Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Boyd answered some critics tonight, me included.

More than anything, I admired him trying to rev the team up.

1. Boyd
6. Anyone not named Milford
7. Dearden
9. Turpin
14. Luke / Paix

Croft peeling the oranges.

Haas - 18 runs, 217 metres, 43 tackles.
TPJ - 20 runs, 185 metres, 5 offloads, 21 tackles.
Carrigan - 23 runs, 210 metres, 50 tackles.

Flegler - 7 runs, 81 metres, 29 tackles.
Ofahanegaue - 10 runs, 76 metres, 32 tackles.

I wonder who the weak links are in the forward pack...

The Fox commentators were gushing over Flegler at one point

Last edited:
Question marks over the pass to Mulitalo but Tracey was well onside.

It was a tough loss for the boys but they took some positive strides. With Fifita to return next week they have an opportunity to make ammends next week.

I didn't like Carrigan using the challenge when he did, they got very little of a breather for it.

I guess experience will teach him.

Boyd???????
He had in three of our tries, plenty of tackles and hit ups and we actually looked organised in defence for once youre blaming him?
Milford had some moments in defence but overall was very good too. Our problem was a lack experience and a bit of wisdom at closing out games.
I don't actually think either play cost us a try and Boyd saved at least one with a one-on-one.
If anything young dearden not collecting the ball at the end there was our Achilles and some poor kicking, but otherwise he was very good too.
They will learn from this and him in particular.
I wouldn't be changing too much of that run on 13, and I thought Turpin was outstanding coming back.
Totally agree - if Boyd played like that week in and week out there wouldn't be any issue with him. Made some good defensive hits too. Wasn't perfect, but who would be after not playing at the back for most of a season.

Turps was great - hopefully with a few more games in Staggs and Turps they will continue to be our stand outs.

Refs kept them in it til we 2020 Broncos'd it up and lost.

Sharks have to be the grubbiest fucking team on the planet too...

Well, i really enjoyed watching Herbie and Dearden play tonight.
Haas solid as always.
TPJ is a weapon when he isnt decapitating people.
Boyd was great at the back.

Best Broncos performance since the restart.

Last edited:
No tonight is proof he needs a pre season with the cancer gone as the young blokes really put in tonight and caned it.
No i disagree.

He hasnt sorted our diabolical defence in almost 2 seasons.

Even if there are disruptive influences in the side, he should still have the defensive side of things sorted.

It's a non-negotiable.

Unless other powers intervene to force him back into the side, I doubt we'll see Croft again this year, if at all. Milford and Dearden seem like the combination to persist with for the rest of the season. We well and truly aren't playing finals anyway so the club has one goal and one only: Avoid the spoon.

Agree, but it won’t happen unfortunately.
I wouldn’t give Fifita any game time either.
Paix/Dearden halves combo with turps to play 80 at 9.
Luke cannot defend to save his life.
Milford had a half decent night so he has probably just bought himself an extension.
4 try assists from Boyd, he was good (finally).
Staggs, Haas (again) and Carrigan also very good.
Fifitas on the books why would you not use him other than out of spite? Only thing young guys are going to learn is how it feels to lose and possibly get an injury on the way. When the games a lost cause, you sub in the bench and give your key players a rest.

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncotville
  • Lozza
  • NSW stables
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.