PRE-GAME Round 14 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Status
Not open for further replies.
That appears to be the consensus from people I've spoken to in the know, TPJ is viewed as our long term starting Lock.

Which may have an insight as to why we're playing McGuire out of position this season instead of blooding Arrow. TPJ may need another full off-season to get physically prepared for the role.

from what i've heard Wayne thinks very highly of Arrow. He probably thinks that he is not quite ready to start yet. and Pangai certainly offers us more impact from the bench

Sad news for hunt if true. Effectively ends his time here. I for one hope he finds his success at st George, and like Wallace finds a way back to his best form. Like Wallace and prince before him, he gave plenty, even If form and injury has cruelled his performances. I hope whoever comes after, whatches that tackle he did almost hopping, and tries to emulate the courage and committment of the moment.

That appears to be the consensus from people I've spoken to in the know, TPJ is viewed as our long term starting Lock.

Which may have an insight as to why we're playing McGuire out of position this season instead of blooding Arrow. TPJ may need another full off-season to get physically prepared for the role.

That would definitely be my preference.

But Hunt wasn't the only player to be dropped, with impressive young prop Herman Ese'ese also being sent back to the Intrust Super Cup.
Ese'ese has had his best year in the NRL during the 2017 season after being promoted to the starting side on many occasions, but for Bennett it was time to give the 22-year-old a rest from first grade.
"He's been up too long. Young front-rowers are like that. The pressure every week on them isn't easy so he needs to have a bit of a spell," Bennett said.

http://www.nrl.com/hunt-dropped-for-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/108682/default.aspx

Thought Herman needed a stint in QCUP, he really hasn't had a good game since Round 2.

Assume Offa will come on to the bench.

Ese ese has been one of my favourite players this year. I like the way Wayne has been blooding the young guys, and rotating them.

He seems to really be making the most of our depth, and I think it will put us in great stead a the important part of the season.

Moga to wing , oates into second row

To move to 2nd row a full preseason to develop the kind of fitness req . Maybe ?
Fwds need anaerobic as well as aerobic fitness .

1 or two tackles a set on the wing is no where near as taxing as the centre 1/3 . Ever seen a winger go off because he`s spent ?
Compare that with the fwds . The majority play 25 -30 mins and come off .

I don't disagree with dropping Hunt and I have stated that I like the idea of kodi moving forward, but for me it is one week too early.

The circumstances that Hunt has played in since returning are warriors away without origin players, roosters away with origin players backing up and also both games without milf. I don't believe that is good enough to act as a form guide.

This game against rabbits would've been my make or break with him for me. At home with a full strength squad no origin issues and against a poor performing rabbits squad. If Hunt couldn't turn his form around in those circumstances then straight to qcup and use the bye to work with kodi/milf combination.

In fact with this game presenting the PERFECT circumstances it may mean Bennett has decided Kodi is his man so may as well give him basically a warm up game against the rabbits

I don't disagree with dropping Hunt and I have stated that I like the idea of kodi moving forward, but for me it is one week too early.

The circumstances that Hunt has played in since returning are warriors away without origin players, roosters away with origin players backing up and also both games without milf. I don't believe that is good enough to act as a form guide.

This game against rabbits would've been my make or break with him for me. At home with a full strength squad no origin issues and against a poor performing rabbits squad. If Hunt couldn't turn his form around in those circumstances then straight to qcup and use the bye to work with kodi/milf combination.

In fact with this game presenting the PERFECT circumstances it may mean Bennett has decided Kodi is his man so may as well give him basically a warm up game against the rabbits

When the 1/2 back can`t find his runners in a set move there is something very wrong ...

I`m sorry Ben . Throwing passes on the ground just won`t cut it

I like Tommy . He played really well for Residents . Seems Uncle Wayne rates Moga higher ATM . Much like myself .
Tommy has a ankle injury which he is struggling to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morepudding
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • Mustafur
  • Waynesaurus
  • Johnny92
  • marw
  • BruiserMk1
  • LGH
  • MTF75
  • RolledOates
  • phoenix
  • Turks85
  • winslow_wong
  • Elcapitano20
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.