/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I dont like bagging Moose....

Me neither, he's one of my favourite next gen Broncos. But I don't think there's many who are thinking he has 13 in his game....
He can do the same great work he does every week at prop so we can find a geniune lock to give us an extra option in attack.

I never thought it possible but Milf does add another point of attack and was sorely missed. As good as Marshall is, he doesn't have the nimbleness in his youth and his game plan is old hat in the modern era. I say let the young ones stake their claim and not wait until the season is dead before giving them a chance.

He was fucked that's why. You could see it in his face after 20mins, yet he still gave his all. He was down in back play after that collision with Ferguson, hence why he wasn't there.

Niko just gets on with it and is unaffected by grub play or shit not going his way. It's actually the trademark of all good halfbacks.

Take a much needed rest and regroup for next week.

We were really tired out there.

Does anyone else want to see Boyd actually take on the line on kick returns? Every single kick return he just runs sideways and passes it to Kahu / Oates. If Boyd hits it up hard, and then Oates does the second hit up we would gain far more metres. But he often passes to oates who by this stage has had to slow down, and Oates will make like 5-10 metres but then Boyd will do the next hitup and usually gains about 5 metres. Where as if he just gets it and charges it back ala karmichael hunt, he would gain like 15 and then oates would gain 10 (25m > 15). Boyd just seems to be very very lazy lately. Never there for support plays up the middle and doesnt do kick returns. Probably the laziest fullback in terms of involvements atm.

Niko just gets on with it and is unaffected by grub play or shit not going his way. It's actually the trademark of all good halfbacks.

Maybe some of that could rub off on Milford. I love the bloke but it can be frustrating when he won't just get up and play the ball when its clear the ref isn't going to fall for his milking.

Last edited:
Opacic is the reason we got bundled out of the finals last year, yes he was injured, but he is just so slow defending the line and it got found out. Morgan literally ran around him like two or three times without getting touched... Reminded me of Jack Reed.

Thats a stupid statement. So a player with 2 busted shoulders who couldn't lift them to tackle was soley to blame for us losing last year? Thats just rubbish. He shouldnt have even been playing, but had to because of Roberts stupidity. The toughness he showed to even put himself out there should be commended.

If you have ever watched a lot of Tom the one thing you really cant say about him is that he is a poor defender. He might not be the fastest, but he knows how to score a try and he is a good defender. Basing it on one game where he shouldnt have been playing isnt fair at all.

Does anyone else want to see Boyd actually take on the line on kick returns? Every single kick return he just runs sideways and passes it to Kahu / Oates. If Boyd hits it up hard, and then Oates does the second hit up we would gain far more metres. But he often passes to oates who by this stage has had to slow down, and Oates will make like 5-10 metres but then Boyd will do the next hitup and usually gains about 5 metres. Where as if he just gets it and charges it back ala karmichael hunt, he would gain like 15 and then oates would gain 10 (25m > 15). Boyd just seems to be very very lazy lately. Never there for support plays up the middle and doesnt do kick returns. Probably the laziest fullback in terms of involvements atm.

I don't have a problem with it when the opportunity presents itself and there is something to gain from, with Oates there is merit because he can make quality metres but then there was a moment in the game where he passed to Kahu infield and by the time Kahu actually got the ball the Roosters pretty much had him covered. We may have got our play more central but we lost metres and momentum from it.

Ben Hunt, needs to find form fast... another woeful game.

Also, Corey Oates, what the actual .... kicks ball off the ground when six to go in great field position. Throws a shocker of a forward pass in great field position. Goes MIA during a crucial moment when Moga has the ability to offload 1m from the line with no other bronco in sight.

That SOO game destroyed a lot of confidence for him and others I think.

He was injured.

And big ask from young bloke to back up after his origin workload physically and emotionally. He's not the problem.

Everyone saying they were tied from origin, remember Cordner, Napa and Fergusson also backed up from origin, and they were also missing their key halfback. Cordner and Napa played better than any of our players backing up...

I never thought it possible but Milf does add another point of attack and was sorely missed. As good as Marshall is, he doesn't have the nimbleness in his youth and his game plan is old hat in the modern era. I say let the young ones stake their claim and not wait until the season is dead before giving them a chance.

Never thought it possible? wtf? It's MILF.

I don't have a problem with it when the opportunity presents itself and there is something to gain from, with Oates there is merit because he can make quality metres but then there was a moment in the game where he passed to Kahu infield and by the time Kahu actually got the ball the Roosters pretty much had him covered. We may have got our play more central but we lost metres and momentum from it.
He would have to do the least amount of kick returns for any other fullback though. Still can't believe he was picked over Slater... I really don't rate him. He is safe, that is it. Even Michael Gordon outplayed him this week. He is very very average in my books. Definitely not worth the cash they are talking.

Wayne even said that if Benji didn't kick and passed instead we probably would've scored

Thats a stupid statement. So a player with 2 busted shoulders who couldn't lift them to tackle was soley to blame for us losing last year? Thats just rubbish. He shouldnt have even been playing, but had to because of Roberts stupidity. The toughness he showed to even put himself out there should be commended.

If you have ever watched a lot of Tom the one thing you really cant say about him is that he is a poor defender. He might not be the fastest, but he knows how to score a try and he is a good defender. Basing it on one game where he shouldnt have been playing isnt fair at all.
He is a great defender, but doesnt have enough speed to keep up with faster edge players. He should gain a few KG and be a backrower.

Roosters defeat Broncos 18-16: Five things we learned
RIKKI-LEE ARNOLD, The Courier-Mailan hour ago
Subscriber only
SILVER lining for the Broncos, Andrew McCullough gives the defence a lift and Moga’s discipline a concern. Here’s what else we took from Brisbane’s defeat.
1 — THERE is a lot the Broncos can take from that game. They only lost by two points but also made huge improvements on the previous week. Against the Warriors they finished with a 62 per cent completion rate and 32 missed tackles. Last night they finished with an 80 per cent completion rate and 20 missed tackles. There were plenty of good signs in wet conditions.
2 — THE major improvement in Brisbane’s defence from last week was helped by the return of Andrew McCullough. The Broncos desperately missed the reliable rake against the Warriors, who had to sit out the match with a concussion. But he came straight back into the side with ease and made 48 tackles — the most of any Bronco.
3 — TAUTAU Moga has enjoyed a solid start in his return to the NRL. But he has to watch his discipline moving forward. Moga has this season made 13 errors and conceded nine penalties, including one of each last night. While he isn’t the worst for errors at the Broncos, when you pair his mistakes with his penalties, it’s clear discipline is an area he needs to work on. He has given away more penalties this season than any of his Broncos teammates.
4 — MATT Gillett is an absolute machine. After playing 80 minutes in Origin I on Wednesday night, he was once again put through his paces against the Roosters. Gillett notched up another 65 minutes last night, and even though he was clearly fatigued, his effort cannot be faulted. He missed just one tackle all night in a strong defensive performance. Fellow Maroons Josh McGuire and Corey Oates were also strong in attack.

5 — THE real post-Origin hero was Boyd Cordner. The Roosters skipper was the reason why Sydney won. He played another 80 minutes after putting in a full game for the Blues on Wednesday, scored two tries, ran for 151m and made 24 tackles.

and i'd take Reed in a heart beat over Moga ...

and that is saying something (at least to the people around here who know my opinion of Reed)
At least Reed tried and wasn't prone to bombing tries.

The moment in the game when instead of a repeat from a grubber or chip set we had a kick from the far side, caught in goal on the full. 10-15 minutes from fulltime. 7 Tackle set next. Horrible. Knew it was the end then for today but getting as close as they did was great. We've got a good team and I think we'll be alright but I'm not too sure it's a gf winning team.

Hunts got to improve that's certain. He is not alone.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.