Round 12 - Broncos vs. Manly - Post-Match Discussion

Hoppa and Tafua are going to get torn to shreds by GI and Boyd (assuming they get picked and Slater is fit). I think I read that Hoppa missed six tackles on Friday, and Tafua didn't really endear himself defensively today.

has hunt ever made the emerging squad for qld? if DCE is right for origin 2, it would be nice to see ben hunt get 18th man just so he can be around the elite. would do wonders for his game and confidence

Manly's lack of depth in the forwards was exposed today. Their pet out the back plays don't work so well when they're not marching forward. Broncos today provided a blueprint of how to handle the sea eagles , depleted or not.

Hoppa and Tafua are going to get torn to shreds by GI and Boyd (assuming they get picked and Slater is fit). I think I read that Hoppa missed six tackles on Friday, and Tafua didn't really endear himself defensively today.

Hopoate will get picked and I feel that Josh Mansour will get the other wing spot. If I was a Queenslander I would feel pretty concerned if Mansour was playing.

what a sensational game from Hunt. He's always had good vision and finally he's putting a bit of polish and poise to go with that. Fantastic stuff!

I'm still not sure what to make of Copley. He looked good and then bad throughout the game. Good finishes to tries (+ an amazing hit on Matai) and then some odd fumbles

It's different because one is played at night & the other during the day. :tongue1:

Does anyone know if Toovey went off in the press conference.

873429-toovey.jpg

Why is he so red

Does anyone else think the salary cap dramas are partially a reason as to why Broncos played the way they did today?

I like to think so. They haven't had a great week and a win was a bloody great way to finish it off.

Great game and the boys played well, Hunt deserved his MoTM. Thought we got away with a couple of forward passes while they got away with holding us down so evened out I guess. Early on I thought Dropley was back, but damn his footwork was impressive.

Anyone who says that the Broncos are lucky to play every Friday can now shut the **** up. It's no coincidence that the first day game we have we look far more impressive. I remember the games in the '90s where the Broncos played most of their games on a Sunday arvo and it was beautiful to watch the ball get thrown around. The difference in ball handling from a Friday night to a Sunday arvo is, ahem, night & day.

That was fucking beautiful.

Griffin finally gives free reign for the players to throw the ball around and offload. Nek minnit we dominate one of the elite teams in the comp. Please play like this every week Brisbane. If we chance our arm, mistakes can be forgiven!

I also like that we played more than less, Manly's style of game and outplayed them at it. We moved the ball constructively and to our strengths. The execution was so improved.

I really liked the defence on the edges and out wide. I was really worried about that, and we actually kicked to Vidot! Did we score?

I thought Thaiday did some very good things, including his passing game, and the general regular offloading across the park was so refreshing. I honestly felt we lost nothing with Copley at right centre.

This is THE game plan we need and can be so good at, Hoffman notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Copley certainly seems to have a knack for finding even the smallest spaces between defenders close to the line.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • Gaz
  • eazy-duzzit
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.