Round 13 - Canberra vs. Broncos - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I reckon you'll know within the first ten minutes whether we're worth watching or we're stuffed.

Been that way all season.

The problem stems from the teams approach. They seem hellbent on pacing themselves across the 80. The problem is, if you let the other team draw first blood you're constantly playing catch up both physically and mentally.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
[MENTION=1848]ningnangnong[/MENTION] mate, I've seen you lose the plot on a number of occasions.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Every time this year after a team has had 50 points put on them they've comeback to win the next week. Will be very hard to do it in Canberra especially when the Raiders only have 2 players backing up from Origin.

We might have the stat for first team to get beat by 50 two weeks in a row

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think we will see a turn around of some kind against the Raiders. It won't count for much if we don't start putting good efforts together week in week out and we start playing a better brand of football in attack and defence.

hayseed

hayseed

QCup Player
Feb 20, 2013
Only 38? Phew! I thought we got embarrassed for a second there. :biggrin:

We were absolutely embarrsssed but let's not make it any worse than it already is

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Hodges a possibility to play on Monday.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
My fearless prediction is that we will not see a repeat of that dismal effort of last week. In fact I think you will see the Broncs going hard for the rest of the season. We will not have to be ashamed for the rest of this year. The turnaround has happened already. We are back.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
My fearless prediction is that we will not see a repeat of that dismal effort of last week. In fact I think you will see the Broncs going hard for the rest of the season. We will not have to be ashamed for the rest of this year. The turnaround has happened already. We are back.

I like your confidence, it fires me up too. :thumbup1:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I expect a much better performance this week. But I can't see us winning in Canberra.

We're morals the next week

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I wouldn't risk Hodges.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
I wouldn't risk Hodges.

We haven't done enough this year to deserve a luxury like risking Hodges.

And the way we are playing, it's not like his absence would really result in him missing anything other than more losses. We need him to play to try and tur things around, delaying it a week is no longer good enough.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
We struggle to beat teams with our full strength side, resting players idea needs to get thrown out the window.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Resting Hodges still makes him miss every other game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Bucking Beads
  • Porthoz
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.