Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Does anyone else want to see Boyd actually take on the line on kick returns? Every single kick return he just runs sideways and passes it to Kahu / Oates. If Boyd hits it up hard, and then Oates does the second hit up we would gain far more metres. But he often passes to oates who by this stage has had to slow down, and Oates will make like 5-10 metres but then Boyd will do the next hitup and usually gains about 5 metres. Where as if he just gets it and charges it back ala karmichael hunt, he would gain like 15 and then oates would gain 10 (25m > 15). Boyd just seems to be very very lazy lately. Never there for support plays up the middle and doesnt do kick returns. Probably the laziest fullback in terms of involvements atm.

As I said in a different thread earlier today it is my biggest criticism of him

Does anyone else want to see Boyd actually take on the line on kick returns? Every single kick return he just runs sideways and passes it to Kahu / Oates. If Boyd hits it up hard, and then Oates does the second hit up we would gain far more metres. But he often passes to oates who by this stage has had to slow down, and Oates will make like 5-10 metres but then Boyd will do the next hitup and usually gains about 5 metres. Where as if he just gets it and charges it back ala karmichael hunt, he would gain like 15 and then oates would gain 10 (25m > 15). Boyd just seems to be very very lazy lately. Never there for support plays up the middle and doesnt do kick returns. Probably the laziest fullback in terms of involvements atm.

I watched Slater, and Cronk, or rather, enjoyed Slater and Cronk, and also Munster yesterday. Slater and Cronk running straight, working set plays, always in support of each other. That is a well coached spine. Boyd, for all his outstanding qualities is for mine a victim of a spine that is neglected and poorly defined. I think our greatest weakness is a waste of talent which is just not being harnessed, with individuals simply being left to their own devices instead of integrated into structured movement.

You build that structure, then improvise around it. I am growing disillusioned by the coaching of this wonderful side, and some of the selections, especially lock

He is a great defender, but doesnt have enough speed to keep up with faster edge players. He should gain a few KG and be a backrower.

Dont disagree with some of that ( although, i do think he is quicker than you think, he was just hampered last season but he doesn't have lightning speed or acceleration ) Thats not the issue though, having a pop at an injured player and putting the blame on him for a loss is pretty unfair. I'm sure he would have rather not have had to play and let himself and the team down but he put himself out there because he was asked to play and we had nobody else. Couldnt really have a go at any player for that.

I actually think he would make a decent ball playing lock myself, but i think Bird will play that role.

Blair is so much more potent when he starts offloading. He's obviously bulked up this season to just do more hit ups but it's not his game. He should be lock as he creates more for the halves. McGuire is only smart enough to be a prop. Let him do the hack work and stop giving him the ball on the 4th tackle. Hunt is so erratic it seems to influence the whole team. So much panic tonight where as nikos calmness allows everyone else to just play their role. Tough loss.

Blair is so much more potent when he starts offloading. He's obviously bulked up this season to just do more hit ups but it's not his game. He should be lock as he creates more for the halves. McGuire is only smart enough to be a prop. Let him do the hack work and stop giving him the ball on the 4th tackle. Hunt is so erratic it seems to influence the whole team. So much panic tonight where as nikos calmness allows everyone else to just play their role. Tough loss.
That's what I couldn't put in words eloquently. Hunt has made a bad play - screams and yell. Affects morale of team. Kodi - takes it on the chin and MANS up!

What wrong with Broncos forward pack? They got dominated by every other teams pack. Please I can't understand what was the game plan for today game. If kodi nikorima should be in team for next week. He should play in half back position.

The brutality of the State of Origin series opener might have forced star playmakers Mitchell Pearce and Anthony Milford out of Saturday night's heavyweight clash between the Roosters and Broncos, but the sides produced their own interstate classic with the Sydneysiders holding on for a gutsy 18-16 win at Allianz Stadium.

Much like Wednesday's classic at Suncorp Stadium, it was a try right on the stroke of half-time that proved telling with Boyd Cordner's 38th-minute effort and Michael Gordon's subsequent conversion enough to move the Roosters ahead of Brisbane into the Telstra Premiership top four.

For 74 minutes it looked as though the Roosters would simply grind their way to victory, but two tries at the death set up a grandstand finish, only for Benji Marshall – who had a whale of a game at five-eighth – to send his 80th-minute grubber dead to put an end to the furious fightback.

Heavy rain in the hours leading up to kick-off didn't deter either side from throwing the ball around and the Roosters' penchant for flair was rewarded after 10 minutes when Joseph Manu burst into the backfield and linked up with Gordon to send the fullback over for the first try of the evening.

The home side's lead didn't last long as late-inclusion Marshall latched onto a beautiful pass from halves partner Ben Hunt to cross for his first try in Broncos colours.

A perfectly-weighted kick by Hunt early in the count looked certain to lead to more points but two outstanding defensive plays – one from Gordon on Jordan Kahu and the other by Latrell Mitchell on James Roberts – forced the Broncos into touch to keep scores level after 32 minutes.

Another display of defensive desperation forced a turnover inside the Broncos' half and the Roosters took full advantage of the field position to retake the lead through NSW Blues skipper Boyd Cordner who crashed over two minutes out from the break.

The Broncos had a golden opportunity to hit back early in the second half when Corey Oates got one-on-one with Blake Ferguson, but unlike Wednesday night when he was outleapt for Queensland's lone try, the Roosters winger got his revenge with a crunching shot to force his opposite number into touch.

Brisbane had plenty of chances to level the scores but seemed to lack the polish we've come to expect of Wayne Bennett's side in 2017 with the visitors fumbling and bumbling their way close to the line on a far too regular basis.

Their inability to capitalise would prove their undoing as Kahu fumbled a Jake Friend grubber straight into the arms of Cordner who was rewarded for his gut-busting chase to complete the most memorable week of his rugby league career.

Or that's how it seemed until Oates pegged one back in the 74th minute following a well-worked shift to the left edge before Tautau Moga crashed over moments later, only for Kahu to hook the potentially match-levelling sideline conversion to leave the 12,236 fans in raptures.

Roosters 18 (Boyd Cordner 2, Michael Gordon tries; Michael Gordon 3 goals) def. Broncos 16 (Benji Marshall, Corey Oates, Tautau Moga tries; Jordan Kahu 2 goals) at Allianz Stadium. Half-time: 12-6. Crowd: 12,236

http://www.nrl.com/cordners-heroics...roncos/tabid/10874/newsid/108521/default.aspx

Our right side is suffering with hunt at helm. I think he's a talented player but just not working at Broncs.

We should have won that game. Felt we were the better team out there. Our SOO players were clearly fatigued, but the bench wasn't that bad, probably needed more minutes. I read Sua at 50m which was not bad for minutes played. Him and Pangai will be good for us.

Did Roberts go off before full time?

I'm wondering where he was for the Marshall kick..

I'm not even gonna bother with correct numbers:

1. Boyd - It was a really poor game from him, average for most players but he is far better than what he should tonight. Your captain should be firing the team up, not looking like he wished he was anywhere else. 5
2. Oates - Given how hard he went in origin, he was carrying the team for large portions of the game. 8
3. Roberts - Man he gets banged up every game, tried hard and does a lot of work but needs KNik. 6
4. Moga - His try was classy but his run just before was absolutely top notch. Unfortunately, the other 78 minutes were pretty much pure rubbish once again. 4
5. Kahu - He had a great game except for two moments, unfortunately they very clearly cost the game. His missed conversion can be forgiven, his drop to Cordner for a try was just pathetic, didn't even look like a bad bounce. 3
6. Marshall - Was a mixed bag from him, some good plays, some rubbish, should not displace KNik. 6
7. Hunt - Nowhere near as bad as quite a few posters are making out. His first half was rubbish, his second half was actually pretty good. 5
8. Sims - How much game time did he get? Hardly noticed a guy who should be pushing for origin. 4
9. McCullough - Showed how much he is needed in defense tonight. 7
10. Blair - Really good game, played really well for a lock, which is where he should be . 8
11. Thaiday - Did he play? He has slowed down dramatically this season, almost to a standstill. Some questions in his future need to be asked shortly. 3
12. Gillett - Was good in parts but clearly needs a rest. 5
13. McGuire - He was really good, for a prop masquerading as a lock. 7

14. Glenn - Didn't really notice him to be honest, odd considering how many times he got the ball. 6
15. Ese'ese - Really odd that he got such little game time. 5
16. TPJ - Started like he hasn't played in a long time, finished like the Taumololo-type we all hope he becomes. Huge future. 7
17. Su'a - He looked threatening in his few opportunities and was it just me or can anyone see a little similarity to...Hodges of all people? 6

3. Roberts - Man he gets banged up every game, tried hard and does a lot of work but needs KNik. 6

Needs Boyd.

Boyd has been the main reason why Roberts has been more dangerous the past 6 weeks.

His involvement on the right tonight dropped compared to recent weeks.

Can someone explain why after a 6 game winning streak suddenly sims and Thaiday were back on the run on side?

We are the Brisbane Warriors. That was our game for the taking, we were the better sode all night, but our execution was piss poor. Really missed Milford and, dare I say it, Nikorima IMO.

We are the Brisbane Warriors. That was our game for the taking, we were the better sode all night, but our execution was piss poor. Really missed Milford and, dare I say it, Nikorima IMO.

Milford and Marshall win that game tonight.

There are chances where Moga can pass to Oates throughout games but he chooses to hold it, when Reed was centre he use to pass it to Oates a lot more which frustrates me when Moga doesn't pass it sometimes when there a chances for Oates to go through gaps.

There are chances where Moga can pass to Oates throughout games but he chooses to hold it, when Reed was centre he use to pass it to Oates a lot more which frustrates me when Moga doesn't pass it sometimes when there a chances for Oates to go through gaps.

I agree in previous games that has been a problem but that wasn't the problem last night and I don't think it would have been smart to pass to Oates heaps when he could so easily get pushed or slide into touch.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.