must only be because we're down on troops. Having said that, it is perplexing. Surely we'd be better off bringing in a young guy from ISC to play some minutes in first grade, instead of playing Stagg.

Didn't Stagg play last week too?

Didn't Stagg play last week too?

Yes. 21 minutes, 7 runs for 59m and 5 tackles. He was mostly ineffective and seemed very slow to me.

I'm just saying; we have a few young, talented Forwards in ISC who could easily get a call up.

Last edited:
Evidently injury concerns for Lowrie after the last hit out panned out ok. I agree with the consensus that he and Stagg are very similar, though the Todd has youth on his side.

I would think Thaiday is extremely unlikely to be a last minute inclusion. If he ruled himself out of Origin, I'd expect him to further his rehabilitation by sitting this one out.

Assuming no last minute ring ins of a rookie, I'd like to see either Hala or Stagg make way for Kennedy. Hopefully Griffin gets a little ambitious (however unlikely) and gives Granville some decent minutes. He'll never be a viable bench option until he gets enough time to find his groove amongst the team structure.

Its a pretty decent team, I think they will go well and looking forward to it.

[h=4]Wests Tigers[/h]1 Kurtis Rowe
2 David Nofoaluma
3 Tim Simona
4 Chris Lawrence
5 Pat Richards
6 Braith Anasta
7 Luke Brooks
8 Martin Taupau
9 Joel Luani
10 Keith Galloway
11 Sitaleki Akauola
12 Bodene Thompson
13 Adam Blair

Interchange
14 Sauaso Sue
15 Ava Seumanufagai
16 Blake Austin
17 Keith Lulia

Coach: Mick Potter

I would think Thaiday is extremely unlikely to be a last minute inclusion. If he ruled himself out of Origin, I'd expect him to further his rehabilitation by sitting this one out.

Why would Thaiday play on Saturday if he was fit when he would be expected to play Origin on Wednesday :laugh:

Why would Thaiday play on Saturday if he was fit when he would be expected to play Origin on Wednesday :laugh:

I don't think he'd be permitted to play anyway ... don't current rules state that if you rule yourself out of origin, you can't play club footy that weekend

I don't think he'd be permitted to play anyway ... don't current rules state that if you rule yourself out of origin, you can't play club footy that weekend

I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure Jamie Lyon did that..

I don't think he ruled himself out though... He wasn't picked.

That rule came in to prevent players from paying their suspension in a game they weren't going to play anyway.

Yeah that's the rule. Lyon has retired from rep footy that is why he doesn't get pinged. Wish Hodges did.

Not sure why Sloth picks Stagg. Can he play a fair few positions and seems like a nice guy... sure but it is time to bleed some up and comers. Sloth comes to all conclusions slowly. Hence he is a sloth.

Evidently injury concerns for Lowrie after the last hit out panned out ok. I agree with the consensus that he and Stagg are very similar, though the Todd has youth on his side.

He is 3 months older than Stagg

Wow. Well, colour me surprised!

Stagg' recent history could have coloured my judgement, but I feel like a Lowrie has more vigour and resilience at this stage. He's not especially dynamic, but is an honest toiler. Stagg is cut from the same cloth but seems to be running on fumes these days.

Wow. Well, colour me surprised!

Stagg' recent history could have coloured my judgement, but I feel like a Lowrie has more vigour and resilience at this stage. He's not especially dynamic, but is an honest toiler. Stagg is cut from the same cloth but seems to be running on fumes these days.

I agree with this and must admit I thought the same as you. Judging purely on performance lowrie seems much younger.

Lowrie is a bit maligned but I feel like he is providing good value for his money

I'm hoping Barba is on his game. His positioning this year hasn't been the best..

Watching some of the Tigers performances this year, Brooks likes to put the grubber back in which completely fools the defense. It's a good thing Tedesco is not playing, but it's still potentially dangerous.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • eggstar10
  • Foordy
  • HarryAllan7
  • Cavalo
  • sooticus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Gaz
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.