Round 12 - Broncos vs. Manly - Post-Match Discussion

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Good to get the win.

While we were good, I thought Manly were very poor even considering they were missing key player.

Hard to get excited watching the game on delay and full of ads.

With two byes and 3 winnable games against non-top 8 teams to round out the Origin period we can be in great position to make a run at a top 4 spot.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Yeah that was a huge win for our Top 8 chances. This year we have awesome byes aligning with the SOO rep players absences (14 and 18). Gotta put the Raiders away this Monday though.

Has a similar feel to when we played the Eels off the back of the wins against the Cowboys and Bulldogs. We expected showing up and running an opposed ball session for 80 minutes would get us a win. Really need to be ruthless.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I also saw the "Guess what? Manly hates you too" sign got a run yesterday. This is in the Grand Final for worst banners ever with the "GST Great St George Team" one. They were amusing the first couple of times they were out but come on - get some new material.

letsgoneoriginal-1200.jpg

Let's not forget this one.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
One disappointment is the number of times Gillett got the ball on the right with space and support on the outside, then stopped and ran the other way. It happened about 3 times. If he kept running right and put it through the hands, we would have had at least 1 more try, if not 2.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
One disappointment is the number of times Gillett got the ball on the right with space and support on the outside, then stopped and ran the other way. It happened about 3 times. If he kept running right and put it through the hands, we would have had at least 1 more try, if not 2.
I got that idea too when I saw the live game, but upon review, only once did he take the wrong option, where there were numbers and a genuine chance. The other times, he received the ball flat-footed and Manly had that side well and truly covered.

His arm grabbing at Foran is what pissed me off, and himself too, judging by his reaction on the ground.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I got that idea too when I saw the live game, but upon review, only once did he take the wrong option, where there were numbers and a genuine chance. The other times, he received the ball flat-footed and Manly had that side well and truly covered.

His arm grabbing at Foran is what pissed me off, and himself too, judging by his reaction on the ground.

Hook wasnt pleased either as he was dragged from the field immediately after it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hook wasnt pleased either as he was dragged from the field immediately after it.

I would say him being 'dragged off the field' would of had more to do with the fact he was backing up and the game was one. Griffin said he was going to give him an early shower just before he got that length of the field try

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I would say him being 'dragged off the field' would of had more to do with the fact he was backing up and the game was one. Griffin said he was going to give him an early shower just before he got that length of the field try
Nah, this was after the Foran try mate.

He did come back later in the second half, so he didn't drop him like Kennedy a few weeks ago, but I sure hope Hook gave him an ear full.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Yeah he missed the tackle and was taken off pretty much straight away.

Could always have been the intention to take him off then. I think there was about 10 mins to go until half time.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Even the old bag sitting near me was telling Jack Reed to pass the fucken ball hahaha

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
second phase play! offloads!

we had 16 offloads yesterday. i havent looked at many other games but i recall one recently where we had 3.

Yep that is what I loved about our performance and a lot of those offloads came from Vidot after dragging defenders in as he is so hard to put down, I am looking forward to seeing more of that this season.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Saying what?

Pretty general stuff, talked about the last two games and being important wins for our chances this season, Hunt, Copley and Reed(thought Copley and Reed contained their opposition centres in check), particularly Hunt's improvement as a player and his chances for SOO. He also thanked the members and supporters for attending the game and showing support for the club during a difficult week for the club and it's fans.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There is one thing I really enjoyed seeing yesterday.

Whenever the Broncos got a chance to take a penalty goal, they didn't. They kept attacking Manly, they kept trying to put them to the sword. They had the game won, they were buggered, but they didn't take the easy option.

I really enjoyed seeing that.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Good to get the win.

While we were good, I thought Manly were very poor even considering they were missing key player.

Hard to get excited watching the game on delay and full of ads.

With two byes and 3 winnable games against non-top 8 teams to round out the Origin period we can be in great position to make a run at a top 4 spot.

and Griffins survival :o_o:

Unread

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • rnabokov
  • Brocko
  • something
  • Mustafur
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.