Round 14 - Roosters vs Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Copley's been lacklustre? I think he's been very solid since his less than stellar effort against the tigers.

I guess I worded that a but harshly - like you said, he's been solid, done very little wrong And held up his end of the bargain. But that's been as much as he had shown imo - that he was solid. Hadn't really shown any attacking or defensive flair. Think devere without the goal kicking. He certainly put his hand up and said otherwise on the weekend.

I guess I worded that a but harshly - like you said, he's been solid, done very little wrong And held up his end of the bargain. But that's been as much as he had shown imo - that he was solid. Hadn't really shown any attacking or defensive flair. Think devere without the goal kicking. He certainly put his hand up and said otherwise on the weekend.

Yep. Totally agree. But having seen what he was capable of in the under 20s, he has plenty to offer in attack. I think he's been conservative in first grade to limit mistakes and do his job, establish himself. And who can blame him? There was a lot of competition for spots so he couldn't afford to come into the team, do something flashy and **** up and then risk falling out of favour.

I think now he's established he might have the confidence to show us more. He's got that spot for the rest of this season regardless now, so hopefully that'll inspire him.

Copley was the go to man in the U20's last season alongside with Norman and Gagai. He was an attacking machine at centre, with strenght, fends, offloads to his winger and even good speed.
Like others said, he's learning the trade as a winger, but while at 184cm, he's 8 cm smaller than the tallest wingers in the comp (Ferguson and Duffie), he's actually taller or as tall as most other wingers, so I can't see that being an issue...

Active Now

• leon.bott
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.